Prime Alexander Karelin would ragdoll Cain

your mentally challenged if you think Cain would get even close to outwrestling or taking down the mighty Alexander Karelin even in mma....he would pun Cain on his back in no time and rain down lunchbox size fists

Without MMA training - I honestly don't think so ( he would still ou twrestle Cain but that alone is not enough ). Cain by sub. With some MMA training he would have been the one to rule them all.

No. watch his mma fight. while his wrestling and strength are awesome that alone does not make an mma fighter. his striking and defense is almost non existent.

In a UFC sized octagon, Karelin would be outwrestled by Cain. He'd also be viciously knocked out in a minute. In a wrestling match, prime Karelin would have done whatever he wanted to with any UFC fighter, including Brock. Karelin never trained MMA, or fighting in other form, as far as I know. If you don't do that, you'll get your ass kicked. It seems surprising to me that people still haven't learnt the lessons from UFC 1.

Karelin was unlike anyone that was at UFC1.. If given time to train striking hypothetically if he was able to get his hands on Cain or anyone else or in the clinch i have no doubt he would get them down. Who knows how long it would work.. But like others have said he didn't like MMA or want to train in it so we will never know. He is a specimen though..

Without MMA training - I honestly don't think so. Cain by sub. With some MMA training he would have been the one to rule them all.

of course he would have had MMA training he probably would have trained with Fedor and high level Russian Sambo guys and Russian Boxers

Last edited:
Prime Alexander Karelin would rag doll the UFC heavyweight division he had Brock level strenth and athleticism plus way better wrestling and technique. Rumors out of Japan said he had monster fists and hit like a truck (sounds like Carwin). With some mma training dude would have been hw GOAT. Imagine someone with Brock strength and athleticism, Carwin punching power, and better wrestling technique then Danier Cormier in UFC's heavyweight division.

Brock level strenght?? Are u kidding? Karelin was much-much more stronger then Brock ever. Not a good thing confronting the biggest and strongest wrestler ever with a B level wrestler.

Karelin vs Lesnar (wrestling pedigree)
9x world championship vs 0 world championship
3x olympic gold vs 0 olympic gold
14 national champion vs 1x NCAA Div 1 champion

I see the difference.

No. watch his mma fight. while his wrestling and strength are awesome that alone does not make an mma fighter. his striking and defense is almost non existent.

he never had a MMA fight the fight in Japan was a fix more of a pro wrestling show

Brock level strenght?? Are u kidding? Karelin was much-much more stronger then Brock ever. Not a good thing confronting the biggest and strongest wrestler ever with a B level wrestler.

Karelin vs Lesnar (wrestling pedigree)
9x world championship vs 0 world championship
3x olympic gold vs 0 olympic gold
14 national champion vs 1x NCAA Div 1 champion

I see the difference.

Your absolutely right. My bad for the misinformed claim. But yes Karelin would certainly rag doll Brock and was much stronger.

Last edited:
He would have been the UFC HW Champ without any question....

Most people on here probably don't even know who he is, and would naturally scoff. His loss to Rulon Gardner was almost surreal!

BUT, I think you may be correct. Dude was a FREAK...

Of course he'd dominate. Do you know how much shit he was on? They didn't call him the Experiment for nothing. If machida drank this guy's pee he'd be a god.

maybe cain would punch him in the face 300 times while he got ragdolled and squeak out a decision :3

Of course Karelin is a beast and the greatest wrestler ever but how would he transition into MMA? Maybe he has no chin, won't be a able to learn striking or submissions? There is no way to know. In a fight I would take Cain over him any day.

Karelin was a freak athlete in his prime. He could stick a backflip at nearly 300 pounds. He'd walk miles through the snow, knee and waist deep, through Russia. He carried a full-sized fridge weighing more than 500 pounds up 8 flights of stairs to his apartment, in a bear hug.

He's the most decorated and accomplished/successful wrestler of all time. He was known for his freakish strength, size and athleticism. He was born a 15 pound baby and called a Soviet experiment. He's so strong that they named his reverse body lift the "Karelin lift". He's the only guy that was able to do it, and very frequently. It was really hard to stop. And Karelin was far stronger than Lesnar ever was. He was basically dead lifting ~300 pound men for many years and doing it at the highest level of wrestling internationally in actual competition.

Karelin would dump Cain on his head in a wrestling match, at least in Greco. Cain's best chance to take him down would be with Freestyle-based takedowns (by attacking his legs with singles and doubles). Even then, he wouldn't be able to hold Karelin there if he could even get him down at all. Karelin did train Freestyle before but I heard he wasn't very good at it and didn't put much time into it either. He was the most feared athlete of all time.

300 pound, 87 inch reach Karelin would be perfect for Greg Jackson. Insane wrestling and perfect eye poking reach.

Maybe but only with 3-5 years time and many learning fights and he still might had been a complete failure or "only" top 5.
Athletically he had everything and he was a great wrestler obviously but the distance and everything is different in MMA and maybe he would have had no talent for striking and/or grappling.
Yoel Romero is on paper the best wrestler who ever competed in the UFC and he got taken down in fights and fights mostly using his striking

James Thompson > Yoshida = Gardner > Karelin

James Thompson > Karelin

Back