PRIDE grand prix 2005 semi finals

Why discuss this almost 7 years later?

Oh and Forrest was robbed in the first Tito fight...

Come on...This is what I'm talking about. Shogun x Overeem was 1) more intense paced fight 2) happened AFTER Arona x Wandy.

Arona x Wandy was literally circle, circle, weak inside leg kick and takedown. That's his style, and generally when you have your way, you don't get tired.

I dont get youre last paragraph you keep on reiterating it. How the F do you know that oy dont get tired when you kick some one ass.

I have it on good authority you do. In fact I know you do, I have trained for like 4-5 years, when I push hard I get tired when I go 60% I dont.

Winning or losing does not determine youre level of conditioning or the pace you set.

I remeber after the grand prix arona was out for a while supposedly trying to find himself and train in new ways, Cardio was at the heart of that. He came back after like 1-2 yeas thinking he was about to do work and then get ktfod by sukjudo.

Arona=great fighter with no gast tank.

however Shogun still ruined his world.

Shogun's run in 2005 is widely considered as one of the top achievement of all time in MMA.
Only JBJ in 2012 can eventually be mentioned in the same sentence, but it's so different.

I've never seen anyone here disrespecting what Shogun did that night and saying that Arona was tired is just the truth, but that doesn't take anything away from Shogun's performance.

You need glasses.

Its sherdog, don't believe the bullshit!!!!

Fact Wanderlei tried to defeat Arona. Why? Because Wanderlei tried to defeat and/or kill anyone at anytime.

Shogun took more punishment from Overeem then Arona did from Wanderlei.

Shogun defeated Arona.

Plain & simple.

I dont think that many people discredit his run, i havent really read much negativity about it.

I've never heard anyone discredit Shogun's GP run.

What nonsense. You must have dug deep to find these people that ''discredit'' Shoguns GP run because this board consists of 99.9% Shogun nuthuggers. So congrats on your horrible thread.

Shogun gets bashed ALOT on this board and you know that's a fact. On other message boards, he gets very little hate though.

And TC I agree. The occasional idiot will say things like that once in a while but overall his GP does not get discredited, simply because it can't. The occasional idiot who tries to speak up will be dealt with accordingly.

Even if people actually did discredit Shogun's win.... that's the nature of fighting multiple times on the same night... that's why it's a hate it or love it system that doesn't happen at the top level anymore.

I've honestly never seen someone discredit Shogun's GP win

who said?? screen names please?

so stating a fact like the arona/wand fight went the distance and that shogun/overeem didnt is discrediting shoguns wins? really? you're thinking to much into it

If anything they blow it out of proportion.

If anything they blow it out of proportion.

No, they do not.

I can go into a big ass explanation on why it is the best run in mma history(yes over Jones) but I will only do it if the time calls for it.

I haven't heard anyone discredit his win. Grand Prix 2005 was the best MMA I've ever seen.

There it is.

Shogun x Overeem had more intense paced grappling and striking than Arona and Wandy starring at each other for 10 mins exchanging weak inside leg kicks.

your reaching, ive never heard anyone discredit the win, even the poster you quoted was not discrediting shogun

TS was desperate to start his very own thread. This is the sad result.

Back