pride, wec, and strikeforce fighters were all supposedly inferior to ufc fighters...

Da Bombers is, as usual, oversimplifying, generalizing, and getting details wrong to make his case.

The majority of people who knew something about Pride believed that Pride fighters would would dominate in the UFC. It was widely believed by hardcores that Cro Cop would be the HW champ, and that Shogun would be the LHW champ.

I'd also like to point out by way of reference that Lombard didn't exactly run through everyone at MW and Lyman Good washed out of TUF.

Koreshkov's ground game isn't good enough against yhe monster wrestlers in the UFC.

If he improves his TDD, he'd be able to hold his own, I'm sure. His stand-up is electric.

When he lost to Askren, he didn't even train any wrestling (may not have made any difference as Askren is just that good). And that was the most dominated he's ever been on the ground.

The Zuffa mind tricks fools a lot of fans. The truth is, fighters from the other orgs. would do just as well as the PRIDE, SF, and WEC fighters.

No one thought Pride fighters were inferior to UFC fighters, brosef.

No one.

Long terms fans knew better but TUF era fans brainwashed by Dana didn't. I heard that nonsense all of the time for years...until Fedor destroyed Sylvia and Arlovski and Big Nog, as washed up as he was, won the HW title, Rampage/Shogun won the LHW title, and Pride reject Anderson Silva won the MW title. Every weight class the ufc and Pride shared, ex-Pride guys won the title.

The problem is the noobs who say shit like this....try to take two guys out of one org with 80 guys and use it to say they could compete in the UFC. Reality is an org like Bellator has maybe 4 guys that would make any noise in the UFC. Maybe 3 to 4 other guys that might pick up a nice win here and there. Outside of that......poop.

The problem is the noobs who say shit like this....try to take two guys out of one org with 80 guys and use it to say they could compete in the UFC. Reality is an org like Bellator has maybe 4 guys that would make any noise in the UFC. Maybe 3 to 4 other guys that might pick up a nice win here and there. Outside of that......poop.

So you disagree with my list of 27 fighters that could make an impact in the UFCs top 20?

Care to give more than just a generalized vague reason that revolves around grouping each organizations fighters together? No? No surprise there...

Not only are there ATLEAST 27 Bellator fighters that would make top 20 in their divisions, but as I mentioned before the fighters ranked 20-50 in every division are mostly outside of the UFC... The UFC doesn't like signing or keeping around that upper-tier talent that is outside of title contention, as they could provide a tougher road for the UFC to build their prospect on...

#1-20, Bellator has atleast 27 inside of the top 140 guys in the UFC... #20-#50, I would argue Bellator has the tougher fighters on average...

But please continue to be vague and generalize all organizations fighters into large lump groups where only the top 5 reflect on the entire group. Makes you look smart and unbiased :)

Last edited:
1- Pride was never supposed to have worse fighters than UFC. They were clearly the best org at the time.

2- UFC didn't have the lighter classes WEC did, which helped them to have the advantage to hire talent even on some higher divs (but not to the top).

3- Strikeforce had the strongest HW div and paid better cash than UFC to get talent.

Also, UFC was never the consensus #1 on all divs when these orgs were around.

What advantages does Bellator have?

It all depends on matchmaking.

COuld UFC bring a Bellator guy like Koreshkov in and give him favorable matchups which could get him to a 5-0 UFC record? yes.

But if they brought that fighter in and matched him up with a top guy right away he loses.

I think about 10 guys would be staples of the UFC divs, dont know if any win titles but there would be contenders and main card regulars just like WEC and SF.

I don't know who has been saying that.

Many pride fighters came in and won belts.

UFC just took the lighter wec fighters and brought them over so they had no UFC guys to fight.

Umm many of the top UFC ww's were in the WEC including Hendricks.

ROFL

Top 20 fighters in Bellator:

HW - Minakov*, Volkov*, Ivanov, Kongo
LHW - Newton*, Rampage*, Vegh, King Mo, McGeary
MW: Shlemenko*
WW: Lima*, McDonough, Koreshkov, Page
LW: Alvarez*, Chandler*, Brooks*, Jansen
FW: Curran*, Straus*, Pitbull*, Khasbulaev, Weichel
FW: Dantas*, Warren*, Silva, Galvao

Everyone with a * would be top 10 in the UFC.

I like how you say Shlemenko couldn't beat Francis Carmont or Costas Philippou :)

HW: Super shallow division. None of them are top 10
LHW: Also shallow, Rampage would be the highest ranked and he is not top 10 and is from the UFC
MW: Storm is not even top 30
WW: Only Lima is top 20, none are top 10
LW: Alvarez and Brooks .. MAYBE Chandler top 20 .. Alvarez is the only top 10.
FW: Curran Strauss Pitull, with pitbull being the only one I ever see cracking the top 10.
FW: Dantas is the only top 20 and is at the bottom of the top 10. Warren may be close to 20.

Totally agree but you are wasting your time trying to convince those that have been brainwashed by the UFC hype machine.

According to this Bellator has 17 fighters in the top 20. So that is 2.5 per weightclass. Almost none in the top 10. Personally guys like Tito do not belong in the top 20 anymore, so I think this is VERY generous.

So BFC has no top 5 fighters, almost no top 10, and 2-3 top 20 per weightclass. Overall that suggests BFC is vastly inferior. My eyes told me the same thing.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f61/bellator-divisional-rankings-scorecardmma-2690853/

A lot of Bellator fighters are ufc castoffs.

But sure, people like Chandler, Alavarez, Dantas, Brooks would do well

I think the problem is actually that not enough of them are, so few big names are outside the UFC that its very difficult for anyone to build up serious rankings hype and indeed for us to know everyones level for sure.

Part of the reason 155lbs looks so strong in Bellator I'd say is that they actually had Alvarez to give them a lead into the rankings, but for that someone like Chandler or Brooks would be nowhere close to the top 10.

Da Bombers is the poster WW deserves, but not the one it needs right now (due to the season ending)

Da Bombers is def Bellator Fan

Bellator Fan ‏@Bellator_Fan May 25

@JonnyBones can't make a claim to best PFP until he fights and wins in Bellator.
Expand

HW: Super shallow division. None of them are top 10
LHW: Also shallow, Rampage would be the highest ranked and he is not top 10 and is from the UFC
MW: Storm is not even top 30
WW: Only Lima is top 20, none are top 10
LW: Alvarez and Brooks .. MAYBE Chandler top 20 .. Alvarez is the only top 10.
FW: Curran Strauss Pitull, with pitbull being the only one I ever see cracking the top 10.
FW: Dantas is the only top 20 and is at the bottom of the top 10. Warren may be close to 20.

You can rank 19 UFC Welters above Lima? 29 middles above Storm? 19 lightweights above chandler? 19 Bantams above Warren?'

Okay, do it....

Have you looked at the UFC roster before you started talking? No way in hell does anyone outside of the top 10 at MW have a chance against Storm (except Mousasi), no one outside the top10 welters would be a favorite over Lima, putting 9 BWs infront of Dantas is laughable, thinking there is 15 LWs ahead of Chandler is just dumb, etc etc.

Like I said, go ahead and do it...

Try naming me off all the fighters you just hypothetically just placed ahead of those Bellator fighters. I will enjoy watching you try to do so without looking completely biased... Although I dont think you would be able to get yourself to hit submit after seeing the stupid names that you vaguely lumped infront of the Bellator fighters... GJ talking without actually thinking.

Last edited:
They didn't. WEC is probably the 2nd best org of all time.

SF fighters have been hit and miss.

LOL.

Everyone said that only Benson Henderson would have a shot in the UFC LWs, and not a good one... They are now 3 of the top 5 (Strikeforce the other 2, hah).

There were also fans on here for YEARS that claimed Pride fighters would get destroyed in the UFC, regardless of the cross-promotion results. Infact a MAJORITY of fans here in Sherdog held that view, no matter how much you want to act like the post-merger 'change of tone' somehow changes what the views were before it...

And Strikeforce with hit or miss success? Remember the days when SF universally had 1-2 fighters in the top 10-15 in each division? I think to call their success hit-or-miss is to far understate the lack of perceived value that had coming in ("Souza and Melendez and Diaz the only ranking fighters in their division" etc):
HW: Werdum, Silva, Barnett, Overeeem (to be fair we all knew HW was stacked)
LHW: Henderson, Cormier, Cavalcante, St Preux
MW: Souza, Rockhold, Kennedy, Mousasi, Romero
WW: Lawler, Woodley, Diaz, Saffiedine
LW: Melendez, Thompson, Green, Masvidal

A FAR cry from the 1-2 fighters people would claim stood a chance in SF outside of HW, or clam WEC would have at LW... Same shit they say for Bellator now. Surprise, lol.

Last edited:
Ugh this off season stuff is messing up my game. No new material to work with...screw it, see you guys in september or whenever they start up again. Pit fighter Ill check the ppv #s weekly and if you win then just pm me the sig and Ill put it up. Catch up with you guys later.

So youre gonna go into hiding until your sig bet is over.

You can rank 19 UFC Welters above Lima? 29 middles above Storm? 19 lightweights above chandler? 19 Bantams above Warren?'

Okay, do it....

Have you looked at the UFC roster before you started talking? No way in hell does anyone outside of the top 10 at MW have a chance against Storm (except Mousasi), no one outside the top10 welters would be a favorite over Lima, putting 9 BWs infront of Dantas is laughable, thinking there is 15 LWs ahead of Chandler is just dumb, etc etc.

Like I said, go ahead and do it...

Try naming me off all the fighters you just hypothetically just placed ahead of those Bellator fighters. I will enjoy watching you try to do so without looking completely biased... Although I dont think you would be able to get yourself to hit submit after seeing the stupid names that you vaguely lumped infront of the Bellator fighters... GJ talking without actually thinking.

Yoel Romero is ranked 12th in the UFC MW rankings, he would beat Storm easily.

Back