Previous Sponsership Money

BBMN

Pancakes?!
@red
Reaction score
So what did fighters typically get in sponsorship money before the Reebok deal was implemented?

How much for an unknown guy just getting in?

How much for a well known name like Rashad or Anderson or GSP?

I always thought it was in the range of 10-50k depending on who the fighter was, and who the sponsors were. But I have no actual numbers to back up my estimate.

Last edited:
Wow. Is there anyone else saying this too? If true, I would hope very new guys would get at least 10-20k. And I assume top 10 names would be getting well past 100k.

They can still have all of the sponsors who want them for their own brand. Turns out that most never cared about them and only wanted access to the UFC's brand and the octagon. That isn't something the fighters can offer any longer.

It died alot from my understanding when they started the sponsorship tax.

Otherwise guys would be getting like 20k and up .

You have guys like Schaub who have podcasts and is a hw who were making 3x as much in sponsorships then from the ufc.

People like gsp and anderson were probably making millions.

Now while u can keep your sponsors,you cant walk out with them or wear them on ufc programs.

I don't think there is a full accounting of how much fighters have lost because it was not a static or well documented thing before. I'm sure there was lots of turnover depending on a fighters success or failure and lots of deadbeat sponsors too. I'm sure most guys have lost anywhere from some to a lot. They will have to work harder on promoting themselves going forward so they can get outside sponsorship through endorsements.

Back