Elections President Trump defies Congress with 8 billion dollar weapon sale to Suadi Arabia

So does this make the US the worlds number 1 sponsor of terrorism? It´s usually S.A and Pakistan but 8 billion is a lot of cheddar

So does this make the US the worlds number 1 sponsor of terrorism? It´s usually S.A and Pakistan but 8 billion is a lot of cheddar

our CIA, the Saudis, UAE, Pakistan, and isreal are Behind most all terrorism that is state sponsored. Look at Syria, look at Libya. Look at Iraq.

our CIA, the Saudis, UAE, Pakistan, and isreal are Behind most all terrorism that is state sponsored. Look at Syria, look at Libya. Look at Iraq.

Or Western Europe.

If you read the article most of this stuff is to support aircraft; F-15, F-16, and the Eurofighter. The only non-aircraft asset listed is the Javelin anti-tank missiles...unless those have been upgraded to be fired from aircraft, but as far as I understand they are not. Also, for what it's worth, the Javelin is an anti-tank HEAT (High Explosive Anti-Tank) Round which means it's designed for penetrating thick armor and delivering an explosive through a very small hole. It's designed to kill a tank crew inside the turret and that's about it...very small explosion compared to some of the RPG warheads I've seen.

Here's a video of this missile during testing and as you can see it's a small explosion.

My only reason for posting this is that none of is this is "terror-related" weaponary as the fear-mongers in here are already claiming. Terror groups aren't using F-15's or F-16's with precision guided munitions because they are too expensive. They also won't be using Javelin missiles for the same cost reason, and also because the missiles are much more complicated than something like an RPG.

This being said if the loophole is out of control in terms of power then Congress needs to draft legislation and push it through to close the loophole. But really this is just business as usual and it isn't any kind of "move towards war." It's a business deal and not "financing terror."

I wonder why Trump didn't withhold the aid until the Saudis could give him something personal in return because that's totally cool now

It's weird that I have no idea who is supposed to oversee the sale of weapons. My gut says it should be Congress but this article suggests that I would be wrong.

Also "national emergency", lol. This loophole has got to be fucking closed. It's the same argument he used to siphon military money for the wall. Regardless of where you stand on the 2 very separate issues, the abuse of "national emergency" has got to be near the top of any rational person's democratic concerns.
Ironically, the vast majority of "current national emergencies" are for blocking access to weapons and economic means of supporting terrorism, especially in the middle east. Trump, ever the maverick, flips this on its head...

1825078945.jpg

"M'lord"

It’s bullshit. Congress has got to step up and make this shit illegal. He can’t give them anything if congress doesn’t allow it right?

someone’s gotta stop this nonsense. But make no mistake, the Michael Bloomberg’s of America, the ultra rich, support this. As they claim to be “progressive”

The only way to stop this is Ron Paul, or some really really really REALLY right wing politicians or street movement,

trump failed. Got put in his place by the nefarious deep state, couldn’t even fight them for an entire 4 years.
Trump lost to the "deep state" the moment he was elected and everyone refused to work for him, even when he extended an invitation to the left. He then bent the knee to the Republican party and let all the swamp monsters back in to fill his cabinet.

those weapons are NOT for their military. It’s to pass around and funnel to terror groups.

the house of saud dares not make their military too strong or able. Or someone else will be in charge of the land of sand

Fixed that for you. What I think you are trying to say. Also remember PPP. Russian and chinese military spend less in US $ but a good amount internally on their own stuff. They have competent militaries which could be 1 million times harder than Iran would ever be for the US.

I think it was more like 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia not 8.

It's weird that I have no idea who is supposed to oversee the sale of weapons. My gut says it should be Congress but this article suggests that I would be wrong.

Also "national emergency", lol. This loophole has got to be fucking closed. It's the same argument he used to siphon military money for the wall. Regardless of where you stand on the 2 very separate issues, the abuse of "national emergency" has got to be near the top of any rational person's democratic concerns.

Didn't he also use "National Emergency" or "National Security" for the tariffs?

Didn't he also use "National Emergency" or "National Security" for the tariffs?
You're right, I'd forgotten about that. Yeesh. National emergency for all sorts of plenary powers.

It's crazy that the example that immediately pops into my head is "literally Hitler", lol. I'm sure there are other examples but that's the first one I thought I of.

I wonder why Trump didn't withhold the aid until the Saudis could give him something personal in return because that's totally cool now
Wonder why? How would we know he didn't? Not only is extortion totally cool now but so is covering up all the evidence.

It’s bullshit. Congress has got to step up and make this shit illegal. He can’t give them anything if congress doesn’t allow it right?

someone’s gotta stop this nonsense. But make no mistake, the Michael Bloomberg’s of America, the ultra rich, support this. As they claim to be “progressive”

The only way to stop this is Ron Paul, or some really really really REALLY right wing politicians or street movement,

trump failed. Got put in his place by the nefarious deep state, couldn’t even fight them for an entire 4 years.

It's almost like they had some opportunity to stop it right now but declined to.

Weird.

Can any arabs fight worth a shit? Even with an unstable region with militaries that should have more combat experience than most, the answer is, no...

consider this: Israel’s 2017 defense budget was $18.5b

Saudi Arabia’s was $76.7b

But SA has money lying around to just throw away. And that equates to 8.9% og GDP for SA copared to 6.1% for Israel.

I wish he'd have sent 8 MOABS directly to the royal palace.

It’s bullshit. Congress has got to step up and make this shit illegal. He can’t give them anything if congress doesn’t allow it right

Yeah, about that following the law thing... one of the articles of impeachment stated that Trump did not have the right to unilaterally halt aid to Ukraine without notifying Congress... which he did not.

Guess who doesn't care and is going to acquit him today?

Laws only matter if someone if willing to stand up for checks and balances, which these Congressional Republicans are PROFOUNDLY uninterested in doing.

Last edited:
He's a fucking idiot. This was fucking stupid. Obama was right.

That being said - its like selling books to kids that can't read. The Saudi military is so fucking incompetent that the risk and damage of these weapons are greatly reduced by the simple fact that those fucking retards can't fight worth shit.

So how do you feel then about giving nuke tech to them?

Giving retards nukes sounds like a bad idea.

Back