Pride fighting unofficial controversial thread

I miss all the baby crawling back to reset in the middle. Also all of the glove issues that stopped the fights constantly. Fights that were called for Japanese fighters under Moon rules (aka bullshit). Fighters using the ropes to stomp away on downed fighters to get a win. Fighters falling outside of the ropes, because by God, ropes = better MMA.
Yeah,..The fence is so much better... Fitch, Couture etc...

tellme.jpg

Pride vs UFC explained in a gif:
f1ighu.jpg

The most enjoyable part of this fight was seeing Dana get salty as fuck.

Dude, I just watched that fight on one of my PRIDE legacy collections the other day... was berried on the card but that was a true rivalry! BTT vs Chute Boxe was some real shit.

Sperry Ninja
Arona Ninja
Prime Filho vs Ninja
Arona Wand I & II
Shogun Arona
Shogun vs Lil Nog

Those are just the big names... If you got to follow some of the local Brazilian events at the time, the rivalry was pure madness.

2EF58F3D-ED7D-4B58-AAF2-809B0498AEB1.jpeg

VS

chute_boxe.jpg

Was watching Sapp-Nogueira again the other day, it's still hard to believe the piledriver doesn't even faze Nog. Dude's just a beast of a human being.

DqUrUVw.gif

War Pride. War Big Nog.

Was watching Sapp-Nogueira again the other day, it's still hard to believe the piledriver doesn't even faze Nog. Dude's just a beast of a human being.

DqUrUVw.gif

War Pride. War Big Nog.
Nog was a warrior! Pride was on a different level

Don’t forget the better glove design that helps stop people from eye poking!

Ya, when the gloves are coming off every few minutes and stops the actions, it really stops eyepoking and everything else (the fight) from happening.

This is how you build the biggest fight ever.

Take note UFC-WME.

Pride Forever.

If it was so great why did it die?

Gono is the perfect example of the glove issues repeatedly through his fights.

Please tell me about fighters falling out of a UFC cage please.

Buddy of mine actually fell out of the cage and landed on top of his opponent during a regional mma fight because they forgot to lock the door. Was nuts.

Ya, when the gloves are coming off every few minutes and stops the actions, it really stops eyepoking and everything else (the fight) from happening.
How is that any worse than fighters getting their eyes damaged and affecting the outcome of fights? Look at Cormier vs Stipe.

Gono is the perfect example of the glove issues repeatedly through his fights.

Please tell me about fighters falling out of a UFC cage please.
For real, if you like 'fence work' as an essential skillset for MMA Evolution, it´s sad indeed.

You´re talking about gloves problems? What about UFC´s EYE POKES ? lmao

And what about the yellow cards compared to UFC´s multiple and eternal """"" warnings"""""""" for eyepokes or whatever?

You want some dudes falling out of the ring? help yourself:

out.gif

Last edited:
Back