Pride bouts that was scheduled but got canceled

Rampage ducked Kharitonov in 2006 and then ran to WFA.

Coleman vs Fujita in a not fixed fight would have been cool

Rickson didn't want any part of an ass whipping from Saku

Rampage ducked Kharitonov in 2006 and then ran to WFA.

Coleman vs Fujita in a not fixed fight would have been cool

Rickson didn't want any part of an ass whipping from Saku

Also Bigfoot Silva was suppose to fight Aleksander Emelianenko, so i guess that is why Kharitonov vs Aleksander happened.

or how about James Thompson vs Wes Sims :D
Minowa - Sims ... Butterbean - Sims
Takayama - Sims
Fujita - Sims! We were robbed of all the possible great matchups and a lot of times he was in their corners in Japan be it NYBA, or Randleman and Coleman.

Butternean hunt!! Never knew this was scheduled. Would have been fun
Butterbean was planning to fight Ernesto Hoost in K1 but apparently his team looked into Hoost and said no... But big aggressive Sapp did well against Hoost why not big aggressive BUTTERBEAN!!!

Sakuraba was suppose to face Dan Henderson but it was Wanderlei Silva who went against Hendo instead in their first tussle.

As you all know, they kept trying to make a Sakuraba-Tamura super fight which didn't come off until much, much later.

I remember Big Van Vader was rumored to fight in Pride Bushido way back in the day.
Would've liked to have seen Vader in PRIDE after he left WWF. They had a pretty good stable of freak show fighters. Giant Silva, Butterbean, Henry Miller, James Thompson, Takayama, Minowaman

I remember them rescheduling Gilbert Yvel vs Wanderlei after the first fight ended in a nut shot really early. Never happened though.

Pride Shockwave 2004 was originally supposed to have Gracie / Yoshida 3. Not sure why it never took place but it was definitely interesting to see Rulon Gardner in there. I would’ve loved to have seen Rulon Gardner in a couple more fights

wsi-imageoptim-Pride2007GP2.jpg

Back