Prime Buakaw vs Prime Petrosyan

Doesn't matter who wins in one it will be changed to a no contest if Petrosyan loses and forced rematch til he wins
All I can say is, I saw the fight the day it happened before it was overturned, I looked at it and thought 'yeah Petchmorrakot is getting away with a lot of clinching here'. I thought Petch should have lost the decision, but I don't like the precedent overturning them, even if the refereeing was poor in my eyes.

I think we can all agree they wouldn't have overturned it if Petrosyan wasn't involved. Based on how the Judges in ONE are supposed to judge fights, i think it's pretty clear Petmorakot won. You should not cherry pick when to apply aspects of rules/judging, it should be consistent in all fights. That' would also be fair to the fighters since they know what they can expect.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree they wouldn't have overturned it if Petrosyan wasn't involved. Based on how the Judges in ONE are supposed to judge fights, i think it's pretty clear Petmorakot won. You should not cherry pick when to apply aspects of rules/judging, it should be consistent in all fights. That' would also be fair to the fighters since they know what they can expect.

I agree - although I disagree that Petmorakot clearly one. It was excessive clinching if we're going by kickboxing rules as I know it, that being Glory/K1 rules - but I have searched for ONE FC's rules specifically on kickboxing and haven't been able to find them. If ONE's kickboxing rules allow for more clinching then fair - but I haven't been able to find the rules on their website. As I was watching that fight on the day I thought 'yeah he's holding, he's probably going to lose the decision' and was then surprised when he was awarding it

I agree - although I disagree that Petmorakot clearly one. It was excessive clinching if we're going by kickboxing rules as I know it, that being Glory/K1 rules - but I have searched for ONE FC's rules specifically on kickboxing and haven't been able to find them. If ONE's kickboxing rules allow for more clinching then fair - but I haven't been able to find the rules on their website. As I was watching that fight on the day I thought 'yeah he's holding, he's probably going to lose the decision' and was then surprised when he was awarding it

3 seconds of clinch were allowed.

3 seconds of clinch were allowed.
He did not let go of many clinch after 3 seconds .
Remember the referee said break and he was still hugging not doing anything like pulling or off balancing but he wasn't realizing the hold .
If when he heard break he did released Petrosian then I thing people would understand why he won .

Not sure, probably still Petrosyan, but it"s useless. Now Buakaw can"t be even mentioned anymore in a 4-man tournament!

Petrosyan, Marat, Sittichai and none maybe? Well, I would rather make Marat against Petrosyan, and then Petrosyan vs. Sittichai. Of course, if Petro takes it. Superbon after embarrassed himself against Semeleer and Marat, was KOed also in his previous fight against Sittichai....

I would have enjoyed Petrosyan, Marat, Sittichai and Yod at some time! And at some time Petrosyan, Sittichai, Buakaw and Yod!

Not sure, probably still Petrosyan, but it"s useless. Now Buakaw can"t be even mentioned anymore in a 4-man tournament!

Petrosyan, Marat, Sittichai and none maybe? Well, I would rather make Marat against Petrosyan, and then Petrosyan vs. Sittichai. Of course, if Petro takes it. Superbon after embarrassed himself against Semeleer and Marat, was KOed also in his previous fight against Sittichai....

I would have enjoyed Petrosyan, Marat, Sittichai and Yod at some time! And at some time Petrosyan, Sittichai, Buakaw and Yod!
Superbon losing to Endy and Marat wasn't very shocking for me I mean it's a tournament some have it easy for the finals while other got harder .
If they fought many time wouldn't be surprised if Superbon win many of them .
Endy losing was definitely a huge upset .
Nut we can also say Marat embarrassed himself by being a pad for Yodsanklai kick lol .

That's pretty bad of an outclass .
If we can say that he got a stay infection ( I think ) as a reason why he performed poorly then we can also give Superbon a break by saying he lost to Marat and Endy in a tournament that worn him allot .

For some reason this thread quickly changed topics...

They fought in 2007 and it was scored a draw. But judge for yourself who you think won:

Buakaw won IMO.

Last edited:
Back