Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

International President Trump signs HISTORIC Peace Deal between Israel, Bahrain and the UAE 9/15/20

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Oliver C., Sep 15, 2020 at 2:11 PM.

1. Bia Orange Belt

never thought i would see this in my lifetime, signs of peace in ME

Oliver C. and SATW like this.
  2. SATW Blue Belt

it is an accomplishment
    the Jordan or Egypt type of peace treaties are cold peace treaty and not real like this one
    fact is Egypt blow up their gas to Israel and Jordan threat to cancel the treaty just a year ago, the Jordan one is extremely overvalued
    Jordan peace treaty is the worst decision ever made besides Oslo
    Carter couldn't start a negotiation
    Clinton brought the oslo accords and the 1995-2005 bloodbath

Oceanmachine likes this.
  3. Prefect Black Belt

Bahrain and UAE airspace doesn't block Israel.
    [​IMG]

The crux of this whole thing is that Israel has a history carrying out airstrikes in other sovereign countries. Imagine the up roar that would happen if Mexico or Canada flew some jets a blew up a factory in the U.S. The F-35 fighters were probably an acceptable trade to UAE because they would limit the capability of Israel of carrying out airstrikes. This really isn't about the UAE or Bahrain but more about Israel having a past history of being a shitty neighbor. 99% of Israel's problems can be traced back to just being a shitty neighbor.

4. BFoe Western States Heritage Champion Platinum Member

You’re not being entirely unfair to Clinton, but pretty unfair to Carter. Is your remark about Carter solely regarding the Palestinians? Carter helped broker the Camp David Accord which brought actual, lasting peace between Israel and Egypt, who had been involved in like 4 different wars with one another. It was an actual peace agreement, and is night and day from what Trump is doing.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/jimmy-carter-camp-david-accords-egypt-israel
    Some of what you say about Clinton is fair: there did turn out (in retrospect) to be some problems with the Oslo Accords which made them a failure. However, he did make a lot of headway between Israel and the PLO; a lot of that was erased after the assassination of Rabin which of course was not Clinton’s fault. Netanyahu was much less of a willing peace partner, and forget about Sharon after that was no peace partner at all. However, both Clinton and Carter made much more significant contributions to Mideast Peace than Trump. We’ll see how this all plays out of course, but I fail to see how alienating the Palestinians further with an agreement which simply makes official what has already been occurring between Israel and the UAE—who were not at war at all—is a particularly beneficial contribution.

helltoupee and SATW like this.
  5. ElKarlo Steel Belt

The Iranian deal had no enforcement, right? It WA sticking the can down the road a d hoping that the Iranians wouldn't get nukes because oh uh ah...

SATW likes this.
  6. BFoe Western States Heritage Champion Platinum Member

What do you mean by enforcement? Inspections were handled via the IAEA.

7. SATW Blue Belt

fine, the Egypt peace wasn't bad

i agree that its looks insignificant, but we will just have to wait and see how it will turn out\
    probably better than attempting the same "solution" that was never excepted in the other side

the Palestinians hate the PLO more than anything btw and they prefer the one state solution

BFoe likes this.
  8. Anaconda99 Purple Belt

Hitler got a nobel peace price.

9. Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H 4077th Belt Platinum Member

lol no
    he didn't get a nobel PRIZE

10. Anaconda99 Purple Belt

Winner by default.

11. Prutfis Master of pups

You couldnt be more wrong.

BFoe likes this.
  12. Aniketos #MAGA Yellow Card

i didn't hear about this...the media was too busy celebrating sex offenders, drug mules, drug addicts, and cop killers.

ElKarlo likes this.
  13. Grenz Brown Belt

I am the Walrus

14. ElKarlo Steel Belt

There was an excrement mechanism?

15. MilesAbove Gold Belt

lol, imagine being the kind of person that convinces himself that THIS is some sort of great accomplishment. This is like that Serbia/Kosovo signing Trump did, wherein they had to turn around and admit they had no idea what they signed and renege.

I mean, we all know that all politicians posture; but this is amazingly vapid.

16. ElKarlo Steel Belt

? Was there an actual way to deny the Iranians a way to build nukes? Seems they just relied on inspectors that really had no power.
    That and they still would be able to enrich uraniy

brother mouzone likes this.
  17. Ultra O’Dia Brown Belt

Goddamnit! V.I. Lenin! Vladimir Illiatch Ulenenov!

I can’t believe how well that movie has stood up to Time, and my changing tastes. Pure genius.

Grenz likes this.
  18. Oceanmachine Purple Belt

Egypt was a terrible deal for Israel because you gave up the Sinai but took back all the Gazans. Giving it up would of made sense if you pushed all the Gazans (displaced arab sunni egyptians) back to Egypt. The Sinai is a huge territory that is of geostrategic importance for western countries to via the Suez canal. If Israel held it im sure it would have 2 or 3 major cities in it well developed and the area would be free of ISIS terrorists. After that id say the south Lebanon withdrawl and failed UN talks didnt help because Hezbollah only got closer to Israel´s borders as to where they can park their rockets and missiles now.

SATW likes this.
  19. French Canadian Brown Belt

It could end up being historic though. The strategy is obviously to circumvent the Palestinian, to try to create a domino effect by starting with countries that have no ill will towards Israel and to go for other Arab countries after. The goal is to further isolate Palestinians to force their hand. Also, to consolidate the alliance against Iran.

20. BFoe Western States Heritage Champion Platinum Member

I agree, that’s clearly the goal. But issues regarding Jerusalem, statehood, right of return for Palestinian refugees, settlement building, and the like are not going to be solved by forcing Palestinians’ hand. That’s what I was saying earliein another post—Trump’s “Art of the Deal” seems to consist mostly of trying to bully and strong-arm people, and if they won’t cave then he pouts. We’ve seen it again and again: with Pelosi regarding DACA and the Wall, at the G8, with his own party regarding a stimulus, plus other countries like Germany, Denmark, and China... He doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the negotiator he claimed to be, and I have strong doubts that this strategy will pay off in the Middle East. But we shall see.