Prime Anderson Silva would never have lost to Jan Blachowicz

Obviously. Jan got KTFO by Santos

If jan waits till round 4 before he decided to take AS down. Then yeah he would of been knocked out. Prime AS would of tooled jan with in two rounds. If jan was going to stand like he did with izzy.

I don't think anyone gets to be number 1 in the world in MMA if they aren't in their prime, even if it's just the beginning of it.
I've read that for years and I think the Pride announcers might have even mentioned it. I honestly wasn't watching during those years...I mean is... that ranked by Sherdog, Pride, or who in '04? Are those ranking also including those losses to takase and chonan? He was still ranked #1? That'd be suspect. I understand him beating Sakurai, Horn, Newton and even Lee Murray the time were good, also because of the ways he was doing it, but he was also decisioning 2-10 Otsuka or 0-1 Roan Carneiro. Rich's record was crazy, with NO decisions, at the time and only having lost going up at quasi-heavyweight against Machida. IMO Rankings, especially older rankings, shouldn't be used for clout. At best belts are for clout, sometimes those shouldn't be either.

I've read that for years and I think the Pride announcers might have even mentioned it. I honestly wasn't watching during those years...I mean is... that ranked by Sherdog, Pride, or who in '04? Are those ranking also including those losses to takase and chonan? He was still ranked #1? That'd be suspect. I understand him beating Sakurai, Horn, Newton and even Lee Murray the time were good, also because of the ways he was doing it, but he was also decisioning 2-10 Otsuka or 0-1 Roan Carneiro. Rich's record was crazy, with NO decisions, at the time and only having lost going up at quasi-heavyweight against Machida. IMO Rankings, especially older rankings, shouldn't be used for clout. At best belts are for clout, sometimes those shouldn't be either.

Not sure which rankings, a lot of the older rankings either don't have archives or don't exist anymore. Anderson became the number 1 WW in the world when he beat the previous number 1 Sakurai Aug 26, 2001 and I imagine he was number 1 till sometime in 2002-2003 when Hughes became number 1.

Pride fixed fights..it is well documented... I didn't say that specifically those fights were fixed... but if Takase was a +750 underdog in that fight... I bet a few Japanese Mafia guys made some millions that day... I might be wrong.. who knows. I would be much more likely to believe that the chonan fight was legit he was an all around good fighter who could wrestlers strike and submit people.

Rather than guess...you can read about it. Type "Anderson Silva almost quit" to read about his interview where he admits he almost quit after losing until one of the nogiera brothers convinced him not to quit. You'll see how he pulled a gun on his coach once and switched teams. fighting is an emotional sport. ess normal

Looking back at the fight, I can't believe Adesanya had no answer for Jan's rudimentary and basic if not at times sloppy offensive attacks. This supposed "world class level striker" had no answer for it at all, got outstruck every round and had zero answers when he got put on his back. It shows how overrated he is and that he's feasting on crude strikers and guys who can't level-change or wrestle.
Gastelum, who has somewhat technical stand up, and old Silva have shown that Adesanya only looks great against technical brawlers. Jan had a significant weight advantage over them and used grappling in a smart way.
Fortunately for him, the division is full of technical brawlers.

Oh bullshit I watched Andy's career too and he would have just been taken down sooner and had no answers.

Anderson lost to Takase and Chonan in his prime

What kind of meth are you smoking?!?

You know fucking well Anderson was NOT in his prime during anytime he was in Pride.

He wasn’t even the same fighter nor a high level jiujitsuka back then

For a striker, it's amazing how many submission finishes Anderson had. And unlike Izzy who fights in a striker heavy division, Anderson fought a murderer's row of grapplers and beat them all.

No it's not, boxing isn't like MMA. There are a lot more titles and winning a title doesn't make you number 1 in the world. When Anderson beat Sakurai he was number 1 in the world. I don't think anyone gets to be ranked number 1 in the world in MMA if they aren't in their prime.

Canelo didn't beat Mayweather so i'm not sure why you are bringing him up.
He was number 1 in the world in that promotion. Not in the world in other promotions ranking system. In boxing you get the belt and you are number 1 in the world for that title in that weight class. There are 4 main titles. When you are number 1 in an mma promotion, you are only number 1 in the world in that promotion. Every promotion has their own ranking system.

He was ranked 1st in the world at WW before he joined the UFC. His prime started before he was in the UFC.
I'm talking about his prime where he was at his best, not just physical prime.

Jan is a beneficiary of a weak UFC LHW division. Dude wouldn’t get past Phil Davis or Rumble. Once again UFC casuals can’t think for themselves and believe everything UFC tells them. “UFC level” is a myth perpetuated by casual UFC fans who don’t know anything about mma and cannot distinguish high level talent when they see it because they’ve never trained a day in their life.
Jan would beat the shit out of any LHW in Bellator. Your posts scream the word “casual, and shill”. But, you don’t even have the sense to shill for the biggest and best promotion. You shill for the minor leagues, and think you’re some kind of purist for doing so. The rest of us, just laugh at you and fart in your general direction.

Looking back at the fight, I can't believe Adesanya had no answer for Jan's rudimentary and basic if not at times sloppy offensive attacks.

Adesanya didn't have the height and reach advantage that's he's had in all his middleweight fights.

*Yawn* and prime Anderson is ancient history so what's your point?

We don't know.

We've seen people like Cormier go from Strikeforce to UFC champion.

Anything can happen in a fight.
Well we would know if the scrubs in Bellator were actually good enough to fight in the ufc. And haven’t most of the guys in the Bellator LHW Grand Prix already lost to UFC fighters? Yes, I believe they have.

Jan will give Silva some striking work. Jan is a regional Muay Thai guy.

Back