Pride rampage vs pride reem

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Here's a fight I think would have been interesting. As well as wandy vs reem. How would these matchups have played out let's say circa 2005.

Rampage via decapitation

Page was an elite contender at that time, Reem was more of a gatekeeper for the elite of the division

At LHW, Overeem was only good for about 3 minutes unless he was fighting a scrub. Rampage is durable enough to absorb whatever Overeem dished out then finish him. I'd give Overeem a small chance at finishing Rampage in the clinch, though. Eating knees in the clinch was a weakness for Jackson.

If Reem had a decent chin he would be GOAT HW.

But realistically every fight with him and a decent opponent is 50/50.

Would have been a great fight. I may take Rampage because of his chin and the bombs he threw. Pride Overeem was an exciting fighter though. Possible he catches Rampage with a knee.

Overeem's on the right

giphy.gif

Rampage would TKO Overeem when it got past the 5-6 minute mark, Pride Overeem at 205 would always get tired real quick. He was always on the offensive though so it would have been an intense first round.

Rampage probably overwhelms him after facing some adversity early on.

Having said that, I do believe in Quinton's ability to get stuck in the clinch and headbutt knees.

Rampage was just too tough in them days for The Demolition Man. Would be a hell of a fun fight while it lasted though.

Well if Pride Overeem had beaten Pride Chuck it would have happened.
Pride Rampage beat Pride Chuck easily after Pride Chuck beat Pride Overeem.

And then of course Pride Wanderlei nearly killed Pride Rampage.

At LHW, Overeem was only good for about 3 minutes unless he was fighting a scrub. Rampage is durable enough to absorb whatever Overeem dished out then finish him. I'd give Overeem a small chance at finishing Rampage in the clinch, though. Eating knees in the clinch was a weakness for Jackson.

Not really a weakness. He was great at it.

Wanderlei KO'd Rampage twice in Pride with knees.

I say Overeem dusts him.

I think Rampage would have knocked him out in Rd 1, but it could have gone the other way.

Wanderlei KO'd Rampage twice in Pride with knees.

I say Overeem dusts him.
Lmao terrible analogy. Prime Pride Wand was a fucking monster with brutal knees. Pride, skinny, no heart Reem was nothing like him....he would have gotten brutalized.

At LHW, Overeem was only good for about 3 minutes unless he was fighting a scrub. .
Interestin´...

Vitor Gracie., Igor, Atajev or Kochkine confirmed 'scrubs' now...

Back