Pretty much I deficate out what I eat. no joke, help.

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Roger z2, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Roger z2

Roger z2 White Belt

This problem has been going on for a while and only come into prominence recently.

I'm 17, 5'9 and weigh about 138 lb. 3-4 years ago I was 5'8 125lbs so putting on weight has been an 'issue'.

I've been told to seriously eat more and get the RDA of calories per day before I even consider taking protein again. Everytime I eat larger meals than my 'average' I have about 20mins of uncertainty, then I usually take a big ol' shit. I've been awake for 7 hrs and just had dinner, and had 3 shits, and I think I'm about to go again. :mad: shitting face.

I don't see how I am going to get extra calories into me without rupturing my lovely behind. I had a relatively clean diet (maintaining a body of a 13 year old) since three weeks ago, since I've been going for bulk and shat out everything I eat which my body doesn't feel like digesting.

During term times (Sept- June or w/e) I hit the school gym twice a week and during hols its weekly Muay thai (I cant handle more due 2-3 day recovery).

Help? Thanks in advance.

PS i did go through forum and google search of the website and all i found was clean/dirty calorie debates and how tim sylvia shat himself, apparently.

2. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

Describe your diet for us.

Also, read the FAQs.

3. Jaedong

Jaedong Blue Belt

Hahahah funny story. Well maybe you are very lactose intolerant and milk makes you shit a lot, happens to some people. Also to much fiber can make you poo a lot, like massive amounts of veggies.

4. Roger z2

Roger z2 White Belt

I have read the FAQ topics and questions a few times, sorry if I haven't picked up anything relevant.

I hardly drink milk but when I do drink loads yeah that does happen.

Hopefully describing my diet will help decide whether I have too much fibre or not.

For today it was something like
    Crunchy Nut (28g serving)
    Weetabix (2 biscuit serving)
    Semi Skimmed Milk
    belgian bun

plate of blueberries/grapes ice cream with chocolate shavings.

1/3 plate serving of fried mixed veg, carrots green beans etc
    cornish pastry (pie like thing)
    about 250ml orange juice.

stir fried cucumber/carrots
    1/4 of a steak
    2 beef burgers (81% beef i think.)
    serving of rice.

Crunchy Nut Cornflakes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Weetabix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Calories in Ginsters - Original Cornish Pasty

ill find the nutritional value if needed, and i drink tea throughout the day.

5. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

You're eating tons of processed grains and hardly any protein. Cut out a bunch of grains, choose what grains you do eat (if any) wisely, and eat a lot more protein (dead animals).

You could probably use some more fat in there, too. You're hardly eating any, except for a fat-rich pasty, which seems a bit dodgy to me. Supplement with fish oil, eat more meat, nuts, etc.

You may want to experiment with removing the dairy too. Some people handle dairy without problems, but it may not be for you.

If you make the above changes and still have problems, there are a few supplemental options to look at, but it would be silly to look at enzymes and whatnot when your diet still has lots of room for improvement.

6. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

Celiac disease?

A lot of people have gluten allergies who don't know it...

7. blackers10

blackers10 Orange Belt

Go see a doctor or nutritionist.
    You may have irritable bowel syndrome(IBS) shit lots from spices and even lactose intolerance built in.
    Or coeliac (gluten allergy) usually loads of farts and burps
    Or a lactose alergy( even eating cake that had milk used to make it can make you go.

I'd eat a smaller breakfast or switch out one of the things to a protein etc

8. SocraticMethod

SocraticMethod Kingmaker

Is it diarrhea? You're right at the age that people develop ulcerative colitis. I was 18 when I developed it. Or is just after big meals?

9. Roger z2

Roger z2 White Belt

Thanks for the replies, will start to look into it right away.

edit, its not diarrhea :) its just after big meals

10. Black Paladin

Black Paladin Funniest Sherdogger, P4P

A full stomach signals the body via the vagus nerve to get the show on the road for the food that is still in the factory on the assembly line. Sometimes, this is rushing it too much, it gets shipped too early. But, you may still want to double check on trying out the diet shift.

end thread?

11. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Yellow Belt

If you do not have a lactose intolerance you might wanna supplement your eating with GOMAD

12. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

It could be a lot of things. go see a doc. None of us are qualified enough to help your pooper. Personally I would try adding more meat and less pies and waffles and processed shit.

13. JSN

JSN Bitch Lasagna

are you saying that if you eat broccoli, that you would shit out shewed up broccoli within a relatively short time period (minutes to a couple hours)?

14. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

I should add that I agree with the above posters...even though I suspect this problem could be fixed with simple dietary changes, it would probably be a good idea to get this checked out by a doctor.

15. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

How many cups of tea do you drink in an average day? Tea has a mild laxative effect, and if you are drinking more than 2 cups a day, this could be contributing to your problem. Cut back on the tea and see what happens.

16. bunga

bunga White Belt

Love your spelling. kids your age usually write like retards

17. superking

superking Poet — Traveler — Soldier of Fortune

Sounds a lot like IBS to me. Try adding more soluble fiber to your diet. And also try eating foods in a certain order. Here's two examples of what I do:

I have two eggs, a cup of oatmeal, and a pint of milk in the morning. If I eat the eggs first I get cramps and need to shit within minutes. But if I eat the oatmeal first, then the eggs and milk, I don't get this reaction. In this instance it is the eggs that give me problems. The milk is fine. I can drink milk by itself.

Post-workout I take a protein shake that consists of: 1/2 cup of oats, 1 scoop protein powder, cinnamon, 1 cup of water, and a banana. I grind up the oats by themselves first, so they turn into a powder. Then I add the rest of the stuff. If I don't include the oats and banana in the shake, I get cramps and have to shit immediately. In this instance it is the protein powder that screws me up.

Having added more soluble fiber and changing the order that I eat certain foods in has helped me tremendously with my IBS.

18. Roger z2

Roger z2 White Belt

Superking, I don't think I have IBS because I just have the shitting symptom opposed to having bloating/discomfort etc. Thanks for the feedback

Blackice, I always drink loads of tea (without problems) I'm cutting back on the milk and then the tea to see if the problem persists

bunga tyvm lolololol :cool: I hate reading retarded posts so I tend to spell check after so I don't sound like I have any problems.

XTrainer, I think its definately dietary, as today I have been eating much less without problems. Also I have lost all faith in the British NHS -definitely going to sort it out myself through trial and error.

JSN: only after big meals :)

KILL KILL, I don't normally eat pies and I have started eating more meat +no faith in doctors. Going back to school should give me a much better diet. Thanks for your feedback.

Legend Killer will try GOMAD, once I establish whether or not milk is the problem. + Cost concerns

Black Paladin, I understand, thanks. Probably time to end thread, I've made notes on the thread :redface:

Thanks for the replies.

19. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

Hold on, if you're solving the problem by eating "much less," you're not solving the problem. You're trying to gain weight, right? You need to eat more calories than you were eating before...maybe I should have been more explicit, but when I said to try removing/cutting back on certain foods, I also intended for you to replace those foods with less problematic choices.

20. Roger z2

Roger z2 White Belt

Yeah, I don't think that came out as I intended. :( The smaller amounts I was eating prior to trying to gain weight gave me no problems. The changed diet has given me problems leading me to believe that the problem is entirely dietary opposed to a digestive condition I have. I just happened to eat less today because I missed breakfast :icon_sad:

Thanks