PRIDE rules have been approved in Colorado

Thats cool. Be interesting to see how they do with an event in US. Figure you put Eddie, Sage and DJ on the card. Not sure the card will sell many tickets but think this could be them trying to do more US events to get a better tv deal. Sounds like both One and PFL TV deals are coming up soon.
Both end their TV deals this year. I think ONE might get a contract renewal, particularly considering that they can hold live events in Colorado now. PFL is a different story, though. I dont think ESPN is renewing and if that is the case, then they are probably folding soon.

They wont. Personally dont think stomps or soccer kicks are needed but unified rules with grounded knees would be the perfect ruleset for me but I dont see the commissions doing it so we wont be seeing it in UFC or Bellator.

They really are a game changer though.
Full Pride rules plus elbows lead to the most exciting fight, IMO. But adding the knees to a downed opponent is a huge game changer. It forces less empty take down attempts and opens up a lot of attacks for strikers.

so what does the commission want panic wrestlers to do then?

No soccer kicks in ONE anymore. Not PRIDE rules.

Still cool though.

Colorado commission is notriously lax and if you pay them, you can get anything approved, compared to the other commissions. No surprise this happened in Colorado but doubt it gets approved anywhere else in America in the near future.

I like Pride rules and have always thought that Indian reservations would be the avenue for shows to use them. They basically function as there own country.

Back