pride, wec, and strikeforce fighters were all supposedly inferior to ufc fighters...

Da Bombers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Yet they dominated once they got into the ufc. Bellator fighters would dominate too but kudos to the ufc hype machine for tricking fans into believing otherwise.

So because WEC or SF fighters do well means everyone would?

Bellator has guys that would do well just like any other org.

A lot of Bellator fighters are ufc castoffs.

But sure, people like Chandler, Alavarez, Dantas, Brooks would do well

No one thought Pride fighters were inferior to UFC fighters, brosef.

No one.

Ugh this off season stuff is messing up my game. No new material to work with...screw it, see you guys in september or whenever they start up again. Pit fighter Ill check the ppv #s weekly and if you win then just pm me the sig and Ill put it up. Catch up with you guys later.

I don't know who has been saying that.

Many pride fighters came in and won belts.

UFC just took the lighter wec fighters and brought them over so they had no UFC guys to fight.

Hector Lombard is a savage animal at welterweight.

Yet they dominated once they got into the ufc. Bellator fighters would dominate too but kudos to the ufc hype machine for tricking fans into believing otherwise.

first off NOBODY ever said PRIDE fighters were inferior. this was the first thing that tipped me off as troll attempt. secondly, only dominant fighters i recall in the UFC since merger are GSP, Anderson, Cain, and Bones. Can't count Barao/ aldo since there were no 135, 145 prior. while this could be construed as troll, i take it as TS being misinformed on the definitions of "dominate" and "victory". Maybe TS has a different judging system. Maybe Condit won every fight (by TS standards) and is the champion...that would classify him as dominant.

so, after thoroughly inspecting this thread, what i originally perceived as a troll attempt, I now find to be a case of a severely misinformed TS trying to spread his slanderous, anti-Dana venom across an internet forum.

UFC just took the lighter wec fighters and brought them over so they had no UFC guys to fight.

At LW, which was considered a strong UFC division, two former WEC fighters have won the belt since the merger.

wait wait ...

"pride ... fighters were all supposedly inferior to ufc fighters"

that's interesting for an external observer, could be Zuffa propaganda supported by US government, CIA, FBI and the italian american mafia.

The difference is that people said than when the WEC's lightweight and heavyweight champs were Benson Henderson and Alistair Overeem.

Eddie Alvarez is the only legitimate UFC title challenger in all of Bellator. Fact.

Curran will never have shit for Aldo. Neither will Straus. Pitbull might never get past Curran so that nixes him right there. Dantas? Dillashaw wouldn't go to the ground with him. Etc.

It's true that WEC lightweights and top guys from Strikeforce weren't considered to be on the same level as top UFC fighters but their success in the UFC has shown otherwise. I think there are close to 20 guys from WEC and SF (not counting anything below LW) who can be ranked in top 15 of their weightclasses.

to my mind,Pride had the better fighters,especially at Heavyweight.

The difference is that people said than when the WEC's lightweight and heavyweight champs were Benson Henderson and Alistair Overeem.

Eddie Alvarez is the only legitimate UFC title challenger in all of Bellator. Fact.

Curran will never have shit for Aldo. Neither will Straus. Pitbull might never get past Curran so that nixes him right there. Dantas? Dillashaw wouldn't go to the ground with him. Etc.

The Reem was Strikeforce and Dream HW champ, not WEC.

WEC had Brian Olsen and James Irvin as HW champs

The Reem was Strikeforce and Dream HW champ, not WEC.

WEC had Brian Olsen and James Irvin as HW champs
Yea I know I had meant to say WEC "and Strikeforce's" but I can't edit posts while on dubs unfortunately.

Back