Pride fights that never happened...

Sakuraba vs Rickson
Healthy Fujita vs Coleman in 2000 GP
Royce vs Ken Shamrock
Yvel vs Wand (it happened but neither got going)
Gomi vs Wand (around the time of the Open Weight GP, Gomi's name was being thrown around)
Rutten vs Wand (Pride tried to make this fight)
Rutten vs Rickson (also rumored)
Liddell vs Wand (in GP)

Always wanted to see Igor and Wand throw down myself. Would of been magical.

Sakuraba vs Rickson
Healthy Fujita vs Coleman in 2000 GP
Royce vs Ken Shamrock
Yvel vs Wand (it happened but neither got going)
Gomi vs Wand (around the time of the Open Weight GP, Gomi's name was being thrown around)
Rutten vs Wand (Pride tried to make this fight)
Rutten vs Rickson (also rumored)
Liddell vs Wand (in GP)

Always wanted to see Igor and Wand throw down myself. Would of been magical.

I really hope Gomi didn't believe that Krazy Horse story.

At that time, no doubt Wand would of won but Gomi would of made it interesting. He was huge for his weight class and had good power and speed. Add in an iron chin and a willingness to bang and you have a dangerous fighter. And knowing how Wand almost always got dropped at some point in most of his fights, I defiantly think Gomi would of hurt Wand and could potentiality get a stoppage with his speed.

At that time, no doubt Wand would of won but Gomi would of made it interesting. He was huge for his weight class and had good power and speed. Add in an iron chin and a willingness to bang and you have a dangerous fighter. And knowing how Wand almost always got dropped at some point in most of his fights, I defiantly think Gomi would of hurt Wand and could potentiality get a stoppage with his speed.

You're talking about a guy getting dropped by people like page, hunt, and mirko though. Wand was huge back in the day, probably walked about 225 precut so he would have a huge size advantage even if the height wasn't a big difference.

You're talking about a guy getting dropped by people like page, hunt, and mirko though. Wand was huge back in the day, probably walked about 225 precut so he would have a huge size advantage even if the height wasn't a big difference.

Here are the list of fighters I can think of that have dropped Wand besides the ones you mentioned:

Tito
Hendo 1
Sakuraba 1
Oyama

All of those fighters are smaller than him with the exception of Tito, who was about the same weight. He won most of those fights but his ultra aggressive style left him open many times and plenty of fighters dropped him that shouldn't of, like Saku and Oyama. Gomi is a better striker and faster than all those I mentioned, and has more power than everyone besides Hendo. Like I said, Wand would win but Gomi would drop him.

Gomi is a better striker and faster than all those I mentioned, and has more power than everyone besides Hendo. Like I said, Wand would win but Gomi would drop him.

I mean it's not like a 230 lbs tito hits like a girl lol same with saku. He has shit looking technique but he threw bombs and hurt people. It's just my opinion though, I think it would be a very one sided affair especially given the people wand was fighting and beating at the time. Who's to say gomi doesn't go out there and treat him like tyson griffin, the world will never know unfortunately.

Andy Silva vs Mauricio Rua would have been damn good!! or a Gracie vs Gracie any one of them to decide family superiority.

Does anyone thing Royce would have had much of a chance against Kerr?

He'd be the underdog...but his win over Severn (and Ken and Kimo) provides a meaningful precedent.

Kerr was stronger and better at using his head as a weapon if he was in someone's guard...

But I can imagine Royce sinking in some kind of sub.

Last edited:
He'd be the underdog...but his win over Severn (and Ken and Kimo) provides a meaningful precedent.

Kerr was stronger and better at using his head at a weapon if he was in someone's guard...

But I can imagine Royce sinking in some kind of sub.

I see it as Royce getting knocked/pushed down and luring Kerr into a 1-2 upkick from which Kerr goes out cold and Royce then gets up while stepping on Kerr's limp neck and then celebrates with his extended family as the PRIDE music plays

By the way the fight I always wanted to see was Frank Shamrock vs Sakuraba (has been mentioned already) and also Taktarov vs Arona

Igor Vovchanchyn vs. Wanderlei Silva.
Igor Vovchanchyn vs. Fedor (bit pointless but it kinda should have happened).

Yeah Rickson v Saku and Frank Shamrock v Saku at the time would have been huge

Rickson v Bas Rutten at the time also would have been big

Anderson Silva vs Quinton Jackson in the Pride era would've been fantastic. Especially if the two traded hands early in the fight. Would've been a treat for fans everywhere imo.

Back