Prime Anderson Silva would never have lost to Jan Blachowicz

Anderson in his prime(UFC title run) wasn’t about to lose to anyone. Could have had all the belts from 170 to 265.

it would have been competitive jan s striking is underrated but matrix anderson in untachable and would beat him standing it wouldn t be kickboxing vs muay thai as with pizzy it would be muay thai vs muay thai

No shit. Tell me something I don't know. Just because he was ranked #1 doesn't mean he was prime - also he was ranked #1 at WW and not MW. Clearly, the Anderson who was reigning over the MW division was prime Anderson.
Or maybe he was in a weak MW division ... how about that?

He was ranked 1st in the world at WW before he joined the UFC. His prime started before he was in the UFC.
I understand that, but to me his peak prime skills was in UFC. That's like thinking boxers are at their peak when they win their first world title. Canelo got into his prime after the Mayweather fight.

I understand that, but to me his peak prime skills was in UFC. That's like thinking boxers are at their peak when they win their first world title. Canelo got into his prime after the Mayweather fight.

No it's not, boxing isn't like MMA. There are a lot more titles and winning a title doesn't make you number 1 in the world. When Anderson beat Sakurai he was number 1 in the world. I don't think anyone gets to be ranked number 1 in the world in MMA if they aren't in their prime.

Canelo didn't beat Mayweather so i'm not sure why you are bringing him up.

Anderson became number 1 in the world at WW when he beat Sakurai which was before he lost to Chonan and Takase.
a guy with 13 fights under him is not in his prime, sad that even has to be said

Yeah, post the most botched move in Jan's career (which he learned from) and act like it's how his typical striking looks like...people are still heavily underestimating Blachowicz, geez.

Your perception of striking is rudimentary.
It's beyond me how people still sleep on Blachowicz.
I did too, for a while, but it's more and more obvious to me how good that current version of his actually is.
Beat the brakes off Reyes, who (in the eyes of most) just beat Jon Jones and then beat a guy who's 75-5 in kickboxing and is an undefeated champion at middleweight.

I also don't get how some people think Jan is slow. I mean fuck me, did these people miss the Rockhold, Reyes and Izzy fights?

a guy with 13 fights under him is not in his prime, sad that even has to be said

Chris Weidman had less than 13 fights when he beat Anderson twice. Fighters can absolutely be in their prime with less than 13 fights, sad that even has to be said, especially in a thread about Anderson Silva.

not a chance in hell

Jan beat up a couple of of chininy washed up middleweights, a mentally broken Dominick Reyes, and Corey Anderson

prior to that he was prelim fodder losing to the likes of Patrick Cummins unanimously

Anderson Silva would have danced around 38 year old Jan Blachowicz with ease

now we have a LHW title main event coming up between two geriatrics who could never reach for the brass ring while they were in their primes

thanks a lot of izzy
YeRuzDW.gif

Anderson lost to Takase and Chonan in his prime, he could certainly lose to Jan.
giphy.gif

LMAO. Chonan was well ahead in that fight even the commentators said so. The only people that think Chonan was losing didn't watch the fight and get their opinions from the short video you posted instead of actually watching the fight.
That's kinda how I always felt about it who was winning up until the sub.

I would have Prime Anderson beating Jan but not necessarily for any sound reasoning. If I was being reasonable - because Silva could probably have stuffed some of the takedowns and landed a huge sniper shot but it's mostly because watching those years of his career was so fun and just waiting for 'what's he gonna do next?!'

giphy.gif

That's kinda how I always felt about it who was winning up until the sub.

I would have Prime Anderson beating Jan but not necessarily for any sound reasoning. If I was being reasonable - because Silva could probably have stuffed some of the takedowns and landed a huge sniper shot but it's mostly because watching those years of his career was so fun and just waiting for 'what's he gonna do next?!'

I would favor Anderson in his prime against Jan. I was just pointing out that Anderson lost to much worse fighters after he had already been number 1 in the world so it's pretty crazy to me for someone to say Anderson could never lose to Jan.

IMO Anderson had an extremely long prime starting around the time he beat Sakurai and ending either after Weidman 1 or Weidman 2.

Anderson was absolutely not in his prime in PRIDE. I saw every one of his fights (minus Okami 1) from Newton onwards in real time.
He was crushing Okami until that point and sealed the deal with the illegal up kick. Built one of the dumbest narratives in MW Championship history "Okami has a win over Anderson" to add to the "Okami is a huge MW"

I would favor Anderson in his prime against Jan. I was just pointing out that Anderson lost to much worse fighters after he had already been number 1 in the world so it's pretty crazy to me for someone to say Anderson could never lose to Jan.

IMO Anderson had an extremely long prime starting around the time he beat Sakurai and ending either after Weidman 1 or Weidman 2.
Ah...fair enough. I definitely don't think his prime started until he was MW full time. He was real good before don't get me wrong.

Ah...fair enough. I definitely don't think his prime started until he was MW full time. He was real good before don't get me wrong.

I don't think anyone gets to be number 1 in the world in MMA if they aren't in their prime, even if it's just the beginning of it.

i mean prime anderson got dropped by chael sonnen…

It doesn’t matter what prime Anderson would’ve done in your little imaginary world. Making these threads over and over and over again about these hypothetical matchups that will never happen doesn’t prove a point.

Back