Elections President Trump 2020 budget calls for 26 billion dollar cut in Social Security

Oh I think this goes so much deeper than the Bush apologists. He could actually be criticized after about 2004 (and was criticized by conservatives, some for not being fascist enough though) after we came out of our 9/11 trance. This is a pure cult. I think it's exceedingly dangerous.

Trump is 100x more dangerous than Bush ever was or ever could be. He's mentally ill and makes no effort to do hide it. Low intelligent individuals confuse bravado and narcissism with intellect --they're in a cult and will do anything and everything for Dear Leader.

Unfortunately the right are only capable of understanding something in the context of winning and losing, because of this they will continue to be dominated willfully.

Just remember, what you're seeing and hearing isn't actually what's happening. A cult of personality and it's highly disturbing.

Trump isn't revamping shit. Don't you get it by now? The GOP have zero to offer, save blatant giveaways to insurers. That's why they worked with the Obama admin for a whole year, filling the ACA up with their amendments, voted and passed the ACA, then spent the next DECADE screaming about how they had better plans.

He's not gonna revamp medicaid, or social security, or prescription drugs anywhere near what he promises, because he's got nothing, and his staff is a skeleton crew of incompetent multi millionaire donors or vulture capitalists, the exact type of scumbag elite he gets his base rallied up against.

You do realize that no repubs voted for ACA?

i would opt out of that 7.65% for FICA if i could
in fact, i'd opt out of all of it since i was 18

unfortunately that's not how it works

Normal People- "Hey Donald, since we have this super awesome booming economy you keep bragging about can we take some of that money and invest it in healthcare, education, infrastructure and perhaps sure up Social Security going forward"

Donald - " Lol absolutely not, in fact we are going to cut funding for all of those things even CHIP and disability payments under SS."

Normal People - "Uhhh ok but you're going fix the deficit?"

Donald - "Lol sure..... maybe by 2035 ifthe country experiences unprecedented economic growth over the next 15 years"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...eficit-over-10-years-briefing-document-shows/

The White House on Monday proposed a $4.8 trillion election-year budget that would slash major domestic and safety net programs, setting up a stark contrast with President Trump’s rivals as voting gets under way in the Democratic presidential primary.

The budget would cut Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program and also wring savings from Medicare despite Trump’s repeated promises to safeguard Medicare and Social Security.

It takes aim at domestic spending with cuts that are sure to be rejected by Congress, including slashing the Environmental Protection Agency budget by 26.5 percent over the next year, and cutting the budget of the Health and Human Services department by 9 percent. HHS includes the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which will see a budget cut even as the coronavirus spreads -- although officials said funding aimed at combating the coronavirus would be protected.

The budget is a proposal to Congress, and lawmakers have mostly rejected the White House’s proposed cuts in the past. Still, the budget plan sets up the Trump administration’s policy priorities heading into the November elections and are likely to draw scrutiny in Washington and on the campaign trail.

It would target the Education Department is for a nearly 8 percent cut, the Interior Department would be cut 13.4 percent, and the Housing and Urban Development department would be cut 15.2 percent. The State Department and U.S. Agency for International Development would be cut by 22 percent.

The proposed cuts stand in contrast to proposals by major Democratic candidates to expand environmental, education and health care spending, setting up a clash between Trump and his 2020 rivals over their major campaign priorities.

Not all agencies would face cuts, though. Trump proposes to increase spending for the Department of Homeland Security, while keeping Pentagon spending mostly flat. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration budget would increase by 12 percent as Trump has said he wants the agency to prepare for space travel to Mars.

Even with all the proposed spending cuts, the budget would fail to eliminate the federal deficit over the next 10 years, missing a longtime GOP fiscal target. Instead, White House officials plan to say their budget proposal would close the deficit by 2035.

But it would only achieve this if the economy grows at an unprecedented, sustained 3 percent clip through 2025, levels the administration has failed to achieve for even one year so far. The U.S. economy grew 2.3 percent in 2019, the weakest level since Trump took office.

During Trump’s first year in office, his advisers said their budget plan would eliminate the deficit by around 2028. This new budget will mark the third consecutive time that they abandon that 10-year goal and instead suggest a 15-year target.

This new trend shows how little progress the White House is making in dealing with ballooning government debt, something GOP party leaders had made a top goal during the Obama administration. Trump’s first budget projected the deficit in 2021 would be $456 billion. Instead, it is projected to be more than double that amount.

Trump has shown little interest in dealing with the deficit and debt, though some GOP leaders say it remains a priority. The $4.8 trillion budget for 2021 would represent a $700 billion surge over levels from 2018.

White House officials have blamed congressional Democrats for inaction on the federal deficit. However, Trump has agreed to increase spending throughout the government because it was the condition on which Democrats accepted a higher military budget.

As a presidential candidate, Trump said he would eliminate not just the annual federal deficit but all debt held by the United States after eight years in office.

“Trying to balance the budget in 10 years is very difficult, so having a longer time horizon makes a lot of sense,” said Marc Goldwein, a senior vice president at the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which advocates reducing the deficit. “Fifteen years is still very aggressive.”

The deficit is the gap between spending and revenue, and this year it is projected to breach $1 trillion for the first time since 2012. White House officials are expected to try to emphasize on Monday that their budget proposal would make progress toward reducing the deficit by 2030 but not eliminate the gap.

Trump’s budget aims to cut spending on safety-net programs such as Medicaid and food stamps, cutting food stamp spending by $181 billion over a decade. It proposes to squeeze hundreds of billions of dollars from Medicare over a decade through cost-saving proposals such as reforming medical liability and modifying payments to hospitals for uncompensated care.

The budget cuts Medicaid spending by about $920 billion over 10 years, a change Democrats and administration critics warn would lead to reductions in benefits and the number of people on the health care program.

A senior administration official defended the cut, noting it reflects a decrease in the rate at which Medicaid spending would grow rather than a reduction from current spending levels. The official said the administration would save money on Medicaid spending through new work requirements and recouping payments incorrectly spent by the federal government.

Liberal economists rejected that argument. “This is a budget that would cause many millions of people to lose health care coverage. That is unambiguous," said Aviva Aron-Dine, a former Obama official and vice president at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a left-leaning think-tank.

Democrats such as Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.), chairman of the House Budget Committee, said early reports indicate the budget includes “destructive changes … while extending [Trump’s] tax cuts for millionaires and wealthy corporations.”

During the last year President Barack Obama was in office, the deficit was less than $600 billion, but it has grown significantly since then.

The 2017 GOP tax cuts and new domestic spending approved by bipartisan majorities in Congress have widened this gap markedly. However, the Trump administration’s new budget summary contains the line: “All administration policies will pay for themselves, including extending tax cut provisions expiring in 2025.”

Without action by Congress and the administration, tax cuts for families and individuals would expire at the end of 2025. Budget experts have projected that extending those tax cuts would reduce revenue by roughly $1 trillion.

The largest parts of the government’s budget are “mandatory” spending programs that are automatically renewed each year without congressional approval, such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. Trump said on Twitter Saturday that the budget “will not be touching your Social Security or Medicare.” In 2015, he promised not to seek cuts to Medicaid as well, but his budgets have routinely sought big Medicaid changes that would cut roughly $800 billion from the program over 10 years.

Those proposals have not gained traction in Congress, however, and Trump has not fought for Congress to consider the changes as much as he’s battled over some of his other priorities.

The budget is expected to request $2 billion in homeland security spending for the southern border wall — billions less than in past years and billions less than Congress has agreed to. However, the administration has siphoned billions more from the Pentagon budget ever since declaring a national emergency at the border following last winter’s government shutdown.

Administration officials say the wall has moved into a new phase, focused on execution of the project now that funding for it has been secured. The budget document says the administration expects to have completed 400 miles of new border wall by the end of 2020.

“The president’s budget to fund the wall and border security [comes] with big increases for infrastructure, technology and law enforcement personnel,” said a senior administration official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity because the budget was not yet released. “This request is based on what’s required to gain operational control of the border.”

Overall, the budget proposes 5 percent net cuts in domestic discretionary spending, the category of government spending that covers agencies like HHS and the Education Department, but does not include Social Security or Medicare.

These proposed cuts fall well below spending caps that lawmakers and the administration already agreed to in a bipartisan budget deal for 2021. That all but ensures the budget will face bipartisan opposition on Capitol Hill.

The federal debt has already grown by about $3 trillion under Trump.

You do realize that no repubs voted for ACA?

They sat back and called it tyranny after spending a year to load it with the provisions they wanted.

Then they worked to sabotage it, absent any sort of alternative that wasn't a giveaway to insurers, and reliably, people railed on their side.

People are still rallying on the GOP's side, forgetting that they're the reason the ACA hasn't worked anywhere near where it could, and that they did it on purpose, for party over country.

I'm telling you as someone who does disability evaluations on a weekly basis. If you don't want to take my word for it, then whatever, you could just Google some stats for yourself.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23800432

There are tons of people scamming the system and collecting money who are able to work.

The link you posted is for people claiming disability for mental illnesses, which according the the article represent 1/3 of disability cases, and a full half of those are "mood disorders."

On the contrary, the largest percentage of disability cases are Musculoskeletal System & Connective Tissue Disorders. Now I'm no medical professional but I am 100% sure it's easier to fake a mood disorder (psych exam) than to fake a physical disability (MRI/X-rays)

Until you provide some evidence of widespread disability abuse in general, all you're showing is that about half of the people diagnosed with disability due to "mental disorders" may not really be disabled. I don't think that's exactly groundbreaking stuff there.

Furthermore, even if 75% of all disability cases were fraud (obviously it's way lower than that), the solution isn't to deprive the legitimate recipients, the solution needs to be better evaluations.

The GOP has never cared about the national debt; the deficit or the size of government. They have always only cared about tax cuts for the rich and shoving Christianity down all of our throats. It's always been a ruse to bludgeon Democrats with to win elections and nothing else.

The link you posted is for people claiming disability for mental illnesses
, which according the the article represent 1/3 of disability cases, and a full half of those are "mood disorders."

On the contrary, the largest percentage of disability cases are Musculoskeletal System & Connective Tissue Disorders. Now I'm no medical professional but I am 100% sure it's easier to fake a mood disorder (psych exam) than to fake a physical disability (MRI/X-rays)

Until you provide some evidence of widespread disability abuse in general, all you're showing is that about half of the people diagnosed with disability due to "mental disorders" may not really be disabled. I don't think that's exactly groundbreaking stuff there.

Furthermore, even if 75% of all disability cases were fraud (obviously it's way lower than that), the solution isn't to deprive the legitimate recipients, the solution needs to be better evaluations.
The link you posted is for people claiming disability for mental illnesses, which according the the article represent 1/3 of disability cases, and a full half of those are "mood disorders."

The stat in the first sentence says nothing about mental illness. If you locate the full study and look up the various other studies it cites, it's not just mental illness. It's stuff like dementia, TBI, chronic fatigue, and other stuff.

Even if it were as you claimed, 50-60% of just 1/3 of the claims, that's still up to 20% of all claims. 20% are faked mental/neurological issues. Then add whatever percent of malingered MSK issues onto that. And whatever other malingered disabilities. It's still a very significant number.

Now I'm no medical professional but I am 100% sure it's easier to fake a mood disorder (psych exam) than to fake a physical disability (MRI/X-rays)

I'm not convinced of this. Low back pain is one of the very top reasons that people miss work, and many types of lower back pain have no known anatomical cause. You're not going to be able to get an x-ray of someone's back and then claim with any certainty if their back pain is real or malingered. There are certainly tests designed to catch malingerers, but it's not as simple as just doing some imaging of someone's back.

The stat in the first sentence says nothing about mental illness. If you locate the full study and look up the various other studies it cites, it's not just mental illness. It's stuff like dementia, TBI, chronic fatigue, and other stuff.

Even if it were as you claimed, 50-60% of just 1/3 of the claims, that's still up to 20% of all claims. 20% are faked mental/neurological issues. Then add whatever percent of malingered MSK issues onto that. And whatever other malingered disabilities. It's still a very significant number.

I'm not convinced of this. Low back pain is one of the very top reasons that people miss work, and many types of lower back pain have no known anatomical cause. You're not going to be able to get an x-ray of someone's back and then claim with any certainty if their back pain is real or malingered. There are certainly tests designed to catch malingerers, but it's not as simple as just doing some imaging of someone's back.

Look, let's just say malingering happens in 50% of the cases (likely a high number but bear with me), the solution is STILL not to take away benefits from the legit cases.

The months of retroactive benefits can be extremely necessary for those with true medical emergencies. The solution should be better vetting of all cases, not worse treatment of legit cases. Prosecute fraud harder and hire more competent case handlers. Make the vetting process more stringent so that people just can't go to some prescription factory and get on disability.

When you go to the ER in pain, they check you out and investigate before giving pain medication. They don't then say "yep, you clearly have a large kidney stone here that looks painful. We'd love to help you but we've had people lie about being in pain before, so we can only write you a prescription for future pain and can't do anything about your current ailment"

The GOP has never cared about the national debt; the deficit or the size of government. They have always only cared about tax cuts for the rich and shoving Christianity down all of our throats. It's always been a ruse to bludgeon Democrats with to win elections and nothing else.
Republicans are pushing a bill that will reclassify people who earn 500,000 a year as middle class. lol

They sat back and called it tyranny after spending a year to load it with the provisions they wanted.

Then they worked to sabotage it, absent any sort of alternative that wasn't a giveaway to insurers, and reliably, people railed on their side.

People are still rallying on the GOP's side, forgetting that they're the reason the ACA hasn't worked anywhere near where it could, and that they did it on purpose, for party over country.

The ACA sucked because lobbyist for the insurance companies helped the Democrats (namely Max Baucus) write it.

His base will applaud these cuts (that will hurt them, personally) and his broken campaign promises like the trained seals they are. They will instead offer some tortured rationale about why this is a smart move and good for America.

Maybe one of his fellating lackey's here will show some fortitude and prove me wrong by giving Dear Leader a harsh rebuke. I hope so. But doubt it.
There will be butthole rimming...nothing less.

The ACA sucked because lobbyist for the insurance companies helped the Democrats (namely Max Baucus) write it.

The GOP was involved at every point, my man. They then refused to allocate premium easement funds, among other tactics that purposefully sabotaged it.

If you wanna look at how something gets sabotaged, look at the people sabotaging it at every turn, neglecting to tell you they helped fabricate it.

The GOP was involved at every point, my man. They then refused to allocate premium easement funds, among other tactics that purposefully sabotaged it.

If you wanna look at how something gets sabotaged, look at the people sabotaging it at every turn, neglecting to tell you they helped fabricate it.

Don't be so gullible.

They passed it without a sinle gop vote; they could have taken all the amendments that they didn't want out and passed it the way they wanted it to look.

But not a single GOP member voted on it so why not take everything out they didn't want and then pass it?

Don't be so gullible.

They passed it without a sinle gop vote; they could have taken all the amendments that they didn't want out and passed it the way they wanted it to look.

Or, they wanted both sides to be involved in something that would impact every American in the nation. It's not the democratic leadership's fault that Mitch Mcconnell decided to go entirely derelict on his duty.

Do people not understand how harmful it is to cut back pay on SS disability claims? There are miles of red tape and waiting. Have fun celebrating people having their savings wiped out and homes lost. It's fucking sick. If you've never experienced a loved one waiting on this sort of claim, kindly shut up.
I would like this 1000x if I could.

My father was disabled young (before 40 with a severe case of rheumatoid arthritis) and we didn't have much growing up but I can't imagine where we would have been if we didn't get that support. This proposal is fucking grotesque.

Also, I'm old enough to remember when taking positions like this would tank your candidacy. Ah, the good ole days.

Back