Prime Barnett vs Prime Lesnar

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Who would win and why?

I will take Barnett in this one, most likely by submission.

I'd take Lesnar by GnP TKO.

Although Barnett was great I'd see Lesnar's physicallity, size, and strength combined with his wrestling to defend the submissions too much for Barnett.

Barnett takes a limb home.

Barnett always would have destroyed him

People hate on Brock, but aside from being a little scared of the punches, he was a freak. He had potential to rule that division but it was just too late. He can ran through anybody in that division if he can do what he did in the frank mir 2 fight

Lesnar had a prime?

Defeating Couture, Mir, and Carwin in a row is a prime and if you don't think so you're spitting on every fighter he beat. Remember Couture had just beaten Silva and then Gonzaga. Carwin was the #1 contender and had finished all his fights by knockout in the first round. He constantly claimed "If I touch Lesnar he'll go to sleep. People thought he hit harder than Lesnar. Well he "touched " Lesnar about 60 times in a row just as hard as he possibly could and all he got from that was tired! Lesnar showed amazing toughness and an iron chin in that fight. After that, diverticuitis ruined the rest of his career. To this day nobody has surpassed Lesnar's two consecutive successful defenses of the UFC HW Title.

Defeating Couture, Mir, and Carwin in a row is a prime and if you don't think so you're spitting on every fighter he beat. Remember Couture had just beaten Silva and then Gonzaga. Carwin was the #1 contender and had finished all his fights by knockout in the first round. He constantly claimed "If I touch Lesnar he'll go to sleep. People thought he hit harder than Lesnar. Well he "touched " Lesnar about 60 times in a row just as hard as he possibly could and all he got from that was tired! Lesnar showed amazing toughness and an iron chin in that fight. After that, diverticuitis ruined the rest of his career. To this day nobody has surpassed Lesnar's two consecutive successful defenses of the UFC HW Title.

Randy was a year and a half removed from those wins though and in his mid 40's plus Gonzaga was as we saw much less fearsome if taken past the 1st and Sylvia was carrying a back injury(which Randy knew of when he asked for the fight).

Brock had a pretty good physical chin but in no way was he "tough" he was one of the worst big name HW's in MMA history when it came to mental toughness. Carwin beat on him for a round and then gassed so badly he needed an oxygen mask.

There was no Brock prime, what changed was that Cain and Overeem had decent striking and takedown defence. People just needed to invent a prime afterwards to justify falling for the UFC hype, the reality is Brock's illness was actually worst right before his best win over Mir.

I could potentially see Brock getting Barnett down but I don't think he'd be able to do much to him on the ground. Josh isn't THAT dangerous off of his back but he did have good leg locks and more importantly I think Brock's limited standup, mental weakness and cardio probably mean that Barnett finishes him at some point.

I could potentially see Brock getting Barnett down but I don't think he'd be able to do much to him on the ground. Josh isn't THAT dangerous off of his back but he did have good leg locks and more importantly I think Brock's limited standup, mental weakness and cardio probably mean that Barnett finishes him at some point.

Mir is better from the back than Josh, and Brock shut him off completely. I think Brock would do pretty much the same thing against Josh and get a TKO as well.

Lesnar's major advantage against most of his opponents was his size.
Josh happens to be a large individual and an excellent grappler.

I don't really see where Brock would have the upper hand.

Back