Pressure testing Aikido

All these people are muppets.

First guy challenged me to fight him rather than post a full resistance Randori clip of him at a local Judo club.

That second link beating up a fat guy is all the full resistance he has in his trailer?

Please!

You can't train Kansetsu Waza joint locking full resistance Randori do to injury. That's why Kano Sensei took them out of the Kodokan competition curriculum. We know now that Atemi Waza sparring eventually leads to CTE so Nage Waza throwing and Ne Waza ground technique are the only "safe" ie sport full resistance competition. They figured that out 100 years ago, we shouldn't need YouTube muppets to remind us.

For Aikido

The only name you need to know is

Kenji Tomiki 8 Dan Judo Japanese National champion and 8 Dan Aikido.

https://judoinfo.com/tomiki2/

"This can be understood through research into the origins of jujutsu and the sources behind the establishment of Kano Sensei’s Kodokan Judo. In the past the general jujutsu which has divided into many different schools was all for the purpose of shinken-shobu [Note: 真剣勝負 – a match with a live blade. In other words, a fight that determines life and death]. Then, from those ryu-ha various schools that focused on throwing techniques such as Kito-ryu (起倒流) and Yoshin-ryu (楊心流), or those which specialized in striking (atemi) and holds such as Tenjin Shinyo-ryu (天神真楊流) and Yoshin-ryu (楊心流) differentiated themselves. However, the long and short of it is that defense against attacks was the primary focus, so that joint techniques were the most common. Consequently, Kano Sensei removed the joint techniques from those schools, avoided striking (atemi), chose the least dangerous strategies and established a Kodokan Judo that was appropriate for modern times. Then a variety of competitive methods were established from the most interesting principles and finally we have what is thriving today. On the other hand, it ended up being completely a sport."

The first video is just silly bullshido. They are still operating within a control environment. Uke knows what his role is in the demo, he knows that he has to throw a right hand and what Shite will do. A real test would be to allow Uke to set up the right hand with the jab and to follow through with whatever combo after. Maybe Shite will block the first punch but what will he do next when he cannot anticipate Uke's next move?

I actually will left discussion by advise to read openly available mandatory grading requirements for Judo and especially JJJ, at least that is openly available for more known schools, even if with reduced Curriculum.
This stuff usually is available also in english for free.
Text document formats.

Did you watch both videos?
No just got done training since I posted...

The same lame critique's from the same clueless muppets.

That Lenny guy actually challenged me to fight him as I was prepping for hip surgery because I suggested he post some full resistance clips- the one you posted is not full resistance-. So much bluster because it was obvious I was in no shape to spend the money to fly where ever he is, rent a hotel room, Randori him, fly back home....You'd never guess that his demeanor is just like the roided out crazy eyed persona in his clips.

The only authority on effective Aikido is Kenji Tomiki.

All these people are muppets.

First guy challenged me to fight him rather than post a full resistance Randori clip of him at a local Judo club.

That second link beating up a fat guy is all the full resistance he has in his trailer?

Please!

You can't train Kansetsu Waza joint locking full resistance Randori do to injury. That's why Kano Sensei took them out of the Kodokan competition curriculum. We know now that Atemi Waza sparring eventually leads to CTE so Nage Waza throwing and Ne Waza ground technique are the only "safe" ie sport full resistance competition. They figured that out 100 years ago, we shouldn't need YouTube muppets to remind us.
I had a similar thought. Why attempt this esoteric, way out arts stuff? Go to a Judo club. Judo has got to be one of the most straightforward of the Asian like arts to learn.

I'm putting off getting to work, stopped by to have a little fun.

Some Japanese grappling Infotainment. What I like to start was each art's demonstration of how technique could be used depending on the situation. Since I don't know BJJ training-wise, I really enjoyed the BJJ gal's technique.
Girl BJJ Brownbelt vs Judo Man Blackbelt
•Sep 10, 2016

kyokushinbul
131K subscribers
Subscribe - http://bit.ly/29eMCV0 Gracie Jiu Jitsu BJJ vs Judo Japanese Judoka - kyokushinbul

My ending thought first. Would now love to see a contest between the Judo Blackbelt and the BJJ girl's Instructor (mean looking SOB).

My most notable impression, however, was how smoothly the Guy Judo black-belt threw the BJJ Brown-Belt Gal. Told ya all.

I also thought the BJJ Gal showed very nicely the BJJ scrambling skills, which can also get one into very hot water. Nonetheless, impressive.

Pressure testing is a huge recurring theme here. Taking a look @ the video, however, it's not really the issue in my book. Simply, you must know how the stuff works.

HEY, I STILL HAVEN'T DONE ANY RANDORI (WILL HAVE TO SOON)!

NEVERTHELESS, I'LL TELL YOU WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE JUDO HERE.
Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm [Fight Highlight]
•Jun 17, 2016

Dannynorw
2.01K subscribers

uploaded this late due to copyR issues. ive lost so many great highlights over the years and i still see many videos on youtube that is NOT

....Despite all that Olympic pressure testing & MMA evolution, Ronda doesn't know how to do Judo!!!!!!<45>

Last edited:
FOR ALL YOU PRESSURE TESTERS, THEN I HAVE TO GO:

MMA Media format. We never talk like this in Judo class and if they did I would walk out.............[<diva4}

FloGrappling

158K subscribers

Judo Olympian and jiu-jitsu black belt Travis Stevens could easily have been a wrestler, baseball player or football player. But for him, only one sport was worth playing. Find out why.

"Flow Grappling," the latest coolest grappling MEDIA dudes on the planet. Yeah Right.<JerryWWF>

This is the trouble with Pressure Testers. 3rd Grade. They are still in it.

Rokas is great. He used to do aikido, tried to make it work, got beat up in a challenge match, and has now transferred over to MMA training at straight blast gym. Total respect to the guy.

Rokas is great. He used to do aikido, tried to make it work, got beat up in a challenge match, and has now transferred over to MMA training at straight blast gym. Total respect to the guy.

I agree.

I see you fanboys are cheering this fellow on. I've gandered at his YT Channel.

Still watching.

Can say I'm a fan of SBG.

Can't say I'm a fan of his.
Yup.
He tested his skills in sparring without pre defined scenario and posted results.
Despite he was aikido dojo owner and an Aikido instructor - sensei.
I wonder about this guy. <GSPWoah>What's important is that he's getting answers, where before he had none.<{imoyeah}>

Last edited:
WHAT'S THIS? gRACIE 2020?
Aikido vs BJJ
•Apr 18, 2019

Sandro bjj

154 subscribers<SelenaWow>

Mean, tough SOB smashes {<huh}

I picked up another Judo "Resistance Training" Vid. Same difference, IMO.
Judo self defense: Punch slip to arm triangle style O Soto Gari
•Mar 28, 2018

Rochester Judo
690 subscribers<{gspressed}>

Here's where MMA is useful, besides Judo. First off, how would this Judo Black-Belt demo'ing the technique do against Big Meany BJJ Guy in top video.? Not Good (me hazarding guess).

The instructor, look at his psuedo boxing approach. Garbage. The one thing I'm looking on right know in boxing is footwork,,, and one has to hold the stance w the footwork. Ain't happening. Looks like Ammyyyyeee Hour striking pose.

How about the Judo? WE do NOT look like this Judo Instructor when we are shown how to practice. In short, one must be on your mark, and the form perfectly in place otherwise,, unh ahhh. Don't Work-y time. And Counter-y Time.

O Soto Gari, I wrote soon after starting out posting... practical throw as shown here... easy to counter just saw a vid pointing this out which we know full well from class. It's easy to get overpowered in Judo... as just about any Randori vid will indicate. Soooo,,, that is something one must think about when using for self defense. Like get your technique in first.

Judo is made to take on the Mean, tough BJJ guy. Skill, however, is all that could save you.<[analyzed}>

Last edited:
That "BJJ" vs. Aikido vid does serve as a nice 'wake up' call.{<jimmies}

THIS IS WHY JUDO DOES STANDING THROWS INSTEAD OF TAKE DOWNS MORE COMMON IN BJJ.<{CMPALM}>
Jorge Masvidal vs Ben A5kren - "full" 5 Seconds Fight
•Jul 6, 2019

Roberth Urrutia

88 subscribers

So to you heavy bag hard hitters & magical take down getters... there is a context for everything.<BC1>

Back