Prime boxers vs Kickboxers/MT fighters in a full striking match

Tysons popularity was worldwide not just America. Chuwattana isnt even known at the local Pho restaurant down the street.

Its also cute that you get off on being beat in your pwn threads and in other threads.
That submissive attitude is a bitch tho. First you're on Sherdog getting handled in threads and then before you know it your tied up in bondage with some chick and guy in assless chaps slapping you in the face with a dildo or shoving that little red ball that they use in your mouth or whatever. Dont be a victim.

You do know that Mayweather dominated his opponent and was robbed by the judges.
Somrak wouldve gotten his ass beat had they not pulled that bullshit.
I dont think you knew that. I think you literally thought Floyd lost and Somrak won simply on skill.
Mayweather got robbed like Roy Jones did. Look it up

Yeah and so did somrak and if they met the fight could have gone either way. However he grew up as a nak muay whereas floyd grew up as a boxer. Floyd would not have been able transition into muay thai and win a lumpinee title.

So if the philippines can produce a boxer with pacquiao talent lever then why cant thailand produce a muay thai fighter with equal talent lever? You're full of bullshit

So, are throws and trips also part of your ruleset since they are used in Sanda and that is considered a striking art?

No, I considered Sanda separate since it includes actual TDs where being thrown to the ground scores points, and so these fights were under the assumption of Muay Thai rulesets. Again, maybe a Muay Thai ruleset should not have been called the same thing as a full striking ruleset. I do think it is not really black and white how you define it.

Tysons popularity was worldwide not just America. Chuwattana isnt even known at the local Pho restaurant down the street.

Its also cute that you get off on being beat in your pwn threads and in other threads.
That submissive attitude is a bitch tho. First you're on Sherdog getting handled in threads and then before you know it your tied up in bondage with some chick and guy in assless chaps slapping you in the face with a dildo or shoving that little red ball that they use in your mouth or whatever. Dont be a victim.

First off of, American sports stars are often popular the world over whereas athletes from sports like football, rugby or Thia boxing who are just as good and proficient in what they do are never gonna be popular here. That is why I mentioned football guys like Lionel Messi who are just as good at what they do as the most popular NFL or NBA guys yet are not gonna attract anywhere near the same size of fan masses in an average US city.

Yeah and so did somrak and if they met the fight could have gone either way. However he grew up as a nak muay whereas floyd grew up as a boxer. Floyd would not have been able transition into muay thai and win a lumpinee title.

So if the philippines can produce a boxer with pacquiao talent lever then why cant thailand produce a muay thai fighter with equal talent lever? You're full of bullshit

Maybe he thinks that because Thailand is Buddhist and not some form of Christian that it means they are by nature pussies who can't be as good at combat sports. And that Pacquiao is overrated and not much more than a can crusher anyway. At this point I don't rule out either of those.

That's because KB is easier to get prominent in.
I could dominate KB right now if I wanted to.

You're speaking out of your ass. Only a moron with inferior thinking and inferior beliefs in a clearly inferior sport would spout the non-sense you just spit out.
You know nothing of boxing.

Hahaha ok emax, I see where you're going with this. Carry on.

Tyson would blitz and KO anyone of those guys in his prime...

First off of, American sports stars are often popular the world over whereas athletes from sports like football, rugby or Thia boxing who are just as good and proficient in what they do are never gonna be popular here. That is why I mentioned football guys like Lionel Messi who are just as good at what they do as the most popular NFL or NBA guys yet are not gonna attract anywhere near the same size of fan masses in an average US city.

Why are you calling soccer, football?

Maybe he thinks that because Thailand is Buddhist and not some form of Christian that it means they are by nature pussies who can't be as good at combat sports. And that Pacquiao is overrated and not much more than a can crusher anyway. At this point I don't rule out either of those.
You're all over the place now.

Tyson would blitz and KO anyone of those guys in his prime...

This guy knows whats up.

Why are you calling soccer, football?

because that's what soccer is called in every country that doesn't have a Star Spangled Banner as its national flag. So I was showing a little respect and decency to non American readers.

So what if tyson would KO some of the greatest kickboxers? There are other weight classes too

Pro boxing at one of its weakest points and fell apart when the rest of boxing caught up to him? and you actually think Jomthong Chuwattana is comparable to Tyson?

How many ppvs Chuwattana sell? How many people worldwide stopped whatever they were doing to watch Jomthong? How big of a cultural and mega star did Jomthong become? How ruthless and intimidating was Jomthong?
Could Jomthong walk down the streets of NY or LA and be swarmed by fans?
Is Jomthong a legend and considered one of the GOATS?

You're speaking out of your ass. Only a moron with inferior thinking and inferior beliefs in a clearly inferior sport would spout the non-sense you just spit out.
You know nothing of boxing.

what has this to do with anything?

No, I considered Sanda separate since it includes actual TDs where being thrown to the ground scores points, and so these fights were under the assumption of Muay Thai rulesets. Again, maybe a Muay Thai ruleset should not have been called the same thing as a full striking ruleset. I do think it is not really black and white how you define it.

Ok, so grabbing someone by the scruff of their neck and elbowing them a few times then tossing them over your knee is striking.

But grabbing someone by the waist and tossing them over your hip is clearly grappling.

I gotcha. Makes perfect sense.

Ok, so grabbing someone by the scruff of their neck and elbowing them a few times then tossing them over your knee is striking.

But grabbing someone by the waist and tossing them over your hip is clearly grappling.

I gotcha. Makes perfect sense.

Why do you have to be so picky about it? Muay Thai is considered striking and Sanda is considered striking and grappling. You see guys hanging on to each other in boxing in a way that can be called clinching as well and that is typically not considered grappling in the same way that Judo or wrestling is. I just meant a clinch in MT that is used to land more kinds of strikes can be called a striking technique. Just a choice of terminology and definitions. If you are gonna involve every kind of combat style there is it can always be more complex.

Why do you have to be so picky about it? Muay Thai is considered striking and Sanda is considered striking and grappling. You see guys hanging on to each other in boxing in a way that can be called clinching as well and that is typically not considered grappling in the same way that Judo or wrestling is. I just meant a clinch in MT that is used to land more kinds of strikes can be called a striking technique. Just a choice of terminology and definitions. If you are gonna involve every kind of combat style there is it can always be more complex.

You literally said "Full striking match."

You could have avoided this conversation by saying "Muay Thai match."

Instead, you're the bozo who opened up the "what the hell is full striking?" conversation.

As far as I am concerned, full striking means what K1 striking is now. Everything else is needless grappling you're trying to weasel in.

You literally said "Full striking match."

You could have avoided this conversation by saying "Muay Thai match."

Instead, you're the bozo who opened up the "what the hell is full striking?" conversation.

As far as I am concerned, full striking means what K1 striking is now. Everything else is needless grappling you're trying to weasel in.

Ok, so next time I'll say Muay Thai rules. I didn't think anyone would get that technical about it or bring up Sanda in relation or anything like that. I figured they would either say who the hell cares, make a case for one side, make a case for the other side or just be a jackass for jackass's sake like DeJulez. And true enough, that is what all the other posters did. I had no idea anyone would care enough about that technicality, especially since I posted this at 4 am and figured, this is Sherdog, the place where people get into wrestling locker room type brawls over these kinds of topics for the hell of it and not obsess over technical details.

Hey, don't get all pissy at me over your shitty threads that lack detail

Whoa calm down man, I ain't getting pissy. Just pointing out that Sherdog is typically not a place where people sweat such details. And saying that next time I'll remember that some Sherdoggers do take these details seriously. That's all. Let's all try to relax.

Perhaps consider that there shouldn't be a next time.

Wasteland plz

The purpose of combat sports are to win under the rulesets in which you train. This is real life, it isnt a fucking Van Damme movie.

Jajaja, everyone knows that knowing how to do anything more than JUST punch means you AUTOMATICALLY win a fight against anyone who ONLY knows how to punch.

Pffft.

It's Sherdog, where if nothing else there are always going to discussions on the capabilities of MMA fighters of today and yesterday and so there will eventually be a next time. Maybe not today or tomorrow or next month but eventually. And I have learned what to do when, not if but when, there is a next time. So it all worked out ok.

Back