Prep test help

Kingston

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello there, this is my first time posting here and I need your folks opinions on what I should do and what you reccomend. In about 4 weeks I have a prep test for my Police Foundations course i'll be taking. If I do very well on it I get exempted from that part of the course which will mean I can go to the gym on my time and don't have to go with those who fail, which is what i'm looking to do. There will be a beep test where the longer I go the faster I go til I can't run anymore. My cardio conditioning isn't horrible but it's not the best. Should I just start doing running and whatnot for the next while or is there anything specific I should do? If you can help me out it'd be appreciated.

I'll be more specific in what i'm looking for. I'd like a program or an intense cardio workout that you may of done in the past that'd boost my endurance and cardio in the next 3 weeks.

tabatas will boost your endurance and stamina alot...since you going to be running the pacer youll probably want to focus on leg exercises and sprinting.....all i can offer i guess

I'm not sure I understand what you're being tested on, do you run on a treadmill for the test?

If the test is endurance running then mix sprint work outs with distance runs. If nothing prepares you to run long distances but running long distances. If you lift legs that's good but only hard running will help you get ready in 4 weeks.

If you are tested on a treadmill I would run on the road for distance 2-3 day, track sprint intervals or plyometrics 1-2 days, and then practice doing the same run on the tread mill simulating the test conditions, maybe try 3 sets on the treadmill with a short break.

After 10 days of training start doing 2 adays to really build power and endurance AM sprints or plyo and then do some distance in the PM

Stretch alot and only take rest when your body says no more. Also, I would stop sprinting and doing really hard running about 3-5 days before your test so your legs are in top shape. The week before the test you should only run to maintain your level other wise you'll have dead legs on test day.

Thanks guys. What the testing is, is a beep test. I run back and forth to the sound of a beep and the beep conitnues to speed up and I have to speed up and keep up with the beep as long as I can. So in the later parts of the testing I have to push myself faster and harder.

yeah ive taken that test before. i was out of shape then though, i only got 70

Back