Prime Clay Guida would DESTROY Conor McGregor

Agreed, Conor would have one chance and that is landing a KO shot in the first 15 seconds of each round before being put on his back where he would stay until an eventual loss.

The Diego that faced Nick Diaz would have done the same to Conor. Put him on his back and kept him there.

Fighters get dropped all the time. He got up and proceeded to fight Kenny. Conor got rocked, panic wrestled, and choked out. Clay went 10 years without getting knocked out. He has taken down fighter who have a better ground game and better takedown defense. Are suggesting that Clay wouldn't be able to take him down?
What does how both react to getting rocked have to do with this hypothetical fight?
Guida certainly isn't gonna rock Conor

First the Nate pic and now the panic rassle

You aren't really interested in your own topic, you just want an argument.

Wow the hate for conor is just getting ridiculous. God knows what it will be like after he starches khabib.

If Guida's chin held up then maybe you could potentially win some rounds?

Conor probably KO's any version of Guida though

He didn't get KO'd. Very underrated fight though. Awesome comeback by Huerta.

huertaguidastaredown.gif
Conor wouldn’t have it in him to pull off that comeback like Huerta did if the fight went that way but I have to say I think Mcgregor would probably end guida in one round but who knows

What does how both react to getting rocked have to do with this hypothetical fight?
Guida certainly isn't gonna rock Conor

First the Nate pic and now the panic rassle

You aren't really interested in your own topic, you just want an argument.
He got dropped like how Conor got rocked and finished. Never said he would rock him, but it would be absurd to think he wouldn't be able to take him down and submit him.

I guess its possible that he could take him down and smother him and maybe get a sub late in the fight, but Guida is a little too wild and vulnerable on his feet. I would probably favor Conor in this fight because I think Clay would struggle to get Conor down and Conor's ability to land hard counter strikes is undeniable.

Conor would probably catch him standing but if clay got him down Conor wouldn't be getting back up.

Who has clay guida ever destroyed?
By destroy you mean super blanket lnp to victory.

Oh yeah such destruction

Conor is better than Huerta or Florian, but yeah if he survived 3 rounds maybe he could get something going in a 5 rounder... But Mendes had power, Guida only have pressure and that doesn't go that well with a good counter like Conor.

This thread isnt about Clay, its about a pathetic TS' need to make a thread about a man he dislikes. What a sad life, being obsessed about someone who doesnt even know you exist.

This.

Let's go down the UFC roster and pick fighters to beat Conor in a fantasy matchup.

Enough.

Get a PS4 or get laid.

He got dropped like how Conor got rocked and finished. Never said he would rock him, but it would be absurd to think he wouldn't be able to take him down and submit him.
Mendes who has a chin, hands, cardio, and ncaa all american wrestling went 58% td accuracy against mcgregor and ended up turtled against the cage. Also went for his camps best submission which Conor defended quickly and correctly (if you even know bjj).

Safe to say the guy with the nickname the blanket would have issues finishing Conor before he got dropped. Fucking southpaw florian pieced him up, Conor would make it look easy. Probably something like the Siver fight.

Also we talking pre-diaz loss flashy kicks and stupid shit Conor, or the Conor we saw vs Alverez who didn't play around with tkd and tooled him with some of the best counter strikes we've ever seen?

Prime Guida was an absolute embarrassment to MMA. His big wins were all achieved by squeaking out controversial decisions by stalling for three rounds in front of a booing and jeering audience. He would have been cut years ago if not for his quirky bounce-up-and-down gimmick.

Prime Guida was an absolute embarrassment to MMA. His big wins were all achieved by squeaking out controversial decisions by stalling for three rounds in front of a booing and jeering audience. He would have been cut years ago if not for his quirky bounce-up-and-down gimmick.
I don't get it though, how was that enough for him to not get cut?

Actually not an outrageous statement. Guida is the ultimate spoiler with wins over other champs, combined with the stylistic matchup.

Guide gets his lights turned off the very first time he moves his hair out of his eyes; probably inside of 15 seconds of round 1.

Back