Prime cain vs prime stipe

So Prime Cain has a loss where he got knocked out in the first round? So does Stipe against DC.

He beat Reem who's been KO'd 14 times, the Francis win was good but showed how poor his grappling is, Werdum fought like an idiot and just ran into his fist and he lost nearly every round against DC.

All the guys Stipe beat were much better several years before he faced them, he caught everyone on the downslide to retirement.

He's a great fighter who came along at an ideal time to exploit a worn out division.

Ironic you say exploited a weak division, Cain did it in a weaker division, when Lesnar was champion and then sat on the belt till he was humiliated by Werdum.
If you bring up resumes, then it’s even more of a resounding win for Stipe.

Outside of JDS, Cain beat a pro wrestler, the corpse of Big Nog and Bigfoot. Cain is laughably overrated, he has one good win in his entire career. Just the one. And when a new challenger like Werdum came up he was beaten decisively.
Think of all the all time great and number of their top wins, it’s shameful to even compare Cain to them.

DC is a more refined than Cain everywhere IMO except for pace. Although the non-sea level Cain against Werdum was questionable. Would be a close fight against Stipe, although I would give Stipe the edge standing.

I am gonna go with Stipe on this one. I think he would land a very nice short counter on Cain coming in and KO him.

Ironic you say exploited a weak division, Cain did it in a weaker division, when Lesnar was champion and then sat on the belt till he was humiliated by Werdum.
If you bring up resumes, then it’s even more of a resounding win for Stipe.

Outside of JDS, Cain beat a pro wrestler, the corpse of Big Nog and Bigfoot. Cain is laughably overrated, he has one good win in his entire career. Just the one. And when a new challenger like Werdum came up he was beaten decisively.
Think of all the all time great and number of their top wins, it’s shameful to even compare Cain to them.

Bigfoot Silva was two fights removed from wrecking Fedor and after losing to Cain he went on to KO Reem and Travis Browne. Bigfoots downfall came in 2014 after the TRT ban and the brain surgery.

Brock is a tough match up for anyone, we saw that in his wins over Mir and more recently when he dominated Hunt.

Cain wrecked prime JDS, JDS was never the same after that trilogy but still had enough left in the tank to beat Stipe the first time and then Stipe avenged an even more shot JDS.

Yeah Werdum was a terrible style match up for him, coupled with the altitude and that was Werdum in the best form of his career motivated for the title shot.

My point is these same guys Stipe beat were around many years earlier as better fighters and the division was tougher then.

Would you say these HW fighters: Brock, Carwin, Bigfoot, Mir, JDS, Arlovski, Werdum, Hunt, Overeem were better fighters 2009-14 or 2015-present because I'd argue they were all much better when they younger and less battle worn.

Beating present day Arlovski and Overeem is very different to beating these guys 10 years ago in their primes.

PRIME AND PRIME... Both lost to Junior Dos Santos.
oBNRkbK.gif

OptimisticComplexIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif
Nice MMA math

DC is a better version of Cain

Better chin and cardio, cleaner striking

Either way Stipe sleeps both of them
Cardio? Nah. DC always struggle past the third. I also think Cain has better striking, a better chin/defense And more power.

I agree with the point of Stipe sleeping them both.

There has already been a few people in this thread that have DC as being better than Cain so no we all cant agree.
Nah. They Are probably just trolling.

Better cardio, better striking, better defense, bigger And stronger.

Cardio? Nah. DC always struggle past the third. I also think Cain has better striking, a better chin/defense And more power.

I agree with the point of Stipe sleeping them both.
Cain has a shaky chin that was almost cracked by Kongo, also got dropped by a 6inch punch from Ngannou. DC ate Rumble's bombs and still won.

Cain's cardio is overrated, gassed out in 1 rd against Werdum.

Cain has a shaky chin that was almost cracked by Kongo, also got dropped by a 6inch punch from Ngannou. DC ate Rumble's bombs and still won.

Cain's cardio is overrated, gassed out in 1 rd against Werdum.
Kongo And Ngannou Are no jokes, And he Was beat up bad by Werdum, And that is tiering. I do agree that he is a bit overrated, but at HW, I think he is a better version of DC.

While i agree that cains upside was fantastic, i think people tend to forget that he was very hittable too. Cheik dropped him multiple times. Against the bigger, slower more ploddy HW's he shines. I think Stipe catches him coming in with a straight

Stipe's pretty hittable too, off the top of my head he's been dropped by JDS, Reem, DC, Struve.

How does it play out?

Does stipe have the jab and footwork to keep cain away and does cain have the chin and durabilty to withstand stipes output and power.
Stipe via TDD and vastly better striking.

So many clueless Cain nuthuggers.

Don't forget that "prime" Cain never fought in the USADA era.

Stipe > Cain

Stipe's pretty hittable too, off the top of my head he's been dropped by JDS, Reem, DC, Struve.
I agree that he is too. My point isn't that Stipe is some standup wizard, it's more so that people view Cains prime as something that's impossible to rival simply because they pick and choose his best moments and leave out some of the important factors. Cain is imo far more susceptible to walking into a shot then Stipe and Stipe is great at firing of the back foot. I don't really see Cain being able to just Rag doll Stipe with his wrestling either as nothing really shows me evidence of this occuring

No, it's not even close to comparable to Couture's first fight. Stipe was 12-1 when he fought JDS first time, almost 5 years as a pro. That's about the kind of experience when fighters should be entering/should have entered in their primes. I would argue that Stipe was probably a better fighter in the first JDS fight than he is now, because I think Stipe's prime is now over. In 2014 he was 6 years younger, faster, with less mileage on his chin and body, 6-1 in the UFC and 12-1 overall. I would definitely take that Stipe vs the current one.

Hahahaa ok dude

Back