Priest From Dublin Comes Out of The Closet to His Congregation

I don't think he should receive any judgment or hate, but he doesn't deserve a standing ovation either. Being gay doesn't make you a hero. If that were my church, I'd find a new place to worship.

It's so sad that cops soldiers are demonized yet someone is a hero for coming out if the closet without knowing anything else about them.

Last edited:
Nice to see the usual bigots have gathered in circle-jerking with the new troll.

the muslims were attacking constantinople. this is why the Crusades started. it was not "hey we are christians lets go kill these muslims"

the crusades were not inspired by christian doctrine but by muslim doctrine.

and i specifically referenced the first one
and Muhammed was not far from a demon

Wauw.
history.gif

Here's something that will blow your mind:
That was not why the crusades started (at all), and Constantinople actually fell to the Ottomans because of the crusades. Go open a history book.

and i specifically referenced the first one
and Muhammed was not far from a demon

Wha? You saying the First Crusade was launched because the Muslims attacked Constantinople? Do you even history bro?

With all the homophobic religious people out there, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy comes out as agnostic/atheist next.

All you so called religious homophobes, keep up with the bigotry. All you're doing is hammering a nail in the coffin of your religion. More people are becoming tolerant of homosexuality, it's seen as normal. With all you relgious homophobes, who judge consenting adults who they should have as a sexual partner. All you're doing is turning people away from religion as people realize how it can be used to push hate and bigotry.

In Islamic countries it's a crime to stop being a Muslim, there's nothing stopping vast numbers of people leaving religion in other countries. And with all the hate and bigotry often seen by religious people, more and more people will become agnostic/atheist.

I don't think he should receive any judgment or hate, but he doesn't deserve a standing ovation either. Being gay doesn't make you a hero. If that were my church, I'd find a new place to worship.

It's so sad that cops soldiers are demonized yet someone is a hero for coming out if the closet without knowing anything else about them.

It's not about him being a hero... It's about showing support for someone they care about and recognizing that was an extremely brave move.

When one of our best friends came out to us, our group took him out to a gay club for the night to show our support and show him we were unequivocally cool with it so he didn't have to feel strange sharing details about his life to his straight friends. He later told us that it was the kindest thing anyone has ever done for him. That's what you do when you care for someone, you support them and show it by your actions. I'm sure this priest finally being able to live life as who he really is and having his entire community stand and cheer him on for that decision was one of the best moments in his life.

I applaud both him and his congregation.

With all the homophobic religious people out there, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy comes out as agnostic/atheist next.

All you so called religious homophobes, keep up with the bigotry. All you're doing is hammering a nail in the coffin of your religion. More people are becoming tolerant of homosexuality, it's seen as normal. With all you relgious homophobes, who judge consenting adults who they should have as a sexual partner. All you're doing is turning people away from religion as people realize how it can be used to push hate and bigotry.

In Islamic countries it's a crime to stop being a Muslim, there's nothing stopping vast numbers of people leaving religion in other countries. And with all the hate and bigotry often seen by religious people, more and more people will become agnostic/atheist.
This priest knew the rules of his religion from day one, he knew gay priests were not allowed and decided to become a priest anyway.

The difference in Christianity is we don't resort to physical violence.

Well, not lately and not on Fox or MSNBC so it doesn't count.

images

images

images

But yeah, in modern times Islam is leading in the Perform Atrocities In The Name Of An Imaginary Being Olympics.

I'm not an atheist BTW, just disgusted at the way so many of my fellow monkey-men have interpreted the higher power to justify abominable things while claiming divine providence is their guide. Disgusting and brings us farther from God than any atheist could ever do.

Don't get all high and mighty here bud, Christians slaughtered MANY Muslims during the crusades. Many military generals and political leaders in the US consider themselves Christian, and have slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Muslims these past 2 decades.

Way to thread-jump "bud." And what does your post have much of anything to do with my post?

This priest knew the rules of his religion from day one, he knew gay priests were not allowed and decided to become a priest anyway.

Kind of shows you how dumb a religion can be then, when being gay stops you from doing "gods work."

Another logical reason against religion.

Kind of shows you how dumb a religion can be then, when being gay stops you from doing "gods work."

Another logical reason against religion.
Regardless of how stupid it seems he should never have become a priest knowing he was gay. Besides according to Christianity, Judaism and Islam being actively homosexual is at odds with doing god's work, this priest fully understood that.

the muslims were attacking constantinople. this is why the Crusades started. it was not "hey we are christians lets go kill these muslims"

the crusades were not inspired by christian doctrine but by muslim doctrine.

This is how the lefty Islam-apologists will try and respin Boko Haram in Nigeria in a few decades (if that long). One group slaughters indiscriminately and beyond cruelly until the other fights back and restores order to the barbarians. But then it will be "look how the Christians massacred in Nigeria."

The Crusades were largely defensive war against Islamic conquest. It looks like that's the way things are heading again - hopefully not.

What a huge step forward for Ireland as well if this isn't just an isolated case of people being accepting.

People from Ireland seem to be fanatical about their Religion. My of my buddies is from Ireland and he's ready to fight someone for offering him a 'Protestant Whiskey...' How insane is that...

Regardless of how stupid it seems this priest understood from the very beginning that his sexual preference was unacceptable. He should never have become a priest knowing he was gay.

How many people lie on their job application? LOL.. I'd say a lot... :rolleyes:

How many people lie on their job application? LOL.. I'd say a lot... :rolleyes:
If you get caught lying on your job application you either don't get the job or if you did the job you then get fired. This priest got caught lying on his job application for the priesthood.

If you get caught lying on your job application you either don't get the job or if you did the job you then get fired. This priest got caught lying on his job application for the priesthood.

So, you think he should be fired?

LOL! That would be a good way of enlightening people of the intolerance of religion.

Religion is a form of control. The more religious people speak, the more obvious it becomes.

LOL! That would be a good way of enlightening people of the intolerance of religion.

Religion is a form of control. The more religious people speak, the more obvious it becomes.

Very true... It always reminds me of The Allegory of the Cave by Plato.

What a huge step forward for Ireland as well if this isn't just an isolated case of people being accepting.

People from Ireland seem to be fanatical about their Religion. My of my buddies is from Ireland and he's ready to fight someone for offering him a 'Protestant Whiskey...' How insane is that...

One person is not a fair representation of the Irish view on religion. Things have changed in the last 30 years and the traditional stereotypical view of Ireland, is nothing like the reality.

Plus it's not like a gay priest is a surprise in Ireland, it's sort of common knowledge here for years. Pregnant unmarried daughter, off to the magdalene laundries. Gay son, off to the priesthood.

Very true... It always reminds me of The Allegory of the Cave by Plato.

Although most people may point at systems of control while living in another without realizing it. It's easy to see something from the outside looking in but the last thing a fish would describe if you asked it to describe it's environment is water.

Government, propaganda / scientific indoctrination, and money serves to control now. Our modern day civilization is based on it.

He understood that gay priests were not allowed yet still became a priest and then revealed his sexuality.

Back