Premium Music Streaming Services - Pandora & Spotify

Spotify premium here, love it. High quality for a stream service, download options and the ps4 and Google home connectivity are real handy.

Uh I don't actually know. I have unlimited data.

This month so far, I've used 1.22 gigs. Spotify is constantly on when I'm driving. For the entire month of September, used only .77. For comparison, in the same month, Stitcher used twice as much data and I don't use it anywhere near is frequently.
Same here, regarding Spotify premium and unlimited data. It's really the wombo combo.

Based on this thread and after experimenting a bit with Spotify Poor I think I am going to pull the trigger and subscribe to Spotify Premium.

Just a question (sorry I am a noob at technology + I am a dinosaur): when I stream using Spotify Premium, say on my phone / tablet, and I connect said phone / tablet to my sound system ( I have a small but decent Teufel sound system) using either:
- a) a cinch jack, or
- b) via bluetooth
will the sound quality be acceptable?
Although I really like to listen to classical music on original CDs every once in a while, most of the time I put music on for background music.

I only use Emusic, but purely because I've had it almost 2 decades now and older users get a better deal than new.
Not really a streaming service as such, as you have to purchase/download the music before you are able to listen to it in full.

I do have Amazon Prime but rarely use it for music, especially since they decided that a lot that was included in the Prime package you now have to pay extra for

I listen to music constantly, every second of every day (Barry White on right now)

I've been on the Spotify war wagon since it came to the states. Family plan, and it's an invaluable service to me and my family. I would drop my TV services before I ever considered giving up my music. No commercials and personalized offline playlists are worth it.

The reason I decided to go with the service is, because when I factored how much I spent monthly on physical music purchases back then it was cheaper to use Spotify.

I use Spotify premium after years of shitting on it.

I download all my music anyway but since my iPod broke it's just been easier to use Spotify on my phone than transfer music from my laptop all the time.

I hate that random albums are missing though

I have spotify premium. No ads. I can listen to full albums instead of stations or whatever. I have the option for higher audio quality.

Worth it. I can listen to virtually anything whenever I want.
I thought it was pointless till I did a trial then when I went back to the free version of the app I was like how the fuck did I ever use this garbage lol

I thought it was pointless till I did a trial then when I went back to the free version of the app I was like how the fuck did I ever use this garbage lol

It works for me because I like listening to whole albums. Regular Spotify only has playlists.

I subscribe to Spotify premium and I actually do use it more than netflix. Its Fairly cheap here less then $3 bucks so not bad. My wife also has spotify premium but she doesnt pay for it as its a freebie of her plan which the telco never removed, was only supposed to last 6months free but till today 5yrs later its still free.

I’ve been using Tidal the last few months. While the lossless quality is great it’s not really worth the price and amount of space it takes up. I think Spotify premium is still the best music streaming service available.

Does anyone actually subscribe to these services? It seems insane to me to pay $100+/year for a music streaming and not have anything to show for it afterwards. I've heard these services are desparate for money since so many people use the free service. I actually considered the $5/mon service once because I enjoyed the service... but not a chance now at $10+/mon.

Probably because I'm not concerned with listening to a specific song. If I really want to listen a certain song, I'll just find it on Youtube. Or I'll buy the song for a $1 for my phone... then I have it when I want it.

Most of the time, when I'm listening to Pandora/Spotify, it's for background, like when we're having a party or I'm at the gym. The ads don't bother me, still better than actual radio. But I'm old, so I remember the days when we were at the mercy of radio stations spamming the same 20 songs or so. So streaming radio is still pretty cool for me.

Anyway, any thoughts on these premium services or just streaming music in general.
I’ve got pandora and Spotify, it’s worth it to me because I listen to music almost all day every day.

Based on this thread and after experimenting a bit with Spotify Poor I think I am going to pull the trigger and subscribe to Spotify Premium.

Just a question (sorry I am a noob at technology + I am a dinosaur): when I stream using Spotify Premium, say on my phone / tablet, and I connect said phone / tablet to my sound system ( I have a small but decent Teufel sound system) using either:
- a) a cinch jack, or
- b) via bluetooth
will the sound quality be acceptable?
Although I really like to listen to classical music on original CDs every once in a while, most of the time I put music on for background music.

I wish someone would answer the above. Afterall I am the one that bumped the thread.

<DCrying>

I wish someone would answer the above. Afterall I am the one that bumped the thread.

<DCrying>
Yes, the sound quality is very good. I have spotify premium and an outdoor bluetooth speaker set. Spotify premium is great, I use mine every day for the past 2+ years.

if you LOVE music its a must. if you enjoy radio hits of today get the free one.

Can't live without Spotify Premium, got nearly 1500 songs on there, as well as several podcasts.

I subscribe to Amazon Prime Premium for somewhere around $7 per month. I'm thinking of getting rid of it in favor of Youtube Premium's service in July though since I listen to most of my music on Youtube rather than Amazon.

I've got spotify premium with the family plan. I think it's worth it. I don't spend money buying CD's anymore. Which is great because I realized after my last move that I owned a bunch of music on CD that I never listened to anymore. The same with my wife. We were spending more than the subscription fee on music individually.

I still listen to the radio but having immediate access to playlists and albums without ads makes life so much better.

Plus, streaming music to various speakers around your home is great. Then walking out the door without having to stop the music, just putting on my headphones, adds to it.

Back