Prime Anderson/prime Rampage vs common LHW opponents

And no rematch because they wanted the belt on their poster boy Forrest

Rampage would have gotten a rematch if he didn't do a demolition derby through the city

Rampage's career is criminally underrated.

Rampage would've been a terrible match up for Anderson tbh
Page via decision.

Edit: Since your being a dick and spinning things how about the ONLY stat that matters. The official stat.

Griffin won. It's in the books and nothing you can do about it. Deal with it.

View attachment 526083
I’m a “dick” for using the stats you provided that say 4 out of 6 say Rampage should have kept his title? Lol riiiiiight. FYI name calling means you can’t back up an argument....ad hominem at its finest.
e5c.jpg

Rampage would've been a terrible match up for Anderson tbh
Page via decision.

He struggled with Forrest's standup and got annilalated by Shoguns, won a controversial bs decision vs Machida.

What threat would he present to Anderson who is the greatest MMA striker of all time?

Last edited:
He struggled with Forrest's standup and got annilalated by Shoguns, won a controversial bpting decision vs Machida.

What threat would he present to Anderson who is the greatest MMA striker of all time?
Anderson fought 3 wrestlers at MW in the UFC. Hendo, Chael, and Weidman. All three of those opponents were the fights Anderson struggled the most during his reign. He ran through strikers and bjj guys, but those three all at bare minimum gave Anderson some adversity.

Add in that Rampage was bigger than Hendo and Chael, had a better chin then Chael and Weidman, and had better striking then all 3 of them.

Anderson fought 3 wrestlers at MW in the UFC. Hendo, Chael, and Weidman. All three of those opponents were the fights Anderson struggled the most during his reign. He ran through strikers and bjj guys, but those three all at bare minimum gave Anderson some adversity.

Add in that Rampage was bigger than Hendo and Chael, had a better chin then Chael and Weidman, and had better striking then all 3 of them.

Rampage doesnt have great offensive wrestling.

If he did, he should have used it vs Shogun and Forrest who also struggle vs wrestlers.

Try again

Prime rampage was a lhw and around 225 during fights. Prime Anderson was mw fighting around 200 at fight time. Forrest beat several guys that he shouldn't have. Forrest was not good. Rampage that fought Forrest was already a shell after the wandy and shogun beat downs. Hendo is a badass.. He fought many many guys way bigger than him and done well. He looked like shit vs Anderson.

Anderson had the same problem Fedor had imo. He got to the top, got the money, the fame etc. It went to his head and he lost the fire he once had. Rampage never got to the top, but was still a top guy in the day. Hendo was not a lhw ever. He did fight at lhw and hw, but he was never a legit 205 or above. Again Forrest was a product of the ufc hype train building up the TV series. The 1st season had b level at best fighters that got pushed into the limelight for the ufc's benefit.

Why exactly are we comparing these guys anyway? Not the same weight class, and Anderson was on a higher level than rampage ever was. It's not close or debatable. The only lhws Anderson fought were b level guys.

Rampage doesnt have great offensive wrestling.

If he did, he should have used it vs Shogun and Forrest who also struggle vs wrestlers.

Try again
The hell? Shogun and Forrest have literally only lost fights via punches to the face or the odd standing submission. What jibberish are you even talking about?
Forget about the fact that Forrest weighs like 30 pounds more than Anderson.

It's embarrassing you seem to think Anderson, Shogun, and Forrest are even the same kind of fighter to begin with lol

Add in that Rampage was bigger than Hendo and Chael, had a better chin then Chael and Weidman, and had better striking than all 3 of them.
Rampage doesn't have better striking at all. He got okay boxing and decent power, but he's way too heavy on his feet(not light on his feet) and way too slow with his footwork. Weidman on other hand is much lighter on feet, has good in and out movement and is very good at getting out of danger or strikes with his footwork. Weidman boxing technically is also better, and is much more accurate and calculated with his strikes.

I’m a “dick” for using the stats you provided that say 4 out of 6 say Rampage should have kept his title? Lol riiiiiight. FYI name calling means you can’t back up an argument....ad hominem at its finest.
e5c.jpg

You're a dick because you purposely used spin doctoring on what I wrote. Instead of trying to take the meaning of what I wrote in that the fight was not a robbery, you just regurgitated the rules on what happens when a championship fight ends in a draw. Great job genius.

I think page beats Andy honestly. he beat machida who is better than Andy imo.

You're a dick because you purposely used spin doctoring on what I wrote. Instead of trying to take the meaning of what I wrote in that the fight was not a robbery, you just regurgitated the rules on what happens when a championship fight ends in a draw. Great job genius.
I didn’t “spin” anything. The graphic YOU posted proved my point and now you’re all salty that I pointed it out. I “regurgitated” the rules because a lot of people who share your opinion are leaving out that under the rules in place in 2009 a 10-8 round was easier to achieve. The judges fucked up, plain and simple. Don’t get all butthurt that your stats buffer what I’m saying. When it is a championship fight a draw would have left the title with rampage yet you conveniently leave that out. I never said it wasn’t a close fight. It was close enough to be a draw but Rampage was robbed of that in my opinion. I haven’t name called YET so just agree to disagree and be on your way.

Prime Anderson finishes prime Rampage.

Dan lost but he had his number in the first round. After the fight Dan says he did everything possible to get a rematch (beat Paul Harris, Rich Franklin, and Bisping) but Anderson wanted no part of it to the point that dan left and went to strike force. He said that was the only reason he left the UFC.

Back