International President Trump signs HISTORIC Peace Deal between Israel, Bahrain and the UAE 9/15/20

The Iranian deal had no enforcement, right? It WA sticking the can down the road a d hoping that the Iranians wouldn't get nukes because oh uh ah...
You couldnt be more wrong.

i didn't hear about this...the media was too busy celebrating sex offenders, drug mules, drug addicts, and cop killers.

lol, imagine being the kind of person that convinces himself that THIS is some sort of great accomplishment. This is like that Serbia/Kosovo signing Trump did, wherein they had to turn around and admit they had no idea what they signed and renege.

I mean, we all know that all politicians posture; but this is amazingly vapid.

it is an accomplishment
the Jordan or Egypt type of peace treaties are cold peace treaty and not real like this one
fact is Egypt blow up their gas to Israel and Jordan threat to cancel the treaty just a year ago, the Jordan one is extremely overvalued
Jordan peace treaty is the worst decision ever made besides Oslo

Carter couldn't start a negotiation
Clinton brought the oslo accords and the 1995-2005 bloodbath

Egypt was a terrible deal for Israel because you gave up the Sinai but took back all the Gazans. Giving it up would of made sense if you pushed all the Gazans (displaced arab sunni egyptians) back to Egypt. The Sinai is a huge territory that is of geostrategic importance for western countries to via the Suez canal. If Israel held it im sure it would have 2 or 3 major cities in it well developed and the area would be free of ISIS terrorists. After that id say the south Lebanon withdrawl and failed UN talks didnt help because Hezbollah only got closer to Israel´s borders as to where they can park their rockets and missiles now.

Whether on purpose or not, you and @MicroBrew are getting hung up in pointless nomenclature. Regardless of what you call it, he’s also brought up significant issues with the deal, as have I, and I also provided sources for my POVs.

Honestly man, when I read through these comments it’s difficult to tell if Trump supporters are trolling or not. Here is what I what you and all Trump supporters to understand:
I don’t think highly of Trump, but one thing he is good at is branding. Of course he’s branding this as “peace in the Middle East,” the bigliest most tremendous peace deal of all peace deals....
But it isn’t. What people like Carter and Clinton worked so hard on was peace between the Israelis and Palestinians. A deal between Israel and the UAE is a historical footnote. That’s about it. It’s not substantial, and it actually puts us farther away from a real, lasting peace deal by screwing the Palestinians over blatantly.

It could end up being historic though. The strategy is obviously to circumvent the Palestinian, to try to create a domino effect by starting with countries that have no ill will towards Israel and to go for other Arab countries after. The goal is to further isolate Palestinians to force their hand. Also, to consolidate the alliance against Iran.

It could end up being historic though. The strategy is obviously to circumvent the Palestinian, to try to create a domino effect by starting with countries that have no ill will towards Israel and to go for other Arab countries after. The goal is to further isolate Palestinians to force their hand. Also, to consolidate the alliance against Iran.
I agree, that’s clearly the goal. But issues regarding Jerusalem, statehood, right of return for Palestinian refugees, settlement building, and the like are not going to be solved by forcing Palestinians’ hand. That’s what I was saying earliein another post—Trump’s “Art of the Deal” seems to consist mostly of trying to bully and strong-arm people, and if they won’t cave then he pouts. We’ve seen it again and again: with Pelosi regarding DACA and the Wall, at the G8, with his own party regarding a stimulus, plus other countries like Germany, Denmark, and China... He doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the negotiator he claimed to be, and I have strong doubts that this strategy will pay off in the Middle East. But we shall see.

? Was there an actual way to deny the Iranians a way to build nukes? Seems they just relied on inspectors that really had no power.
That and they still would be able to enrich uraniy
Their only heavy water reactor was destroyed and would take years to rebuild. This couldn´t be done without setting of a lot of international alarms

Most of their centrifuges were destroyed leaving only older models.

They were allowed to enrich for the energy sector. Enrichments levels for that are vastly different than the levels needed for bomb making. So is the equipment.

They were compliant with JCPOA and had they not been it would have been a return to sanctions and possibly military action depending of the severity of their breach of the deal. (kind of like we have today but with much more oversight in the internal workings in Iran)

Then there was the financial and more long term goals of the deal. A more stabile power relationship in the ME eliminating the need for US troops. Possibly sowing the seeds of revolution in Iran (internal) etc.

Vastly better than what we have today, which is kind of a return to the exact conditions that let Iran have a nuclear program in the first place. The deal was working according to everyone but US republicans.

I agree, that’s clearly the goal. But issues regarding Jerusalem, statehood, right of return for Palestinian refugees, settlement building, and the like are not going to be solved by forcing Palestinians’ hand. That’s what I was saying earliein another post—Trump’s “Art of the Deal” seems to consist mostly of trying to bully and strong-arm people, and if they won’t cave then he pouts. We’ve seen it again and again: with Pelosi regarding DACA and the Wall, at the G8, with his own party regarding a stimulus, plus other countries like Germany, Denmark, and China... He doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the negotiator he claimed to be, and I have strong doubts that this strategy will pay off in the Middle East. But we shall see.

He controls the executive and leads the Senate of the only true super power. Art of the deal is about bullying, and decieving etc. Overall seeing how Trump went from million dollars to play with abd loans from his dad to low million hundrendd net worth to bankrupt to billionaire to international holdings to president id say he is at least above average at deal making.

Their only heavy water reactor was destroyed and would take years to rebuild. This couldn´t be done without setting of a lot of international alarms

They were allowed to enrich for the energy sector. Enrichments levels for that are vastly different than the levels needed for bomb making. So is the equipment.

They were compliant with JCPOA and had they not been it would have been a return to sanctions and possibly military action depending of the severity of their breach of the deal. (kind of like we have today but with much more oversight in the internal workings in Iran)

Then there was the financial and more long term goals of the deal. A more stabile power relationship in the ME eliminating the need for US troops. Possibly sowing the seeds of revolution in Iran (internal) etc.

Vastly better than what we have today, which is kind of a return to the exact conditions that let Iran have a nuclear program in the first place. The deal was working according to everyone but US republicans.
I mean kinda. They had a lot of clauses that made it unforceable. Like 24 days notice for inspections. That gave them a chance to cheat. I mean that is allowing time to cheat. And it basically was as good as the refining abilities were down. 10-15 year length. So once they got back on their feet they were on again. Plus they'd be better off economically and have the ability to make nukes again

I mean kinda. They had a lot of clauses that made it unforceable. Like 24 days notice for inspections. That gave them a chance to cheat. I mean that is allowing time to cheat. And it basically was as good as the refining abilities were down. 10-15 year length. So once they got back on their feet they were on again. Plus they'd be better off economically and have the ability to make nukes again
Sigh. Wrong again.

Yes the country that centrally controls a fuck ton of oil desperately needed a nuclear power plant rofl.

Yes the country that centrally controls a fuck ton of oil desperately needed a nuclear power plant rofl.
I guess that´s why Trump needs to sell nuclear tech to Saudi Arabia. The US is one of the top oil exporters in the world and have multiple plants. Did you have a point?

You seem to have dodged the question. I don´t care what administartion does it, completely irelevant here. (I think all dealings with SA are dogshit, my own governments included)..

1*xlEI5bWMSj6sZ06aPQsiJg.png

I guess that´s why Trump needs to sell nuclear tech to Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia and Washington had begun talks about nuclear power development before Trump’s presidency

I don´t care what administartion does it, completely irelevant here.

tenor.gif

Back