President of Tuff-N-Uff Passes

MilesAbove

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
A heavy heart today as President of Tuff-N-Uff, Barry Meyer, passed away today.

He was a huge part of MMA in the Las Vegas region. He saw up-and-comers like John Fitch, Ronda Rousey, and many MANy others roll through his amateur organization. He was an extremely kind and sincere man. He was far too young and it is a tough pill for everyone in the Las Vegas combat scene to process. He will be missed greatly.

Here's the official story
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...ff-n-uff-exec-barry-meyers-unexpected-passing

2eakvw5.jpg

2rh2sfd.jpg

2ibhzex.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what the life of a regional promoter is like, seeing such stars to be come and go through your company. Anyways I wish the best to his family, its always sad to see a loved one meet there end.

Sad to see this. He helped a lot of fighters find amateur fights before becoming pros.

I wonder what the life of a regional promoter is like, seeing such stars to be come and go through your company. Anyways I wish the best to his family, its always sad to see a loved one meet there end.

From what I could tell from Barry and his brother and VP, Jeff, it is a very difficult and very rewarding job. They had a truly interesting position to see talent at its start, and I think they appreciate/d that fact.

I personally never heard a negative word out of Barry's mouth for the short time I've known him. In a city known for having lots of shady businessmen, gamblers, and lawyers, Barry definitely stood out as a genuinely good guy who simply loved the sport he was involved in.

Never met Barry but I met Jeff and he is a super-cool dude, really sad news.

It's a sad day.
My fighters fight for this org and Barry has always been great to us.

He will be missed.

Bumping this one time in hespect to the man. Barry Meyer, you will be missed.

Back