Pretty Dissapointed in myself...

ThatOGD0n

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Title says it all really
I competed. Got beasted on (9-0).
Over it now. time to get back into the gym and work on my mount escape even more.

Last edited:
I went to the Euros one year and got spanked by the Gold medalist in my 2nd fight.

I got nailed with a Gata Karuma - a fucking Firemans carry!!! Im a fireman - do you know how ironic that is!!! Then he proceeded to score on me for a following 5 mins. I think it ended up 16-2 or something.

Felt humiliated, and when ever someone comes off of a mat, saying " im gutted , I lost by a 10 points", my brother says - "Well - not as bad as Dave at the Euros" he got schooled in his 2nd fight - hahahah"

You'll get there. Back to the mats is the way to go!!

I went to the Euros one year and got spanked by the Gold medalist in my 2nd fight.

I got nailed with a Gata Karuma - a fucking Firemans carry!!! Im a fireman - do you know how ironic that is!!!

Woulda been more ironic if he had pulled of a kata garuma!

Title says it all really
Over it now. time to get back into the gym and work on my mount escape even more.

Don't worry about, its only white belt, shit happens :). You didn't even get submitted! Atleast you didn't get caught with a flying triangle or something!

Also do you train with Marcelo? Doesn't it say in his book that he lost bad in his first comp? Even with a judo background? Things turned alright for him! ;)

Title says it all really

this is my fear of what will happen when i compete for the first time.

i dont know how i will react if i get slaughtered :S

I lost my first fight, in my first competition. I gave it all I had, but just didn't have enough time to regain the points I had lost, or catch a submission. I was quite devistated. The guy that got the gold, in my weight division, was a teammate. In fact, he beat the guy who beat me for the gold. I went back to the gym the day after and I've been working my ass off since. My teammate, however, began to skip classes and slack off. Two months [of blood and sweat] later, I am up 2-0 with him during our hard rolling/ sparring sessions.

Keep your head up and get back on the mats!

The most important thing is to show up to work out the next day

my first whooping:

after 3 months of grappling i entered my first tourney and did well in my division, getting a third.

I entered the absolutes for fun and drew this huge brown belt in my first match. (i weighed in at 161 for this tourney)

fast forward to the match and he is destroying me but cant submit me. i believe the score got up to around 20 to 0.

At one point, i looked up at the ref and said "man this guy is alot better than me" and the ref busted out laughing.

in the last 20 seconds or so the big guy was tired and i had him in guard. I rolled for an omoplata and actually pinned him face down with it. he defended and there was really no chance i was going to get it, but the ref started teasing the brown belt saying "dont you let that white belt sub you!"

the brown belt then threw me off of him and time expired. it was a blast and i will never forget it!

Also do you train with Marcelo? Doesn't it say in his book that he lost bad in his first comp? Even with a judo background? Things turned alright for him! ;)

Not Marcelo Garcia but ::::::TEAM GARCIA::::: the greatest and the baddest team of all time led by the most powerful of all trolls NOCTURNO (if you say his name 3 times he appears behind you and trolls on you)

@256

3 months training and you kept off a much heavier brown belt? he musta felt bad!

embrace it dude, it just means next time you kick someone's ass (in comp) it'll feel that much sweeter.

Don't worry about it man. Just getting out there and competing is an accomplishment. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

I got ipponend in like 7 seconds in my first judo match (and it has happened again after that to)

Don't be disappointed. That serves nothing.

Be dissatisfied. That's a bit different. Whether I win or lose, I'm never satisfied with my performance. There is always something that I can take away and learn.

If you see competitions as educational, which you should, then you'll never be disappointed.

My very first match I was countered on my sloppy ass takedown. It's terrible because I am an ex-Wrestler who specialized in takedowns. I was mounted on that takedown too but ended up winning. Ironically in sudden death with a double.

My first match in my first ever competition I got guillotined going for a take down about 10 seconds into the match. Fortunately it was double elimination. It took the next guy about 3:30 minutes to sub me.

My first ever comp I went 1-4 but they didn't have enough white belts for weight classes and combined us. I drew two guys who were both 30lbs heavier then me.

It was still a great learning experience. I took soo much of what I learned into the next comps that I did and preformed much better.

Back