pride, wec, and strikeforce fighters were all supposedly inferior to ufc fighters...

So, in a career that spans over 50 fights... he has wins over 4 above average fighters. Thanks for proving my point. That is one PADDED record.

Storm would lose to guys outside the top 20. He is not good .. at all.

Costa and Munoz are #9 and #7 respectively. Are you saying Storm wouldn't beat them?

Yoel likely is going to be top 5, but you're picking him out and saying him being a tough fight given his current position means Storm couldn't hang.

Boetsch, Belcher, Roger Gracie, Larkin .... those are the guys Storm can compete with and I can see the fight going either way. I would actually pick Storm to lose more than 50% of the time if he fought each of them 10 times.

????? Only dana lied to himself that ufc fighters were superior to pride fighters.
Everyone else knew the truth.

Well on SD everybody was raving on how Pride fighters would run through the UFC with an ease. CC would cruise to the HW belt and so on.

It went both ways at the time.
And the truth was... somewhere in the middle.

Well on SD everybody was raving on how Pride fighters would run through the UFC with an ease. CC would cruise to the HW belt and so on.

It went both ways at the time.
And the truth was... somewhere in the middle.

Mostly this. Overall the UFC was a better org ... some Pride and SF fighters were obviously talented.

The only org with arguably better fighters was WEC.

Some will be top10... doubt any will actually win a title but I can see challenging for it

An org doesn't represent how good a fighter is. Orgs are nothing but barriers, stopping fighters from fighting wherever, whenever and whoever they want.

A lot of the WEC fighters did well when coming to UFC since they were just prospects when signing with WEC who hadn't reached their full potential yet. The UFC Lightweights at the same time had bigger names at the time but had gone about as high as they could. The WEC fighters had more room for growth in their MMA games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back