Prime BJ vs. Khabib would've been nuts

Hypothetically, cardio may not be an issue if BJ manages to hurt Khabib standing and go for an RNC. Michael Johnson hurt Khabib standing. A long grappling battle would've been interesting to watch.

If Conor and Barboza couldn't hurt Khabib, Penn certainly isn't going to hurt him with strikes.

That shows how little you know about MMA or maybe you are a troll. To compare Conor grappling and TDD to BJ Penn is one of the dumbest comments I had ever seeing on this site.

yea bud you for sure know more about mma than me

BJ is on a 6 fight losing streak and has a record of 16-13 btw

Dont @ me

BJ Penn will forever be remembered for what he could have been instead of what he was.

For a man who wanted to be known as the greatest ever, that must be a nightmare.

I doubt he has nightmares. While many posts about him are overrated in my view he did accomplish a lot more than most fighters, including wins over belt holders in multiple divisions. He also fought GSP to a split decision on their first meeting.

If this fight happened in 2002 to 2008 BJ would absolutely destroy Khabib, prime Penn was very good. Phenomenal tdd and ground game, and he had great boxing. Anyone who disagrees doesn't know what they are talking about.
Yes, the Penn that lost to Pulver and Hughes would destroy Khabib. LOL

Yes, the Penn that lost to Pulver and Hughes would destroy Khabib. LOL

He also beat many good fighters during his title reign and beat Hughes twice. Back to the topic, you really think Khabib at 15 years old through 21yrs old before his first mma fight beats Penn who was at this best in those years?

;)

Heay.gif

Bj penn wouldn't even crack the top 10 in the current LW division, let alone beating khabib
<36>

giphy.gif

When was his prime?

He had a couple good streaks sandwiches between some horrible performances.
In my opinion, he was a talented guy that squandered his prime by not training seriously and mismanaging his career

Guys in here talking shit about BJ have no idea how dominant he was during his prime.

Possibly but which LW wrestlers gave prime BJ problems? BJ Edgar 1 should have went to Penn imo.

BJ hung in vs a ww goat in GSP their first fight.

I think Khabib wins but Penn has a live chance despite what some posters here think.

True, but I think Khabib is the Terminator and BJ is Kyle Reese. He could beat him, but it would take a perfect storm whereas Khabib just has to do well.

People are grossly shitting on BJs boxing and TDD. His hands would’ve been light years beyond Khabibs and unlike Conor, he wouldn’t be petrified of being taken down. Khabib looks great and is the best fighter at LW. The BJ that murdered Diego, Stevenson, Sherk and Florian is an extremely difficult match up for any LW ever. He chose when he wanted to end fights. He’s the LW GOAT.

I’m not saying he steamrolls Khabib but I do believe it’s about 50/50. BJ with a gas tank, which he had in his prime, is a tough mother fucker.

BJ's tdd was awesome against blast doubles and single legs, Khabib's wrestling is not similar to american freestyle , its a different beast altogether
Plus Khabib has shown a great chin, easily absorbed shots for Conor, Barboza, Iaquinta
Penn was great when most were average, he was ahead of the curve then
We all saw what happened when people caught up to him

Pointless exercise, MJ hurt Khabib when he connected. Imagine what 2004 BJ would've done.

Prime Penn would have finished 2 day notice Iaquinta.
Dude, stop listening to Rogaine and start watching fights with your own eyes.

Also, I never understand when someone says a Khabib vs another LW fight would be "nuts" . In my mind, a fight being nuts means lots of havoc and success from both sides. Khabib is too dominant to have a "FOTY".

I would move to see this fight

Prime BJ was amazing

The version of Penn who fought GSP the first time would be difficult for anyone at 155.

I would bet on Khabib. I think he just keeps chain grappling until Penn gets tired

The sport passed bj by. He was done at 30. He never improved. You judge a man by his era band bj had his moment but he would fold with khabib. He would have to ko him early as he’d gas with the grind.

Back