Premier League Thread v14 - Festive Fixtures are Going Ahead Edition

Will you have a good 2022?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

<{chips}>

There was always kinda an unofficial rivalry between Rashford and Martial.

The fact that in the last 18 months Rashford has been the (marginally) less wank of the two somehow means camp Rashford think they have won.

Dam, even that is crazy though.
He's had plenty of good games, but also has had some bad injuries in the last few years, some of which he was forced to play under rather than resting and/or having surgery, getting taken to the Euro's was a farce.. In one light he gets a lot of shit for his charitable work from fans, but also doesn't receive enough criticism from pundits and the media.

Regardless, EVERYONE is shit right now, apart from De Gea... Only thing i'll say for Rashford is that he's being played in by far the most alien role he's every played in right now.

There is literally not a player at the club I'd shed a tear for if they left the club right now.

Exception being Greenwood, and even he's not developing as well as we'd hope.

Early days and all, but RR has done nothing, thus far, outside of rotating 4 average FBs.
throw him under the bus already then, and go back to Ole. Poch will suck at United btw, inb4.
Of course that i completely understand your frustration, but you cannot expect Rangnick to make an omolete without eggs ... i really think the best course of action is to give him time and resources, then go from there.

I think its wrong to not give a manager like Rangnick time and resources, specially when youve dumped them all on a Ole, but thats me.

Get your point but, I mean, he's come in as a 6 month Interim, so...............

Regardless, EVERYONE is shit right now, apart from De Gea... Only thing i'll say for Rashford is that he's being played in by far the most alien role he's every played in right now.
He should still be able to connect with 5 yard passes to open players.

He should still be able to connect with 5 yard passes to open players.
Indeed, as should many of the team who struggle all the time with passing, Sancho looked no better to me and his conversion rate for passes/assists was significantly better than any other player in the Bundesliga. ... Rashy has never been much of a team player and is now playing in a central(ish) creative role for the first time in his life.

at least, in the 20 minutes or so that ive watched, United were the attacking team, and they press much better than how they did under Ole.
I like the agressive sense of urgency Rangnick is trying to employ, with and without the ball. But like ive been saying since Mourinho´s time, United need a proper pendulum, their own Kante, Rodri or Fabinho.
I think its wrong to not give a manager like Rangnick time and resources, specially when youve dumped them all on a Ole, but thats me.
Not only that but people must think this is football manager or something

Ralf literally couldn't train the team for like a month duo to COVID, that takes its toll on any team. There's no lessons to take away from United's Ralf right now simply because he barely had any time in the team and couldn't play 4 straight games so far.

I'll take Lingard and Martial at the toon but you can keep the rest.

St-Maximin >>>>>>>>>> Trashford

Ralf literally couldn't train the team for like a month duo to COVID, that takes its toll on any team. There's no lessons to take away from United's Ralf right now simply because he barely had any time in the team and couldn't play 4 straight games so far.
Pretty sure it was just 7 days they didn't train for. He's only been here a month.

Don't think anyone is really blaming Ralf.

Pretty sure it was just 7 days they didn't train for. He's only been here a month.
doesn't really matter the point remains, a week without any trainning on a world class team is brutal, it will immediate take it's toll on it. There's nothing to take away from United's Ralf right now. In a month or 2, sure.

After De Gea I wouldn't disagree at all, Greenwood had a couple moments I enjoyed.
In the early going, I thought he was going to have a game. Went to crap pretty quick, though. Sancho was terrible—looked like a shorter Rashford out there.

One thing i will say, it doesn't matter if Bruno was in bad form, since VDB and Pogba don't seem to count anymore he HAS to play always, that midfield is just an embarassement without him, bad form or not he's still the only one on that midfield with any sense of vision, passing, ocupation of space and even finishing ability. If Van de Beek counts less than the water boy and Pogba the same shit, he has to play. McFred, McMatic etc is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back