President Trump Honors Black Civil War Soldiers with National Monument

Negro sounds jarring to my ear except in certain contexts like "old Negro spiritual". Colored has the same stigma, but colored people means the same thing as "people of color" so I'm not sure I care. African-American is fine. I grew up in almost all black neighborhoods and attended majority black schools until college, and black was the term that was used by everyone. So it's what I mainly use.

It is true that sometimes people use the term African-American as an exact synonym for black, which can rarely lead to some amusing locutions, like talking about the African-American community in Canada (not referring to emigres).

I'm not fond of "black" either. Masonic checkerboard nonsense.
Black is just as much a misnomer as african american hell even worse. Now I don't know anything about Law, but I know this. Black implies Civiliter Mortuus, meaning dead in the eyes of the law.
Besides the definition of black does not apply to my complexion nor any other negro's I know. I seen negros with dark copper colored skin, but not black.

It's hard to find anything on this event, because the National Mainstream Media basically refused to cover it.
Link said this happened on October 26th?
I wonder if there was more newsworthy happening around that time, like a synagogue shooting or something?

Chang and eng weren’t Chinese you racist fuck!!!! You think just because they were Asian they were Chinese??? I bet you think they knew karate too....

They are chinese descent. Chang and Eng are not Thai names.

Trump feels guilty because his Dad was in the Klan and they would not rent apartments to black people.
I guess a monument makes it all equal now.

You can be great and a traitor at the same time, they're not mutually exclusive.

Keep in mind i'm using "great" as in "had a profound effect on some facet of the world" and not "I wouldn't slap the shit out of that dude if I met him in person".
That's how I meant "great" when I wrote it.

So fair enough.

I think Trump can be shown to have impacted the lives of African Americans positively. For at least a year now black unemployment rates have been at record lows. Wages have also been going up. I think this is a major reason Trump's approval rating with American blacks is much higher than George W's was. Last I saw Trump was in the 40% range while for George W it was often under 20%. In 2005 it was as low as 15%, and I'm not sure if that was the nadir. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm guessing Trump's approval rating with black Dem voters is double what it is with white Dem voters. And it's the white Dem voters who are convinced he's racist.

We could argue about all that, but I strongly agree with you that Trump has been remiss in not doing more of this type of thing (and the media should make a big deal about this sort of thing imo). The president does have a sort of ceremonial role at times, and I believe it is a n important part of the job.
How much of that is a result of his policy? He's only been in office for a year, I think there's only so much you can credit him with for better and for worse. But if you have reason and evidence to suggest that a policy of his is at least in part responsible I don't mind seeing it.

How much of that is a result of his policy? He's only been in office for a year, I think there's only so much you can credit him with for better and for worse. But if you have reason and evidence to suggest that a policy of his is at least in part responsible I don't mind seeing it.

It's difficult to tell with economic policies, which play out over the long term, but the market certainly responded to his election quickly and enthusiastically and to his much maligned tax cuts. People put a lot of money into their businesses and into other people's businesses in the last two years. I know many people dismiss it, but the amount of businesses announcing bonuses for their workers plays a lot better with those workers than with pundits.

I think his relatively high approval numbers among blacks reflect their views on the way their economic outlook has changed for the better more than they reflect Kanye's malevolent influence.

It's difficult to tell with economic policies, which play out over the long term, but the market certainly responded to his election quickly and enthusiastically and to his much maligned tax cuts. People put a lot of money into their businesses and into other people's businesses in the last two years. I know many people dismiss it, but the amount of businesses announcing bonuses for their workers plays a lot better with those workers than with pundits.

I think his relatively high approval numbers among blacks reflect their views on the way their economic outlook has changed for the better more than they reflect Kanye's malevolent influence.
Most of the money saved from those tax cuts went into stock buybacks though, not bonuses. Its money that didn't trickle down for the most part. But at this point we're going off topic and sometimes perception matters more than reality when it comes to approval ratings so fair enough.

Most of the money saved from those tax cuts went into stock buybacks though, not bonuses. Its money that didn't trickle down for the most part. But at this point we're going off topic and sometimes perception matters more than reality when it comes to approval ratings so fair enough.
Sure, most of the money. But more of that money went to lower tier workers than would have otherwise. So like I said, it's maligned by pundits but appreciated by many workers. It's a fact that substantial amounts of money did trickle down. I agree with you that the percentages were much lower than they ought to have been. I'd also like to see wages grow even faster, but growing at all is pretty good compared to the stagnation we've seen. Trump's got the economy humming right now. That's been very good for me. Believe me when I say, I hope the Dems do just as well their next at bat.

As far as impacting blacks, I'm an outsider to that community, but an intimate outsider. I spend a lot of time in East Cleveland and on the east side of Cleveland and things are looking up. It's not all roses, but we had some lean years there for a while. I'm no political pollster, and all I've got to offer are anecdotes, but I've got a lot of anecdotes because I put in the time down in the hood. The things I hear black people trashing Trump for are small but important symbolic things. They basically think he's at least a low grade racist he doesn't care much for blacks personally. The things I hear them say begrudgingly giving him credit are more substantial imo, they think he's responsible for things going well on St. Clair.

I think Trump would be smart to give a speech at least one a month where he either explicitly says or very clearly expresses the idea that he likes black people in his unique way: "Blacks are the best people. I love blacks. They are yuugely important to making America great."

B-b-but, he's a White Nationalist. Some braindead fucktard said so. How can this be?
577ee938-896f-4f31-b409-40072fff8614.gif

President Trump Honors Black Civil War Soldiers with National Monument.

Well, Camp Nelson was named after William 'Bull' Nelson who was a Major General in the Union Army. He was a white man. The Camp itself is now the monument. I think Trump is honoring Nelson for his services.
351px-William_Nelson.jpg

Still racist for being bffs with Kanye...we all know Kanye white...

Sure, most of the money. But more of that money went to lower tier workers than would have otherwise. So like I said, it's maligned by pundits but appreciated by many workers. It's a fact that substantial amounts of money did trickle down. I agree with you that the percentages were much lower than they ought to have been. I'd also like to see wages grow even faster, but growing at all is pretty good compared to the stagnation we've seen. Trump's got the economy humming right now. That's been very good for me. Believe me when I say, I hope the Dems do just as well their next at bat.

As far as impacting blacks, I'm an outsider to that community, but an intimate outsider. I spend a lot of time in East Cleveland and on the east side of Cleveland and things are looking up. It's not all roses, but we had some lean years there for a while. I'm no political pollster, and all I've got to offer are anecdotes, but I've got a lot of anecdotes because I put in the time down in the hood. The things I hear black people trashing Trump for are small but important symbolic things. They basically think he's at least a low grade racist he doesn't care much for blacks personally. The things I hear them say begrudgingly giving him credit are more substantial imo, they think he's responsible for things going well on St. Clair.

I think Trump would be smart to give a speech at least one a month where he either explicitly says or very clearly expresses the idea that he likes black people in his unique way: "Blacks are the best people. I love blacks. They are yuugely important to making America great."

Part of the problem is a big part of his appeal to his base is that he "triggers the libs" so that kind of messaging is a 180 turn away from what got him here in the first place. Perhaps he's built enough of a cult of personality to get away with that kind of pivot though.

Right cause Trump was never given a lifetime achievement award for helping the black community...

You do realize that this was when Donald Trump was a declared Democrat, right?

Colored has the same stigma, but colored people means the same thing as "people of color" so I'm not sure I care.
Thank you for acknowledging this. This is why I am agains the pushing of the term POC on non black minorities. There is very clear propaganda behind its redefinition.

You do realize that this was when Donald Trump was a declared Democrat, right?

What does this have to do with anything? Just because somebody is a republican doesn't mean that they're automatically a racist. The left keeps calling him a racist because he wants to buckle down on illegal immigration, but conveniently forgets that Obama and the Democrats shared the exact same perspective.

They were called the Siamese twins because twins because they were from Siam...Thailand.

There’s a Thai beer called chang....

The thai beer is likely owned by a chinese family, possibly an assimilated chinese family, chinese nonetheless especially if from Southeast asia.

Back