Prime BJ vs. Khabib would've been nuts

yea bud you for sure know more about mma than me

BJ is on a 6 fight losing streak and has a record of 16-13 btw

Dont @ me
Just because I joined in 2018 doesn’t mean I haven’t being fallowing MMA for years.

The TS specifically said prime BJ the same BJ who fought GSP 1 and Matt Hughes 2 that BJ had one of the best boxing in both WW and LW devision at the time.

Crazy if not almost perfect TD And world class BJJ. That’s why he was called the “prodogy” due to his BJJ. Only a newbie or a troll would compare BJ grappling to McGregor

No I wouldn’t. He never worked hard enough to have the cardio to survive this man. I never doubted bjs skill, just his work ethic
I don’t think he can have cardio. It is largely genetic, just like power and flexibility. BJs ceiling is low for cardio, at best he was a 3 rd fighter. He could never be a max, Tony or Diaz with cardio,

That ya´re reachin´, especially when it comes to the fight against [WW] Nick.
He quit vs GSP, Diaz and Edgar, thats plenty of proof.

A fighters skills may diminish as he ages but fighting spirit isnt physical. Penn wouldve folded to Khabibs pressure.

I don’t think he can have cardio. It is largely genetic, just like power and flexibility. BJs ceiling is low for cardio, at best he was a 3 rd fighter. He could never be a max, Tony or Diaz with cardio,
Back then you didn’t need to cut a ton of weight or have great cardio. Now you do. It’s just different times. Just look at the physique of fights now compared to bj. Dude was not about those grindy things that make you better. He was just gifted. That’s the reason he was so disappointing.

No. I have said this many times over. BJ Penn is the most overrated fighter in the history of the sport. Terrible cardio. Overrated stand up.. The dude would get crushed.

LOL...prime bj would have gotten a bj imitation from khabib and smelled his nuts for multiple rounds. BJ Penn is overrated as fuck.

He quit vs GSP, Diaz and Edgar, thats plenty of proof.

A fighters skills may diminish as he ages but fighting spirit isnt physical. Penn wouldve folded to Khabibs pressure.
Hmmm, nah...

Understand that @ OW, the undersized dude is not supposed to be competitive, in the modern era [2000s-2010s].

I think you'd be surprised.

sUGVr0K.gif

Watch Penn and Edgar. BJ was 31 years old at the time. And he got his ass kicked. The first fight was competitive, the rematch was complete domination. Not long after that Fitch in a draw basically beat the shit out of him. That third round he was on top of BJ beating the absolute crap out of him.

Hmmm, nah...

Understand that @ OW, the undersized dude is not supposed to be competitive, in the modern era [2000s-2010s].
Edgar is undersized and hes never been broken like Penn

Edgar is undersized and hes never been broken like Penn
Edgar is great too, one of the [very] few exceptions, but bein´dominated @ OW doesnt mean ya´re a quitter, in Modern MMA. It is expected.

Edgar is great too, one of the [very] few exceptions, but bein´dominated @ OW doesnt mean ya´re a quitter, in Modern MMA. It is expected.
I agree that Penn is a great fighter , he was actually able to win a round against the greatest of all time GSP.
He got beat up bad in the rematch though.

I am not sure BJ was ever great. Khabib would maybe him look like an amateur.

Penn and GSP 2.

Watch that fight if you want to know how it would go. After one round of BJ and GSP basically exchanging strikes. GSP got the TD in round 2 and beat the shit out of him. After the round was over BJ had zero cardio, and pretty much zero will to fight. Game over.

I agree that Penn is a great fighter , he was actually able to win a round against the greatest of all time GSP.
He got beat up bad in the rematch though.
He basically forced No Rush to L&P....

no it wouldnt bj would get wrestle fucked in the first round a
Not to say that Rodrigo Gracie fights anything like Khabib but would've loved to see the matchup.

nd prob stopped guys are legit 10 times more technical today than they were 10 years ago

Its not about being dominated, he gave up. Its very difficult to see a scenario that Khabib would lose to someone like that in a 5 round fight

This

And thats not even including the GSP/Hughes fights from his “prime.” I like BJ but I really think he is incredibly overrated around here

people who dont train just dont understand how much the game has evolved technically if little frankie did that to him imagine khabib anddd frankies gotten alot better since and has issues taking guys down at 145 at times

Its not about being dominated, he gave up. Its very difficult to see a scenario that Khabib would lose to someone like that in a 5 round fight
Not talkin´ about the Khabib fight here.

Sorry Broheim, even prime/ motivated BJ gets smashed & embarrassed by Khabib.

Back