PRIDE Fighters did great in the UFC

Combined UFC record of people that actually count, who you think did well,
47-40-1

64-42-1 if you count Anderson Silva, which is a ridiculous notion.

I left out the ones at the end that even you admit did poorly

8-2 Werdum

PRIDE fighters did just fine, anyone saying otherwise is either new to MMA and/or retarded.

They were the bigger better org. Did you think Sylvia was legit way better than pride hws or something?

You guys are idiots. This is literally like a thread in 10 years trying to make a case for 'UFC fighters' (wtevr the hell that is) actually doing well in Bellator. I mean, they are the bigger better org, where's the surprise?

Honestly everyone declined. People just didn't notice the decline of the UFC's biggest stars as much, because those UFC stars were replaced by newer, younger, stars. Since Pride died 8 yrs ago, theres no possibility of them being replaced by new younger Pride stars. Most of the UFC's best fighters during the Pride era are irrelevant in 2015, heck, a lot of the UFC's best fighters became irrelevant within a couple yrs of Pride collapsing. Its the nature of MMA, its actually very few who stay top 10 for their entire career. Top 10 from yr to yr has very few mainstays

They did fine once the dust settled. They didn't live up to the initial hype though. Pride was often looked at as being 10 levels ahead of the UFC in terms of talent back then. They came over and looked rather average in comparison to the hype they recieved.

Rampage was the one guy that came over and made an immediate impact. The rest took a while to adjust. Some got over the hump(Shogun), some never did(Cro Cop).

They were supposed to take over, and show the world how superior Pride was, and it didn't work out that way. They did fine though. Their failure is just as overblown as their success.

They did fine once the dust settled. They didn't live up to the initial hype though. Pride was often looked at as being 10 levels ahead of the UFC in terms of talent back then. They came over and looked rather average in comparison to the hype they recieved.

Rampage was the one guy that came over and made an immediate impact. The rest took a while to adjust. Some got over the hump(Shogun), some never did(Cro Cop).

They were supposed to take over, and show the world how superior Pride was, and it didn't work out that way. They did fine though. Their failure is just as overblown as their success.

Well Pride wasn't that much better, but it was better.

I respect contemporary UFC fighters too.

So Sherdoggers allways thought that the nr. 1 organisation is the only place where top fighters fight?

I'm all for co-promotional fights.

I want to see how top HWs from other promotions would do vs the old UFC HWs today. I'm pretty sure we might see many surprises.

But all those guys were brutally KOd and dominated. So was fedor....by even a MW. Before coming over, even Herring was supposed to dominate the HWs. Then came Cro Cop, who was said that he would rule the UFC for years to come. So, according to the pride fanboys, the former Pride fighters fell flat on their faces, by their standards. The truth is....most were exposed as being good or below average Fighters.

Most former Pride guys did good until the last few years. MMA fighters have a short shelf life. Many more former Pride fighters are still more relevant today than their UFC counterparts from the same era.

Even Nog who looked slow and worn down had a good start to his UFC career. He went 3-1 with big wins over Tim and Couture. The longer a fighter goes on the more likely they will lose as wear and tear and time catch up with them.

Also a guy like Dan Henderson went 6-2 in his first 8 UFC fights while losing to only former Pride fighters. Look at his UFC record now and it is 8-7. Well, he is 45 years old and has been fighting since the 90's....of course he isn't going to win like he used to. He could leave the UFC and and go lose in Bellator a ton because he isn't in his prime anymore. It wouldn't mean that he is not a legend of the sport and that Bellator fighters are better than Pride/UFC fighters. It would just mean that his prime has obviously passed.

The only one that came over and failed right away (that wasn't already faltering) was Cro Cop. Guess what though? Plenty of UFC guys from his era were faltering at the same time like Chuck (lost 5 of his last 6), Hughes, Pulver, Tim, Tito etc.

Cro Cop actually reminded me of Liddell. Once Gonzaga took out Cro Crop (and Rampage took out Liddell) both were never the same and had chin problems.

Last edited:
Back