Pride Final Conflict 2005

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Pride Final Conflict 2005 happened 10 years and 2 days ago.

This event featured the most anticipated heavyweight title fight in history: Fedor Emelianenko and Mirko Cro Cop.

It was also the final round of the 2005 Middleweight Tournament. The winner of Alistar Overeem vs Mauricio Shogun would face the winner of Ricardo Arona vs Wanderlei Silva later that night.

Rumors were that if Shogun and Wand faced in the finals, the fans would more likely see a grappling match (if anyone remembers this rumor).

Yes noticed this two days ago, especially since my BD is Aug 29..

10 years ago ... How times flies..
It was a good B present back then

Best tourney and group of fighters to ever enter a 16 man event.

Nawh, I don't remember that.

I do remember Shogun stating if that they met in the finals they were going to throw down.

Already a thread on this.

Do search forum before post.

Ban TS.

Ah yes, I remember watching this live. Crazy that some of these guys are still active, especially Shogun who's been top 10 every year since that.

f9yM4xe.jpg

One of the greatest events ever. Fedor-Crocop is such a huge moment. I've always felt that the fight, itself, is a bit overrated, but it's still one of the coolest fights to watch because of the magnitude. It's definitely the Ali-Frazier 1 ("Fight of the Century") of mma. And that first round was the most INTENSE round. I have never felt so nervous (and I wasnt even really pulling for either guy).

One of the greatest events ever. Fedor-Crocop is such a huge moment. I've always felt that the fight, itself, is a bit overrated, but it's still one of the coolest fights to watch because of the magnitude. It's definitely the Ali-Frazier 1 ("Fight of the Century") of mma. And that first round was the most INTENSE round. I have never felt so nervous (and I wasnt even really pulling for either guy).

It's crazy to think that if CC took his LHK just 3 inches down...just 3 inches...we might have a different MMA landscape.

Matter o' fact, just watching Fedor vs. Cro-Cop. I didn't recall this but Cro-Cop had quite a lot of success in the first round and certainly did better over the first 10 minutes than Fedor. In the second he was visibly winded. Better cardio could reasonably have won him that fight. Great cornering for Fedor. He was obviously tired too but he was determined to keep pushing the pace. It worked out well.

What a great event all around.

Great shit. I should re-watch it soon.

Back