Prime Anderson Silva would never have lost to Jan Blachowicz

The Anderson who dusted Forest and Irvin would have seen those slow, telegraphed punches coming a mile away and ko’d Jan stiff.

FelineFaithfulIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.gif

Israel wouldn’t do well at all at lhw in any era of the sport. Prime Anderson would have taken the belt from Shogun, Machida, Forest, Rashad or Rampage.

Last edited:
so many noobs in this thread.

Comparing izzy's loss to Jan is stupid. Jan was the current light heavy weight UFC champion and Izzy moved up 20lbs.
Where Ryo Chonan and Daiju Takase were giving up at least 20 maybe 30 pounds against Anderson Silva...and neither was close to being the pride middle weight champion.

Also - if you think Anderson silva's losses were fixed...there's a good chance you also think there's a deep state that rigged the election and vaccines cause autism and bill gates is tracking you. Come out of your conspiracy theory cave....follow the light.

Pride fixed fights..it is well documented... I didn't say that specifically those fights were fixed... but if Takase was a +750 underdog in that fight... I bet a few Japanese Mafia guys made some millions that day... I might be wrong.. who knows. I would be much more likely to believe that the chonan fight was legit he was an all around good fighter who could wrestlers strike and submit people.

He was good fighter but never best
I wouldn’t say Anderson was overrated. I actually think he is a better overall fighter prime for prime than Izzy. I am just being a little harsh due to the heavily biased and illogical OP

U
Pride fixed fights..it is well documented... I didn't say that specifically those fights were fixed... but if Takase was a +750 underdog in that fight... I bet a few Japanese Mafia guys made some millions that day... I might be wrong.. who knows. I would be much more likely to believe that the chonan fight was legit he was an all around good fighter who could wrestlers strike and submit people.
UFC fixed fights too

Anderson was ranked number 1 in the world before he lost to Chonan and Takase.

No shit. Tell me something I don't know. Just because he was ranked #1 doesn't mean he was prime - also he was ranked #1 at WW and not MW. Clearly, the Anderson who was reigning over the MW division was prime Anderson.

i dont know....silva chose his 205s oponent very well, the only time i was surprised was when he acepted to face dc, and the fact he survived the 15minutes

No shit. Tell me something I don't know. Just because he was ranked #1 doesn't mean he was prime - also he was ranked #1 at WW and not MW. Clearly, the Anderson who was reigning over the MW division was prime Anderson.

You're arguing against multiple things that I did not say. I never said that Anderson was ranked number 1 in the world at MW before he was in the UFC. I also never said that Anderson wasn't in his prime in the UFC. I said that Anderson was number 1 in the world at WW and that his prime started before he was in the UFC.

Reactions: lsa
i hate both but both in their prime silva ko's izzy

Pride rigged fights.... for Japanese wrestlers.... its a known fact... that said... this is an unfair comparison Anderson was heavier than izzy in his prime and had better lateral movement.. I think izzy has a different skillet than silva even though they have comparable styles.

Adesanya might be just as good of a middleweight, but to be honest he could be 170 185 Silva was definitely a 185 205 guy in his prime.

Huge silva fan.
Izzy could not be 170 lmao. Alternatively Andy WAS 170 for a big portion of his career. In fact I think it was 165. Facts matter

Prime Andy runs through any version of Polish Power imo.

Anderson was absolutely not in his prime in PRIDE. I saw every one of his fights (minus Okami 1) from Newton onwards in real time.

He peaked unusually late for a non-HW fighter, which probably causes the confusion.

The only fighter to give Anderson problems in his prime was Sonnen. That's it.

Lol skinny dudes have to hang onto something I guess.

And even then skinny dude Silva had to get super saucy to fight - he doesn't represent you.

<Dany07>

The Anderson who dusted Forest and Irvin would have seen those slow, telegraphed punches coming a mile away and ko’d Jan stiff.

FelineFaithfulIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.gif

Israel wouldn’t do well at all at lhw in any era of the sport. Prime Anderson would have taken the belt from Shogun, Machida, Forest, Rashad or Rampage.
Yeah, post the most botched move in Jan's career (which he learned from) and act like it's how his typical striking looks like...people are still heavily underestimating Blachowicz, geez.
Looking back at the fight, I can't believe Adesanya had no answer for Jan's rudimentary and basic if not at times sloppy offensive attacks.
Your perception of striking is rudimentary.

Last edited:
According to Silva's fans, he entered his prime the moment he left Japan (despite being one of the best 170 lbs fighters in the wolrd and showing high-level Bjj in, for instance, Otsuka fight) and exited his prime the moment he fought Weidman, despite "entering the Matrix" and making a fool out of Bonnar 6 months prior

Back