International President Trump signs HISTORIC Peace Deal between Israel, Bahrain and the UAE 9/15/20

Exactly. It's good for us and cost no blood. Imagine that, a middle east policy that isn't mired in unrealistic imperial aspirations.
Yep. Trade travel and business is much better than having divisions stationed there. Also when they fly USA based planes or use parts to fix them that helps the US. Instead of costing us trillions.

The USA can't make masks and gloves in the event of an emergency.

I'd be more impressed if it were Saudi Arabia.

It will likely come soon. Bin Salman is letting the smaller GCC countries shift the overton window towards acceptance of normalization by the GCC Arabs, allowing Saudi to sign a normalization agreement without much fuss from the GCC street.

MBS wasnts to stay in power and wants to stick it to Iran, and to do that he needs US help and for the US to not give him grief for shit like Kashoggi and Yemen. If he allies up to Israel, the US will give back him up.

Saudi Arabia is now allowing UAE/Israeli flights over their airspace. They are next in line to recognize Israel. God damn we picked the right president.

How is this a big fucking deal? It doesnt fix anything in Gaza or Syria or Lebanon or Iran.

Perhaps. But UAE rarely makes major foreign policy decisions without the blessing of Ryadh. An overt branch of peace from the birthplace of The Prophet to the Jews would enrage Sunni and Shia.nuts across the globe. King Salman can't go there.
He has already imprisoned clerics that he perceived to not be supportive , and recently an influential Wahhabi cleric said Jews and Muslims need to join forces to fight anti Semitism. Such a statement from a top cleric is no coincidence ; it is said on the orders of Bin Salman, to legitimize normalization with Israel and neuter resistance to Bin Salam's Israel rapproachment.

https://www.jpost.com/international...d-to-join-forces-to-fight-antisemitism-630867

How is this a big fucking deal? It doesnt fix anything in Gaza or Syria or Lebanon or Iran.

How are two countries who previously would shoot down inbound passenger planes, who would not accept the passports from that nation, who are literally sworn to war by their own religions, declaring peace....a big fucking deal?

I dunno man. Fuck me I guess.

Quote function screw up. The "all true" was your quote. When I was splitting up your post to quote individual sentences, the quoting got screwed up.

Reading the news, and reading between the lines , it does not take paranormal skills to suss out what is going on.

It ain't a comparison at all, you threw up a god dam stupid hyperbole and strawman.

You want to credit him because he is your boy, that is the only reason.

He deseves no credit for this, because this is a) not a peace deal as Trumpers like to claim and b) this UAE Israel Saudi path was set long before Trump took office. Nothing has really changed, all these countries were already cosying up to Israel before Trump.

If a man and woman are married in all but name and finally decide to sign papers, is it really a big achievment.

Yeah yeah keep shouting that shit in the streets. We'll be over here wearing red hats and holding up the nobel peace prize.

Yeah yeah keep shouting that shit in the streets. We'll be over here wearing red hats and holding up the nobel peace prize.
Trump ain't getting the Nobel. You are delusional.

Does not matter if you deck yourself out in Magabilly gear, cause ultimately the Trump agenda will fail, even if he wins in Nov.

Trump ain't getting the Nobel. You are delusional.

Does not matter if you deck yourself out in Magabilly gear, cause ultimately the Trump agenda will fail, even if he wins in Nov.

Two nominations and the last 4 years indicate otherwise.

How are two countries who previously would shoot down inbound passenger planes, who would not accept the passports from that nation, who are literally sworn to war by their own religions, declaring peace....a big fucking deal?

So, UAE gets access to advance arms and furthering an arms race? You don't think this pushes everyone else to get the next gen fighters from russia? Accepting or not acceptung flights from Israel isnt something that was going to start a war nor did someone from Israel have problems entering the UAE before this.

So, UAE gets access to advance arms and furthering an arms race? You don't think this pushes everyone else to get the next gen fighters from russia? Accepting or not acceptung flights from Israel isnt something that was going to start a war nor did someone from Israel have problems entering the UAE before this.

Oh noes! All those weapons going to countries who have agreed not to fight each other!

Two nominations and the last 4 years indicate otherwise.
Others have been nominated. The first guy who nominated him is a rightwing populist politician, and Trump is a rightwing populist.

Nothing he has done in the last 4 years is deserving of a Nobel.

Trump didn't bring about peace, because neither of the sides were ever at war. This normalization does not change the sitution for the Palestinians, so calling it "peace" is Orwellian speak.

they need their air space to get to iran. when they are neutralized, iran wont be able to fund gaza, syria, and lebanon.

Others have been nominated. The first guy who nominated him is a rightwing populist politician, and Trump is a rightwing populist.

Nothing he has done in the last 4 years is deserving of a Nobel.

Trump didn't bring about peace, because neither of the sides were ever at war. This normalization does not change the sitution for the Palestinians, so calling it "peace" is Orwellian speak.

So Nelson Mandela didn't bring peace by getting rid of apartheid? What countries were at war that he brokered peace to?

So Nelson Mandela didn't bring peace by getting rid of apartheid? What countries were at war that he brokered peace to?

Mandela got the Nobel peace prize , along with De Klerk. Are we arguing whether this UAE/Bahrain normalization with Israel is a peace treaty or are we arguing on what merits a Nobel peace prize ?

UAE and Bahrain were never at war with Israel, so how can this agreement be called a peace treaty? And why is Trump getting credit for a non peace treaty? Just because he sits in the Oval Office does not mean he did something special. Mandela actually was an integral part of the end of Apartheid.

There are bigger concerns than just the Palestinian situation and that increased regional stability is preferable to infinite hostility or unproductive status quo. These parties understand that. The question is, how will the Islamic fundamentalists respond.
There was little hostility before the signing. UAE and Saudi were already getting cosy with Israel during Obama's term.

Watch the leftists here duck and run from this thread hoping it will die. :D
Duck and run? Preposterous accusation sir. :)
I never have any issue discussing any political topic with conservatives here.

@MicroBrew is doing solid work in this thread.
This is a PR stunt. While it’s technically “historic,” and that’s worth something, I guess—it is lacking in substance, as is Trump’s MO. As @MicroBrew pointed out, this simply makes official what has already been long occurring. But it has some superficial benefits: Trump gets to tout his “peace deal” (it isn’t, and it doesn’t even lay the foundation for the first step towards one); Netanyahu gets to step back from annexation, as his zeal for it has brought about quite a bit of criticism; and the UAE gets to continue their PR push as a tourist destination, and stalwart of more moderate Islam.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/14/trump-mideast-israel-uae-deal-395567
Who gets screwed, is of course, the Palestinians. They will be on the receiving end of Trump’s “Art of the Deal,” which largely just consists of trying to bully and strong-arm his way into getting what he wants. This is not going to work in the Middle East long term, and to claim it lays the foundation of a viable two-state solution (as Trump has claimed) is downright laughable.
Trump has never given much of a shit about the Palestinians, as evidenced by his moving our embassy to Jerusalem, resulting in many deaths. He also didn’t seem to care much for them in this deal, as there is no right of return for Palestinian refugees, Jerusalem is given wholly to Israel, and Palestinian education curriculums need to be reviewed by Israel and the U.S.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...lestinians-respond-unity-200914175752492.html
Trump’s lack of understanding of the complexity of relations in the region will set the stage for a powder keg for future leaders.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/08/15/the-uae-israel-agreement-isnt-all-its-cracked-up-to-be/

Back