Elections President Trump 2020 budget calls for 26 billion dollar cut in Social Security

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
I guess President Trump has not got the memo about this being a really bad idea. That being said poor families, retirees, homeless are not putting gold plates on his table.

Block grants that's nice I hope you can get healthcare for 150 dollars a month. Social security forget it Bob's restaurant has a really nice dumpster in the back for leftovers.

His second term going to great for billionaires. I know March 11 he will his second term is my point.

"
This past Monday, March 11, President Trump unveiled his fiscal 2020 budget proposal for the federal government. As a reminder, fiscal years for the federal government end on Sept. 30 and begin on Oct. 1. Unveiling a budget months in advance of the actual implementation is supposed to allow Congress to make tweaks, as needed, to get a yearlong budget passed.

Trump's 2020 budget featured a lot of talking points (as presidential budgets often do), a number of which came under harsh criticism by members of the Democratic Party.

President Trump giving remarks at the Pentagon. Image source: Official White House Photo by Tia Dufour.

In particular, political opponents of the president focused on a handful of proposed cuts to social programs, which go against Trump's campaign promises in 2016 not to touch so-called entitlement programs like Medicare and Social Security.

Contained within the president's budget were calls for about $1.5 trillion in cuts to Medicaid over the next 10 years, which would be achieved by moving payouts to block grants; an $845 billion reduction to Medicare spending over the next decade that targets a decrease in wasteful spending via lower prescription drug costs; and -- surprise -- a roughly $26 billion decrease in Social Security spending over the next 10 years.

Trump's budget calls for a big change to Social Security's disability program
While Trump's budget proposal aims to curtail a number of perceived inefficiencies with the Social Security program, the bulk of the savings ($10 billion total between 2020 and 2029) are expected to be realized from a single change to the Social Security Disability Insurance program.

As of January 2019, according to the Social Security Administration (SSA), 10.15 million people were receiving a Disability Insurance benefit payment each month, 8.52 million of whom were long-term disabled workers. Of course, proving a long-term disability to the SSA, assuming you have the required lifetime work credits to receive a disability benefit, isn't a flip-of-the-switch process. Rather, the average time from application to approval can take around five months."

Last edited:
Rather, the average time from application to approval can take around five months."

It’s usually much more than that too cause most applications get denied even if they have merit which leads to an appeal with a court date with usually takes a year and a half. Then you can appeal after that which could take just as long. There’s people who wait years for benefits while their supposed to still do doctor/ hospital visits to prove their ongoing disability even though they don’t have money because they can’t work as they are disabled.

His base will applaud these cuts (that will hurt them, personally) and his broken campaign promises like the trained seals they are. They will instead offer some tortured rationale about why this is a smart move and good for America.

Maybe one of his fellating lackey's here will show some fortitude and prove me wrong by giving Dear Leader a harsh rebuke. I hope so. But doubt it.

<puh-lease75>

It's like he's trolling himself but in his famous book 'the art of the deal' he explains how you get away with over promising and under delivering. Truly a heartless human.

In OP why does it say “this past Monday March 11 Trump unveiled his 2020 budget plan “???
Lol

Trump Facebook 6 hours ago-

We will not be touching your Social Security or Medicare in Fiscal 2021 Budget. Only the Democrats will destroy them by destroying our Country’s greatest ever Economy!

In OP why does it say “this past Monday March 11 Trump unveiled his 2020 budget plan “???
Lol
It's an old article but he will go back to the plan again as spending is coming up soon. Next month expect him to review cuts in social security and medicare.

Trump Facebook 6 hours ago-

We will not be touching your Social Security or Medicare in Fiscal 2021 Budget. Only the Democrats will destroy them by destroying our Country’s greatest ever Economy!
He's going to cut them in his second term if he gets one.

Good let all the old idiots who voted for him struggle.

Perhaps they’ll learn.

Is this mostly changing the disability categories and requiring recertification with your doctor every few years for some disabilities likely to improve? Sounds like this will cut down on disability fraud and save money.

I bet Joe could work across the aisle to get this done as opposed to Bernie who won’t be able to get 1000% of his agenda done.

My point is he will go back and look at Medicare and social security cuts it's the only way to help balance the budget. They already talked about block grants and changes to Medicare. He will go back to it as soon as he can after reelection.

I've been listening to Dave Smith's podcast Part of the Problem lately and he did a big chunk recently on how the boomers have such a golden ticket that the only way to really empower millenials to be able to afford to buy homes and start families will require seriously fucking over the boomers.

I'm OK with that plan.

Back