President Obama Wants To Make Two Year College Free To All If They Work It Off

The US is going to be left in the dust if they don't do something like this.

The US is going to be left in the dust if they don't do something like this.

$1000 per text-book on the tax-payers dime, can you feel it?

Yea, left in the dust of debt if we don't do something like this. How much waste do we already spend on the K-12. This is nothing more than an attempted bailout for the 2 year colleges that aren't producing shit.

I haven't read into specifics, but I think it could be a great idea.

Our finishing high school at 16, that way gig could have 2 years of college or 2 years of job experience before 18 and better prepared for life

I need to know the details on what they agree to do to pay back the money.

I watched the full video. What does he mean by work for it? He doesn't really go into it. Is it just some way of saying "go out and be somebody" while taxpayers are stuck with the bill or are they expected to pay back the cost? Which obviously isn't free and not really different from student loans.

Also, what about the large number of community college students who enroll and then blow it off after a couple of weeks?

College was free for me once I worked to pay it off.

If you're "working it off" then it's not free.

Obama must have been smoking those dank Hawaiian buds because he totally forgot about Pell grants. You can get a Pell grant and it will pay for community college, books, and you will get a little cash to put into your pocket as well. If you don't qualify for a Pell grant, then you can fucking afford to pay for community college anyways.

Obama must have been smoking those dank Hawaiian buds because he totally forgot about Pell grants. You can get a Pell grant and it will pay for community college, books, and you will get a little cash to put into your pocket as well. If you don't qualify for a Pell grant, then you can fucking afford to pay for community college anyways.

I think this is the idea is to reduce the number of Pell grants. President Obama is going to sell this as saving the nation and having higher success rate.

What he needs to do is look at those "For Profit" Schools like university of phoenix. I read somewhere they have like a 20% graduate rate and love to take advantage of the Military vouchers.

I doubt he actually thinks this is fundamentally a good thing. He knows it isn't, he just wants to expand the pool of handout seeking voters. Its the classic trajectory that Rome took from a wealthy republic to a democracy electing the politicians, who promised the most stuff for people. Eventually other people's money runs out.

America is just reliving history.

This will not magically create any new jobs. Still need people working in factories to create the non-productive paper pusher jobs for the people who test better. China had a billion smart people before they had all our factories.. HOW WAS THEIR ECONOMY??

just like free healthcare, that ass can't get out of the white house soon enough

What he needs to do is look at those "For Profit" Schools like university of phoenix. I read somewhere they have like a 20% graduate rate and love to take advantage of the Military vouchers.

If you fail 4 classes, you never get another cent of government money for college. That rule would save billions of dollars wasted. I went to a nice University, and finished at a smaller (yet decent and accredited) College. At the College, there were people that were 100% just not for college using all the money they could borrow/get from Pell Grants like it was welfare buying crap and not even intending on getting or caring about a degree.

just like free healthcare, that ass can't get out of the white house soon enough

No, it's not like "free health care," which Obama did not propose. You sound like you have been educated by political memes.. And that is a bad thing. There is an argument for basic health care being a right. Most first world nations have decided it is, and their people do not complain about it all that much.

FREE college should be only for the truly gifted who will seriously do something with it. Not everybody. Not everybody is for college, and damn most of the jobs out there can be done without college tbh.

The problem with entitlements is people don't value them. High school should cost a bit of money. It'd solve a lot of problems if families realized that education has real value and isn't just a glorified day care.

No, it's not like "free health care," which Obama did not propose. You sound like you have been educated by political memes.. And that is a bad thing. There is an argument for basic health care being a right. Most first world nations have decided it is, and their people do not complain about it all that much.

FREE college should be only for the truly gifted who will seriously do something with it. Not everybody. Not everybody is for college, and damn most of the jobs out there can be done without college tbh.

There is an argument for anything to be a so-called "right". It doesn't make it a good argument.

That works for more the CC. I went to a 4 year school, and I didn't pay when I went back because of Pell and Tap. I went back at 24, so it was by my income, not my parents'.

Tuition was like 2.5 grand a semester and I got like 3 a semester. Used the 500 extra on books and gas money. Was a good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back