Social Pretty sure my Cousin ghosted my mom and I over a 100$

JoshTehV

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My cousin who is the sister of my cousin who commutes suicide in September recently called my mom up out of the blue with some sob story about her wallet and stuff getting stolen but her not having any money or some bullshit along those lines. My mom sent her a 100 and shes been ghosting my mom and I since. Plus I got her on Instagram and she looks like she’s always having a good time drinking smoking etc. I think she was being just to get some more spending money cus the story doesn’t add up to me. My mom didn’t even care if she paid her back but my cousin insisted She pay my mom back

I don’t know if this makes a difference but my cousin who passed and this cousin had two mutual bestfreidns they hung out with everyday but now they don’t because they started telling everybody how shady my cousin was after he passed and then this happens so I’m kind of thinking they probably knew my cousins better than i

any other sherbros have scummy moments with blood related family members?

Second best hundred bucks your mom ever spent.

Even mentions Instagram in OP. Still no pics

Sometimes family members are not a positive influence in our life, I usually stick more with friends, just because we are blood doesn't mean we have to have a relationship.

"my cousin who commutes suicide" thats messed up dude!

my sisters bf was a piece of shiiit
moved in with her and my dad, paid no rent, borrowed $800 and never paid it back

years later i found out he has cancer
now i know he wont pay it back

Sister of your cousin? Wouldn’t that make it your... cousin?

my sisters bf was a piece of shiiit
moved in with her and my dad, paid no rent, borrowed $800 and never paid it back

years later i found out he has cancer
now i know he wont pay it back

that sucks

I've had several friends ghost me over the span of my life because of money. I've always looked at it as an easy way to weed out the fake friends.

Girl I went to school with, as well as her baby daddy, randomly started messaging my ex one day asking to borrow money. Claiming they were just behind on the bills, would pay back, had to buy the newborn diapers etc.

My ex was a really nice person that some people would try to exploit.

She was thinking about lending them some money and I said no, you're not. They're drug addicts. Trust me.

She didn't want to believe it and thought they were just genuinely struggling at the moment. But couldnt believe those good people were addicted to drugs. I put my foot down and said you arent giving them a single dollar and she listened.

A few months later, the guy is dead(overdose) and the girl is in rehab and has lost custody of her newborn.

I had let a close friend of mine borrow a decent amount of money to catch up on his bills because he had lost his job last year.

A few months after I let him borrow it, I see he's on vacation in Mexico... I called him a week after he came back and asked him if he was caught up on his bills. He said not quite. I asked him straight up how was he able to go on vacation when he owed me money (I had told him to take his time paying me back. But really? on vacation) He said his girl had paid for it. A week later he paid me half of what he owed.

He still hasn't paid the rest. But I'm gonna let it go and just write him off as a friend. He's a bit selfish and he only calls me when he needs help. Or talk about his shitty girlfriend and cry because she keeps cheating on him.

I've known him for about 17yrs. And the last 3yrs that's basically all he calls me for. I'd be willing to listen if he actually wanted to hang out like we used to. But everytime it's always about his problems.

Just last week, he called me because he needed me to piss in a cup so he can get a new job. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that. But apparently I got Corona virus or something last week (probably just the flu) I was really sick and had a fever and this fucker has the balls to ask (after I told him I was in bed sick) if I could still meet him for the drug test. I told him I couldn't. He never replied back. So he probably got mad.

Some people you just gotta cut off from your life.

Cost you $100 to get her out of your life, you got off cheap. Money well spent.

Oh boy. I have a lot of people who took money from me and ghosted. One of them was a friend who got a job opportunity abroad and hit me for a large amount of cash and then left the country 3 days later. That's it. Completely unreachable.

He knew in advance that he's leaving and doesn't mention it cause I might not lend him the money. A mutual acquaintance then let's me know 4 days later that he's in another country where his relative had lined up a job for him. This was well planned out in advance.

This type of shit has really changed me a lot when it comes to money. I don't give any to anyone anymore, friends or relatives.

Yeah my brother screwed me over probably like 15k or something. Stung for a while but what do you do. I wish the story ended there but his problems got worse and he’s in a really bad way now unfortunately.

I had let a close friend of mine borrow a decent amount of money to catch up on his bills because he had lost his job last year.

A few months after I let him borrow it, I see he's on vacation in Mexico... I called him a week after he came back and asked him if he was caught up on his bills. He said not quite. I asked him straight up how was he able to go on vacation when he owed me money (I had told him to take his time paying me back. But really? on vacation) He said his girl had paid for it. A week later he paid me half of what he owed.

He still hasn't paid the rest. But I'm gonna let it go and just write him off as a friend. He's a bit selfish and he only calls me when he needs help. Or talk about his shitty girlfriend and cry because she keeps cheating on him.

I've known him for about 17yrs. And the last 3yrs that's basically all he calls me for. I'd be willing to listen if he actually wanted to hang out like we used to. But everytime it's always about his problems.

Just last week, he called me because he needed me to piss in a cup so he can get a new job. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that. But apparently I got Corona virus or something last week (probably just the flu) I was really sick and had a fever and this fucker has the balls to ask (after I told him I was in bed sick) if I could still meet him for the drug test. I told him I couldn't. He never replied back. So he probably got mad.

Some people you just gotta cut off from your life.

Yup, sometimes it’s just better to pay them the money and cut them out of your life. It feels kinda
good and a relief.

Back