pride style mma gloves

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
Combat sports had some awhile back so did title mma but now i cant find a trace does anyone know any where to buy some?

CSI and TITLE discontinued those a long time ago. I'm interested in "PRIDE" style gloves too, but it seems the MMA glove designs with laces aren't very popular with manufacturers outside Japan...

Here are a few alternatives if you can find them

F-g05_01.jpg

GloveV3M-1.gif

CSI and TITLE discontinued those a long time ago. I'm interested in "PRIDE" style gloves too, but it seems the MMA glove designs with laces aren't very popular with manufacturers outside Japan...

Here are a few alternatives if you can find them

F-g05_01.jpg

GloveV3M-1.gif

Fighting Road makes my personal favorite Pride Style gloves. By far the most authentic reproduction of the official gloves used in Pride/Dream. However, they are hard to obtain unless you have a connection in Japan (as I don't believe they ship outside of the country).

The V3 gloves are nice, but the 2008 models (which are actually pictured here) were much better in my opinion than what has been produced in the last 2 years. I picked up a pair at the beginning of this year that had sticky feeling leather and the fist padding almost felt like it was a pocket full of air rather than foam. You could press down on it and it slowly reforms itself. Very odd. The '09s just had a very glossy, slightly funny smelling leather but were similar quality to the '08s.

They also switched to a squared off fingertip rather than the rounded style. A couple of years ago, their gloves were awesome. The Bomber 52 Gel Sparring gloves I picked up this year are very nice though. They were supposed to have a new style of Fedor gloves coming out this year, but since M-1 started using Grant for their MMA gloves I guess that fell through.

Last edited by a moderator:
DEEP&PANCRASE OFFICAIL GLOVES PART3 MMA - eBay (item 320597485047 end time Oct-06-10 22:43:33 PDT)

Found this guy selling them on ebay. Not sure how legit it is though. He's also selling K-1 and dream gloves for 400-500 =O
Ridiculous prices, at least for the K-1 gloves. You can use a buying group like Crescent (I've ordered MMA stuff from them in the past from Japan) and pay half the price he's charging for those K-1 gloves. They are only 13,000 Yen or about 155.00 on the K-1 merchandising website.
I saw DREAM gloves at DREAM 14 for 20000 Yen, but those are harder to get.

Last edited:
Ridiculous prices, at lest for the K-1 gloves. You can use a buying group like Crescent (I've ordered MMA stuff from them in the past form Japan) and pay half the price he's charging for those K-1 gloves. They are only 13,000 Yen or about 155.00 on the K-1 merchandising website.
I saw DREAM gloves at DREAM 14 for 20000 Yen, but those are harder to get.

I've never used a buying group before. Any additional info you could share on the subject?

I've never used a buying group before. Any additional info you could share on the subject?
I've used Crescent in the past, but now the company changed and is called Noppin. Some of the buying rules have changed, but basically you sign up and leave them a detailed message with a link to what you want to buy. Or if you want to bid on an auction they have a page that translates the Japanese for you. You pay for the item, plus pay a finder's fee (which is a set rate-the more expensive an item, the larger the finder's fee) and shipping.

I would be totally interested in a group-buy for the Fighting Road gloves, but it seems they're sold out now :(

I would be totally interested in a group-buy for the Fighting Road gloves, but it seems they're sold out now :(

They really are awesome gloves. The only knock on them for me is that glove "malfunctions" are possible as they are "free size" (basically one size fits all) and if you don't have long fingers they may slip out of one of the leather finger loops occasionally. But if you can get a pair, they are top of the line.

Isami MMA Gloves SS-006

Isami, from what I hear, used to produce the earlier versions of the Pride gloves before the current manufacturer was chosen. These ones are black.

Isami MMA Gloves SS-006

Isami, from what I hear, used to produce the earlier versions of the Pride gloves before the current manufacturer was chosen. These ones are black.

The price is decent on that Isami pair (some of their similar gloves are like $150 or more, I think), but the fingers aren't rounded which I hate on Pride style gloves.

I contacted Choke Sports before they added an additional picture giving a better look at the construction of the glove and they told me that was the closest thing Isami offers to the Sengoku/SRC glove. I'd love to pick up a pair of Isami's if they released an SRC copy to the general public.

Those gloves have nice leather, but the construction is flawed. There is virtually no padding in the fingers, which leaves you much more vulnerable to damaging your hand. The padding on the fist is placed almost behind knuckles all together as well.

If they addressed those issues and released a new version, I'd buy it just because the leather is quality and they are comfortable. They have older versions on their site for $20 that don't look as nice but at least appear to be constructed more properly. They are available with or without laces.

Thunder 'Pride Style' Grappling Glove with laces Mixed Martial Arts Gear

Those gloves have nice leather, but the construction is flawed. There is virtually no padding in the fingers, which leaves you much more vulnerable to damaging your hand. The padding on the fist is placed almost behind knuckles all together as well.

If they addressed those issues and released a new version, I'd buy it just because the leather is quality and they are comfortable. They have older versions on their site for $20 that don't look as nice but at least appear to be constructed more properly. They are available with or without laces.

i thought you guys were just looking for some kind of replica you wouldnt be able to use pride style gloves with laces in a u.s. sanctioned match you would have to use fairtex nhb gloves or a knock off that design by a different brand

The price is decent on that Isami pair (some of their similar gloves are like $150 or more, I think), but the fingers aren't rounded which I hate on Pride style gloves.

I contacted Choke Sports before they added an additional picture giving a better look at the construction of the glove and they told me that was the closest thing Isami offers to the Sengoku/SRC glove. I'd love to pick up a pair of Isami's if they released an SRC copy to the general public.
At the Isami store here, they have a pair of brand spankin' new Sengoku gloves hanging on their register. I told the owner that they were beautiful and asked her if they were for sale, but she wouldn't sell them. I saw them on EBAY once for $500.00

Top King has a nice looking PRIDE style glove with neoprene thumb, long rounded fingertips, and a break in the back of the padding. The major differences is that there are no laces and instead of finger loops, there is a finger sleeve much like the Fairtex gloves.

TKGGU_.jpg

Im thinking about buying those for 20 bucks would you say their worth it? i wana use them in my next fight.

Im thinking about buying those for 20 bucks would you say their worth it? i wana use them in my next fight.

I'd say they look like they'd be worth $20, but I had a pair of the newer ones and didn't like them. The construction does look better on the cheaper gloves, though. The padding looks solid, but it's hard to tell just from a photo.

As already mentioned, I don't know that you'd be allowed to use them in a sanctioned fight. I personally like using Pride-style gloves for training.

At the Isami store here, they have a pair of brand spankin' new Sengoku gloves hanging on their register. I told the owner that they were beautiful and asked her if they were for sale, but she wouldn't sell them. I saw them on EBAY once for $500.00

Yeah, there's been a used pair floating around on eBay for a while now. After you mentioned using a buying group, I came across a signed pair on one of the Japanese auction sites. Like I said, I'd love to see Isami come out with a readily available pair modeled after the Sengoku fight gloves.

Back