Prime Cain vs Prime Overeem?

And I have to ask, did Reem ever get rocked during his ubereem phrase? In either mma or kickboxing?

I'm talking about Ubereem, when he fought Brock, legitimately one of the scariest fighters ever. How do you think he'd do against Prime Cain? Before all the injuries? I believe these two are tje scariest heavyweights of all time and lots of people say Overeem at that time was unbeatable, I'd say Cain at his peak would have beaten him. This fight would have been amazing, pity Cain got injured so much. Dude was scary in his own way.
Who do you think wins and would this be the most skilled heavyweight fight ever?
Cain at his peak without injuries would have been hard to beat to be honest.

I'd bet on prime healthy Cain against just about anyone.

Not seeing how he's the better overall fighter when Overeem has better striking and sub grappling.
Maybe in a setting where there are no strikes. But not while getting smashed in the face by Cain.

Maybe in a setting where there are no strikes. But not while getting smashed in the face by Cain.
Thats a different arguement. Cain is not more well rounded than Overeem, he might have beaten him but he isn't as good of a striker and he's not as good of a submission grappler so he's less well rounded.

Anyone saying Overeem needs to watch the Werdum Overeem fight in SF.

I think that Cain would have closed the distance and initiated clinches and found that Reem was even more dangerous in that position. I'd pick Reem to win by KO via knees.

Cain in his prime was beaten by injuries. I feel in his prime he'd take Ubereem.

Ubereem on horsemeat would flatline Stipe and Francis in one night

Depends on the rule set.

Under UFC rules Cain could beat anyone but under Pride rules I doubt he beats any of the top strikers with good TDD regularly.

If you watch the Cain/JDS fights you will see how reliant Cain was on the rules of no kicks to a downed opponent and no punches to the back of the head. He was not nullifying JDS' striking with good striking defense but instead by using those rules against him. Cain was shooting in and just clinging to an ankle, even when he could not get a TD and exposing the back of his head only as a target. He was literally just clining for long periods of time as JDS dragged him around attached to his foot as you see dad's do with their infant kids when playing games.

In Pride or a street fight Cain gets destroyed doing that.

I'm talking about Ubereem, when he fought Brock, legitimately one of the scariest fighters ever. How do you think he'd do against Prime Cain? Before all the injuries? I believe these two are tje scariest heavyweights of all time and lots of people say Overeem at that time was unbeatable, I'd say Cain at his peak would have beaten him. This fight would have been amazing, pity Cain got injured so much. Dude was scary in his own way.
Who do you think wins and would this be the most skilled heavyweight fight ever?

Prime Cain crushes any version of Overeem.

Ubereem would toss around and destroy EPO Cain

Thats a different arguement. Cain is not more well rounded than Overeem, he might have beaten him but he isn't as good of a striker and he's not as good of a submission grappler so he's less well rounded.
That’s cool. But that doesn’t answer the question. The question was “who wins?”

Cain Velasquez would have won it by TKO.

Invincible until, you know, he gets hit on the chin. Ubereem was his most dangerous stage, but his chin has always been susceptible.
fucking right you are. however I think his chin was quite a bit better when he was at his biggest and most intimidating. Brock is no power striker by any means but he did send Heath flying across the cage. overeem ate his shots with his hands down unfazed. Rpgers couldn't hurt him and he was a bad man at some point. Knockd Arlovski into next week. I think his opponents were so wary of his power and strength that they never threw full-blast against him. kind of like the vibe Ngannou has going right now.

Back