Economy President Trump's family trying to buy a 100 million dollar stake in OANN and stick it to FOX

ITT - Trumpists openly admit they want a Trump propaganda network and that any news coverage that isn't openly gargling Trump's balls is fake news.
One of the things this administration has actually been good at, other than shameless graft and corruption, is dragging the U.S. down into some third-world bullshit that most people thought would be impossible during the modern era. In that sense, this move would be entirely on-brand.

Kind of looking forward to OANN's future bankruptcy though.

Trump trying to set himself up after the Presidency, imagine him just sitting there ranting to the camera without any of the political dressing, for hours a day. It'd do gangbusters. I wonder if Trump is tired of the gig and just won't tell the RNC until October.

Trump loses 2020,
OANN goes gangbusters with Televised Trump leading the way,
Biden (or whomever) is president for four years during the worst recession known to man,
Trump wins 2024 with a fully operational battle station (OANN).

It could happen

Its no surprise that people who claim media is biased are literally advocating for a mainstream media company to be MORE biased because it aligns with THIER bias.

Fucking hell lol

It's worth going through a thought experiment about what a truly unbiased media source would be with a kind of God's-eye view of the world. If everything were factually correct, enough information were presented to give a complete picture of every story, and print/time would be granted to stories in perfect proportion to their impact according to some utilitarian calculation, would anyone regard it as unbiased? That would mean little to no coverage of stuff like "random person in group disfavored by some political tribe" or "political candidate says something that can be taken out of context to advance a narrative," which would cause partisans on both sides to think it's biased against them. It would probably have a lot of coverage related to climate change and wouldn't present both sides of the "debate" over whether to believe evidence, which would cause right-wingers to think it was biased. Likewise, if it went with reality on economics, the right would consider it biased.

If you had one that had a complete, overriding centrist bias (always assuming that the truth was exactly in line with the median American, and that stories were exactly as important as the median American thought they were, with no concern for objective reality), I think it would come across was extremely biased to everyone, but liberals in particular would think that it's total garbage. I think that's sort of what major news organizations shoot for (though they obviously can't come close to hitting it), and we see the results.

Like I said, you’re retarded.

And yet you're the one insulting me over and over, thinking the deep state is gonna be blown wide open, while cheering on a Manhattan landlord who can't read.

Cool. You didn't reference anything asked of you, or anything that had to do with your posts, but cool.

One of the things this administration has actually been good at, other than shameless graft and corruption, is dragging the U.S. down into some third-world bullshit that most people thought would be impossible during the modern era.

You been asleep the past few years? Shits been 3rd world for a while now. JFK/LBJ starting the Vietnam War because they didn't want to lose an election. Going to war based on some cartoon mobile WMD the CIA dreamt up. CIA spying on the Senate under Obama. FBI/Justice attempting a coup with a phony dossier under Obama. Just a short list.

Trump is signaling that he is moving to a new news outlet but putting the blame on FOX coverage of him. This is far deeper and very much inline with boosting the visibility and finances of a deal with Don Jr and Jared.

TRUMP IS REALLY AIMING TO TAKE DOWN FOX”: A GROUP ALIGNED WITH DONALD TRUMP JR. IS IN TALKS TO BUY A MAJOR STAKE IN OANN

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/trump-is-really-aiming-to-take-down-fox

"When liberals look at Fox News, they tend to see Trump TV: a cable network that, with a few exceptions, has relentlessly pushed his policy objectives, and praised him in the terms that he loves. But that is not the way Donald Trump himself sees it. Trump loves that many Fox hosts are his loudest cheerleaders—but any deviation from Trumpian orthodoxy he views as betrayal. He sees himself as responsible for the network’s continued ratings success, and expects to be treated as such. In private, Trump reminds friends that Fox tried to derail his campaign during the 2016 Republican primary, and he vents that Fox owes its record ratings to him. “At the end of day, Trump thinks he owns Fox. He thinks he made them,” said a Republican who discussed Fox with Trump."

"
Trump’s frustration with Fox has only intensified during the coronavirus pandemic. As the nation’s COVID-19 death count rises, and Trump’s poll numbers slide, Fox executives have sidelined the network’s most flagrant coronavirus deniers. In late April Fox cut ties with MAGA stars Diamond and Silk after the duo promoted bizarre COVID-19 conspiracies, including speculation that the virus was man-made or that New York state was inflating deaths totals to hurt Trump politically.

Trump’s view that Fox is insufficiently loyal has motivated him to look for a more reliable media partner. On April 26, he tweeted: “The people who are watching @FoxNews, in record numbers (thank you President Trump), are angry. They want an alternative now. So do I!”"

"
Trump now is on the verge of having that alternative. According to sources, an investor group aligned with his son Don Jr. and the Dallas-based Hicks family is in negotiations to acquire a major stake in One America News Network, the fledgling conservative cable-news channel that features hosts like Jack Posobiec, a chief promoter of the Pizzagate conspiracy. “[RNC co-chair] Tommy Hicks and Don Jr. have been looking to buy a station for Trump TV,” said one source briefed on the talks. “This is all about building a Fox competitor. Trump is really aiming to take down Fox,” the person briefed on the deal told me. “The Herrings have no agreements in place, written or oral, to sell any stake of its business or interest in OAN to any party,” Charles P. Herring, president of Herring Networks, OANN’s parent company, said in a letter after this article was published. (A person close to Hicks said he resigned his position from the family business when he joined the RNC and isn’t involved in an OANN deal)."

"During impeachment, OANN distinguished itself by its brazen airing of pro-Trump propaganda. OANN ran a three-part series hosted by Rudy Giuliani promoting Trump’s conspiracy that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that meddled in the 2016 election. Former Trump campaign aide Michael Caputo—the current spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services—hosted a prime-time special titled: The Ukraine Hoax: Impeachment, Biden Cash, Mass Murder.

Sources said the negotiations have been dragging on for months. In January the Wall Street Journal reported that Hicks Equity Partners was in talks to invest $250 million to acquire OANN from parent company Herring Networks Inc. Sources told me OANN president Charles Herring was asking $300 million for the channel, a price the Trump group felt was too high (one source said the final price could be around $200 million). It’s unclear what role Don Jr. has had in the negotiations. The infusion of cash will allow OANN to improve production values and expand its modest distribution of 35 million homes (Fox News is available in more than 90 million homes).

As the deal has been moving forward, Trump has been promoting OANN by calling on OANN reporters at White House briefings and tweeting favorably about the network’s coverage. Over the weekend, he tweeted that AT&T is expanding OANN’s distribution. “I hate to be promoting AT&T, but @OANN is Great News, not Fake News. Everybody should be carrying them!”

Drain that swap drain it now.

Last edited:
That’s a smart fucking move.

FOX is retardedly trying to rebrand themselves as "straight news". It’s not gonna work. Anyone even near the left is incapable of believing anything said on fox.

Meanwhile they’re losing right leaning viewers because they waste time covering Democrat nonsense.

They're just thinking ahead.

One day Americans will come back to the center.

And FOX will be there, telling them what to think.

Sitting president trying to buy a media company to spread it's propaganda.

Nothing to be concerned with.

100 million? I wonder who they are borrowing the money from? Ukraine, Rusher, Jina?

Sitting president trying to buy a media company to spread it's propaganda.

Nothing to be concerned with.

Nothing at all, normal behavior is normal because anything daddy trump does is perfect.

I believe that FOX has turned on Trump recently tons of stories that keep pointing out how the administration is wrong on FOX. I have seen them take on the Trump administration more and more. Point is are they doing this because they are tired of Trump's threats taking his act to another network "OANN". FOX is really causing all kinds of problems for the administration I wonder when Trump will sign an executive order on FOX LOL.

Yes TYT the story is right at the beginning of the video.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back