Prime BJ Penn could beat both of these guys, no?

cpirish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think his TDD could keep Khabib standing all night, and I think he could outbox Conor.
Thoughts?

I like it....yes, he would.

He would be starched by Conor within 4 minutes.

I think he'd very likely lose to both, Khabib take him down, tire him out and I have to think McGregor has better striking.

lol God No

BJ couldnt handle being on the bottom against GSP no way he survives Khabib on the ground and BJ always had shit fight IQ he would try and stand with Conor and get KO'd.

Against Khabib it would look like the second matt hughes fight

Against conor it would look like the third matt hughes fight exept conor would play the role of bj

Khabib and McG are focused in their speciality types, ie. Khabib = wrestling and McG = striking.

Prime BJ was very good against “one-dimensional” fighters. Where BJ had his most problems was against multifaceted fighters like GSP and Edgar.

That said, I think prime BJ matches up well agsinst either Khabib or McG.

I think it's closer than people think...overall Conor has more striking tools but if BJ mixed in his grappling it could be interesting. Who knows with Khabib...he could probably just wall n stall if he didn't wanna risk a sub

Prime BJ is capable of getting a submission on Conor even when Conor isn't fatigued but I'd still favour Conor and Khabib would edge a decision with his top game.

Khabib he matches up pretty well against, Conor not so much... but I think both would find a way to beat him.

easy wins for BJ. BJ chokes McTap in one round. Khabib is a bit tricky, but he has enough TDD and BJJ to deal with Kahbib's wrestling.

I honestly think he could.

Understand most opinions here, but are folks forgeting how prime BJ handled guys like Hughes and Sherk? BJ was deceptively good against strong wrestlers.

Look at Yair fight. Yair has shit boxing and crushed a post-Prime Penn. Prime Penn gets annihilated by Conor.

Prime BJ possesses one of the best chins in MMA history. Also possesses under-appreciated wrestling. If he takes Conor down he could sub him in a dozen different ways.

Back