Press Conference Fight Announcement Rankings

Captain Tight

Gettin two birds stoned at once
@Blue
Reaction score
I’m ranking all the fights in order based on how hyped I personally am for all the fights that were announced earlier today. These are based on a combination of how exciting the fight will be in addition to how relevant each fight is.

1. Khabib vs Conor - No brainer.

2. Woodley vs Till - Championship fight but could be either be a slugfest or snooze fest regardless it’s the 2nd fight I’m anticipating the most.

3. Poirier vs Diaz - I don’t see how this doesn’t get fight of the night at 230 not to mention the impact this fight will have in the LW division

4. Gaethje vs Vick - LW division is the Premier Division and these two are guaranteed to give us a show. I think a win should propel the winner to a top 5 opponent

5. Brunson vs Adesanya - Interesting to see how the up and comer does against a higher ranked opponent. This would certainly place him up against a top 5 opponent if he wins

6. Volkan vs Anthony Smith - Even though the winner will likely get a title shot, I ranked this fight so low because of how irrelevant the LHW division is right now.

7. Cowboy vs Perry - Definetly will be fun to watch.

8. Jimi Manuwa vs Glover Teixeira - Honestly this fight isn’t even Main event material.

9. Montano vs Valentina - WMMA who cares

Woodley/Till has a more than decent sized chance of being a dud.

Shame on you for putting that ahead of Diaz/Dustin.

Conor vs. Khabib
Perry vs. Cowboy
Costa vs. Romero
Poirier vs. Diaz
Woodley vs. Till
Brunson vs. Adesanya

The rest don't matter.

Woodley/Till has a more than decent sized chance of being a dud.

Shame on you for putting that ahead of Diaz/Dustin.

I didn’t say it was going to be a better fight, but it is a bit more important if a fight than Diaz/Poirier and I’m more excited for it

Poor Till went from Conor 2.0 to a laughing stock. His Wonderboy fight was horrible and it boggles the mind he got the nod without even fighting a wrestler. He is totally unproven but the UFC is going to rush him in to a title shot, as he will be lucky to make WW 1 more time and even more lucky to survive the weight cut.

Poor Till went from Conor 2.0 to a laughing stock. His Wonderboy fight was horrible and it boggles the mind he got the nod without even fighting a wrestler. He is totally unproven but the UFC is going to rush him in to a title shot, as he will be lucky to make WW 1 more time and even more lucky to survive the weight cut.

He’s gotta make weight or he goes up. He is fucking massive for WW

Lol at Israel being a -260 favorite over Brunson.

Oddly enough I think Threadstarter nailed my rankings. Wish I would have done mine before looking at yours because once I saw yours I basically thought "yep"

nope. LW and WW
Dustin hasn't gotten better since he was in FW, he's simply fighting worse competition. Someone who can be a top 3 in lw can hardly hang onto staying in the top 10 at fw.

Edit: Also can you name any lw that has moved to fw and did better? Because there's plenty the other way around.

Last edited:
Back