Prime Conor > Prime Poirier > Prime Holloway > Prime Aldo?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
For me Aldo is FW Goat.

But I wonder if prime for prime, Aldo beats Holloway.

And then I have no reason to think that Holloway was far from his prime, if not in his prime against Poirier.

Conor beat all them three.

I wonder how Poirier vs Aldo would go.

It’s true Khabib>connor> Dustin>max

aldos peak was ended decisively by Connor and his chin was cracked so can’t compare him

How in the world do we twist reality and logic via the "transitive property" to reach a point where Porier is supposedly better than Jose Aldo?

Jose Aldo was the king of FW. He is the FW GOAT.

Dustin Porier was barely top 5 in the division. He wasn't even anywhere close to as good as Chad Mendes at FW for example. Now his LW achievements definitely count and add on, but still come on lol, he's not even fucking close to Aldo.

Holloway fought Porier at LW after moving up on a whim. Styles make fights also, and Aldo clearly lost some gas and was trending down. McGregor also beat him first and took some mystique away.

Aldo wasn't in his prime when he fought Conor. He was showing big signs of slippage by the Mendes rematch

Anyway if nate can smash conor, I believe that version of max would run over conor at 145 no sweat. He would be panic wrestling by the 2and only this isn't baby max anymore

Aldo > Conor >= Max > Poirier

Prime Aldo vs prime Max would be a crazy fight, at this point I'd don't know who would take it, but I'd lean Aldo because of the ferocious kicks.
Prime Poirier is a LW.

Dustin isn’t a better fighter than max, max did a lazy weight class jump and suffered for it, he was clearly significantly smaller than Dustin. Each punch Dustin landed was like a small grenade exploding on Holloway’s face.

Even still, Max had great moments where he almost overwhelmed Dustin completely. Max with proper weight preparation would’ve been a completely different fight.

Peak Aldo > Peak Max > Peak Conor > Peak Dustin
That’s my opinion as of now if by “prime” you mean their individual peaks.

Of course this can all change next weekend if Dustin beats Conor and shows up in top form.

I personally don’t hold much stock in Conor beating an extremely young Max, it’s not enough to discount what max has done in his career since.

I'd potentially argue that beating down and finishing Aldo twice like Max did is more impressive than catching him with a shot like Conor did.

Aldo wasn't much out of prime when he fought Max anyway, he looked like the same old Aldo against Moicano and Stephens to me and those fights were after Max.

Dustin isn’t a better fighter than max, max did a lazy weight class jump and suffered for it, he was clearly significantly smaller than Dustin. Each punch Dustin landed was like a small grenade exploding on Holloway’s face.

Even still, Max had great moments where he almost overwhelmed Dustin completely. Max with proper weight preparation would’ve been a completely different fight.

Peak Aldo > Peak Max > Peak Conor > Peak Dustin
That’s my opinion as of now if by “prime” you mean their individual peaks.

Of course this can all change next weekend if Dustin beats Conor and shows up in top form.

I personally don’t hold much stock in Conor beating an extremely young Max, it’s not enough to discount what max has done in his career since.
Every word you said in this post is the fucking truth.

I'd potentially argue that beating down and finishing Aldo twice like Max did is more impressive than catching him with a shot like Conor did.

Aldo wasn't much out of prime when he fought Max anyway, he looked like the same old Aldo against Moicano and Stephens to me and those fights were after Max.
Aldo was still in his prime for sure, he looked great in those fights including the Frankie one.

Most people don’t understand what a fighters prime actually means, when you speak on a fighters prime your talking about the best years of a fighters career skill wise(regardless of wins or losses). This is usually a 4-6 year stretch (27-31, 27-33), assuming you started training in your teens.

A fighters Peak is that epic 6-12 month window where they never performed better before or since.

I notice fans use the term prime in place of Peak.

Back