Preview: Fairtex Tight Fit Breathable Boxing Gloves and Double Padded Shin Guards

Sally

White Belt
Reaction score
It's been very difficult for me to find gloves and shin pads that fit but I've finally succeeded. Fairtex Tight Fit Breathable boxing gloves (16oz) $66.95 and Fairtex In Step Double Padded Protectors (size small) $53.95 from www.muaythai-fighting.com
Reviews coming soon to Breaking Muscle.

Excuse the unintentional resting bitch face in below photo.

My measurements:
5'0, 106 lbs

Hand width: 3.25inches
Hand height: 6.5 inches
Wrist circumference: 6 inches
Forearm length: 9 inches
Shin length: 11 inches
Calf circumference: 13.5 inches
Foot size: 6

Gloves
Cuff circumference: 12 inches
Cuff height: 3.5 inches
Glove height: 8 inches
Glove width (top): 6.5 inches
Fastening strap: 10 inches
Thumb attached with strap
Mesh palm

Shin Pads
Instep: 5 inches
Shin Pad length: 12 inches
Shin Pad width (rounded top): 8 inches
Fastening strap: 13.5 inches

Fairtex+s.jpg

Fairtex+set.jpg

How is the fit of the gloves different than the regular version? My girlfriend has the same shin length as you and top king small, old boon, and twins small all fit her well.

P.S. You post the review directly on here...

My buddy recently bought those shinguards. He's having slippage issues, but it is probably due to them not being broken in yet. My Fairtex (non loop version) slipped a bit in the beginning, but after hours of sweat sweat sweat, I absolutely love them.

Good work including measurements. Look forward to the full review.

Sally that face is awesome! Btw are the shin guards synthetic? I have fairtex as well and mine are synthetic but look completely different ill have to check out the model number

I haven't tried Twins, Top King or Boon. I've tried Cageside and they were huge. I've seen people with Twins and they look too fat for my liking. I prefer a streamlined looking shin pad. Same with Twins gloves. They look like Stay Puft marshmallow mittens.

My shin pads are synthetic and I don't like that because I feel like they're going to crack eventually. The gloves are leather. They feel smaller than any other glove I've had and lighter. I prefer Fairtex overall although I do have a pair of 10oz Twins that I bought about 6 years ago for a kickboxing class I was taking that was all padwork and technique.

hmm weird my synthetic guards different model obviously show 0 signs of use despite me throwing hard rounds on them.

So far Boon is the most impressive Thai glove Ive used right behind it is Windy.

I haven't tried Twins, Top King or Boon. I've tried Cageside and they were huge. I've seen people with Twins and they look too fat for my liking. I prefer a streamlined looking shin pad. Same with Twins gloves. They look like Stay Puft marshmallow mittens.

My shin pads are synthetic and I don't like that because I feel like they're going to crack eventually. The gloves are leather. They feel smaller than any other glove I've had and lighter. I prefer Fairtex overall although I do have a pair of 10oz Twins that I bought about 6 years ago for a kickboxing class I was taking that was all padwork and technique.

Fairtex shin-guards last years on the legs of professionals. They are going to outlast most of your gear if you take care of them.

I would wear them if they made them longer.

I've seen people with Twins and they look too fat for my liking. I prefer a streamlined looking shin pad.

You can always consider the Twins competition model shinguards. It's what I use now and I really like them. They're very reminiscent of Fairtex's old leather professional model shinguards (what I used prior to my Twins).

Fairtex shin-guards last years on the legs of professionals. They are going to outlast most of your gear if you take care of them.

I would wear them if they made them longer.

Fairtex shin guards are great, I ha the same ones you have, the sp3 I believe for a long time and they were still like new. I have the sp5 now and they are awesome. I actually got the fairtex sp5 and some top kings. The top kings are nice but the fairtex is what I normally use, they will be going to Thailand with me this winter.

I doubt I will ever wear these out. I don't train muay thai very much, I just have my boyfriend giving me private lessons with some sparring at this point but I wanted good gear to protect him from my massive power.

Back