Pride rules legalized in Colorado

ONE.newgirl.meme
Guycheckingherout.meme
BumminUFC.GF.meme

Gay Pride Rules FTW

9HHazPA.gif

Awesome! Dana, build a new apex and performance institute right next to a weed dispensary. Let's get Nick diaz in there kneeing wrestlers in the head post haste!

Disallowing grounded knees hinders wrestlers, not vice versa.

Gonna see melons stomped clear into Bolivian

giphy.gif

Are Pride rules and One-Championship rules the same?

Damn One doesn’t fuck around.

“We refuse to have an event if you will not allow our athletes to stomp each other’s heads in the ground”

So no elbows to the face then? That's Pride rules.

Soccer kicks & stomps ?

So no elbows?

I was gonna mention that but...

<DCrying>

Fook elbows, in MMA they mostly make cuts anyway, north-south position with knees to da face is what you want baby

<{JustBleed}>

Even soccer kicks?

Worth it just for the stomps

Abd, beyond that, the reason elbows were banned was because of the increased risk of cuts and because throwing a punch from guard opens the puncher up to more risk of being subbed - elbows don't require as much space. Or at least that's the theory

Elbows are already allowed by the SAC, they're just not permitted in that Org.

So now Colorado saying leg strikes to the head of a down opponent is cool means some other org could have elbows+knees, kicks and stomps....

This is a good thing.

This gif has never been more appropriate than now

tumblr_m7dhhzxHUq1r4awwoo1_250.gif

Pride rules:

Skyscraper knees to potentially break someone’s neck?
ALLOWED!

Elbows to a downed opponent?
TOO DANGEROUS! NOT ALLOWED

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
elbows, knees to a down opponent, stomps, and soccer kicks
RedFlakyIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif
I should point out that TS is mistaken and Pride rules are as different from ONE rules as they are from UFC rules (the so called unified MMA rules)

In Pride, Soccer kicks were legal, they are banned in both UFC and ONE
In Pride, Stomps were legal, they are banned in both UFC and ONE
In Pride, elbows to the head were banned, they are allowed in both UFC and ONE
In Pride, the first round was a 10 minute round, both ONE and UFC has three 5 minutes rounds.
In Pride, fights were in a ring, both UFC and ONE has fights in a cage (Although ONE has had events on ring because they also have Muay Thai, Grappling and Kickboxing fights)

In UFC, knees to the head of a grounded opponent are banned, they are allowed in both ONE and Pride
In UFC, fights are judged on a 10-9 system, they are judged "as a whole" in both Pride and ONE.

In ONE, 12 to 6 elbows are allowed, they are banned in both UFC and Pride.
In ONE, those suplex with the guy landing on his head are banned, they are allowed in both Pride and UFC (Romanov did one recently in UFC)
In ONE, fighters are forced to take hydration tests that prevents them from doing extreme weight cuts, Both UFC and Pride allowed extreme weight cuts.

So it's not Pride, It's very different

Last edited:
It's over for the UFC. Colorado FC is where it's at now.

Are Pride rules and One-Championship rules the same?

No

One allows elbows
One allows knees to head anywhere
One allows upkicks
One allows all the rest of stuff in UFC

One doesnt allow stomps, never did.
Doesnt allow soccer kicks anymore
or spiking opponents on their head to my memory.

One is the best there is for now. Their rules against weight cutting are also better
So no elbows?

There is still elbows. ONE has Elbows

ONE has the rules of Pride/UFC but with elbows, full knees to head and upkicks. Stomps and soccer kicks to a downed opponent head are banned. But you can soccer kick someone if you are also down as well
Soccer kicks & stomps ?

No.

Knees anywhere
Elbows
Upkicks
Etc all allowed

I should point out that TS is mistaken and Pride rules are as different from ONE rules as they are from UFC rules (the so called unified MMA rules)

In Pride, Soccer kicks were legal, they are banned in both UFC and ONE
In Pride, Stomps were legal, they are banned in both UFC and ONE
In Pride, elbows to the head were banned, they are allowed in both UFC and ONE
In Pride, the first round was a 10 minute round, both ONE and UFC has three 5 minutes rounds.
In Pride, fights were in a ring, both UFC and ONE has fights in a cage (Although ONE has had events on ring because they also have Muay Thai, Grappling and Kickboxing fights)

In UFC, knees to the head of a grounded opponent are banned, they are allowed in both ONE and Pride
In UFC, fights are judged on a 10-9 system, they are judged "as a whole" in both Pride and ONE.

In ONE, 12 to 6 elbows are allowed, they are banned in both UFC and Pride.
In ONE, those suplex with the guy landing on his head are banned, they are allowed in both Pride and UFC (Romanov did one recently in UFC)
In ONE, fighters are forced to take hydration tests that prevents them from doing extreme weight cuts, Both UFC and Pride allowed extreme weight cuts.

So it's not Pride, It's very different

Its better than PRIDE

But the Just Bleed fan in me wants soccer kicks, stomps, spiking, and headbutss and groin kicks lile early Pride

Now it's a legit combat sport. Hope these desperation wrestlers like Conor are ready to get their heads booted up over the rockies like Uncle Rico throws a football. About time.

No

One allows elbows
One allows knees to head anywhere
One allows upkicks
One allows all the rest of stuff in UFC

One doesnt allow stomps, never did.
Doesnt allow soccer kicks anymore
or spiking opponents on their head to my memory.

One is the best there is for now. Their rules against weight cutting are also better

There is still elbows. ONE has Elbows

ONE has the rules of Pride/UFC but with elbows, full knees to head and upkicks. Stomps and soccer kicks to a downed opponent head are banned. But you can soccer kick someone if you are also down as well

No.

Knees anywhere
Elbows
Upkicks
Etc all allowed

Its better than PRIDE

But the Just Bleed fan in me wants soccer kicks, stomps, spiking, and headbutss and groin kicks lile early Pride
Actually, I don't think ONE allows upkicks while grounded anymore. I saw a fight where a dude got a warning for landing one while pushing the other guy away from the guard. I think they banned them when they banned soccer kicks some years ago.

What you want is Rizin rules. They allow Upkicks, Soccer Kicks, Stomps, Spiking and everyting else ONE/Pride allows. The only thing that are banned are headbutts which would lead to early stoppages through cuts and also a lot of CTE cases and groin kicks which would lead to no babies. But come on, close enough, right? :)

Sadly I don't think UFC will take advantage of this development.

Oh shit. I never expected this to hit the states.

This changes everything! No more position over submission safety bull crap!
No more stalling with the head between the legs!

Actually, I don't think ONE allows upkicks while grounded anymore. I saw a fight where a dude got a warning for landing one while pushing the other guy away from the guard. I think they banned them when they banned soccer kicks some years ago.

What you want is Rizin rules. They allow Upkicks, Soccer Kicks, Stomps, Spiking and everyting else ONE/Pride allows. The only thing that are banned are headbutts which would lead to early stoppages through cuts and also a lot of CTE cases and groin kicks which would lead to no babies. But come on, close enough, right? :)

Can you check? Why would ONE ban Upkicks? They are literally not damaging at all really. You are fighting against gravity. Also doesnt ONE allow using your heel to slam onto slmeone if you are grounded as well? Imagine 2 opponents lying down and 1 uses his heel

Its legal I checked

Upkicks are legal to body, and anywhere but the head of a downed opponent :(

Upkicks legal to a non downed opponent

12-6 elbows legal
Knees to head legal

https://combatsportslaw.com/2021/07/27/full-colorado-approved-one-championship-global-ruleset/

Colorado is to PRIDE as California is to the UFC.

Back