Premier League Thread 2017/18 v105: Player of the month

Most beautiful US citizen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't watching this shite again next season.

Since Sir Alex Ferguson retired at the end of the 2012-13 season, no Premier League team has drawn more matches nil-nil than Manchester United (19, level with Southampton)
Mou probably would read this stat and see Luke Shaw as the deciding factor

Joking aside how do you rate the season and JM's performance in particular?
If he wins the FA Cup I’d say it’s a good season overal. It wasnt a great season, a particularly a successful season by United standards, or even an exciting season—but winning a trophy and finishing in second is definitely a step in the right direction. Limping across the finish line has dampened things for me.

I think cashing in on Martial is going to be painful, particularly in absence of bringing in another young but experienced talent like a Dybala, but the squad needs significant improvement. The goals against stat doesn’t tell the story of our shaky defense, so hopefully some improvements are made there to allow more freedom to the offense. Lukaku standing alone up top isn’t going to cut it, and his service needs to improve (I do think he has potential to be very successful with the right surrounding). Sanchez needs to start making a consistent impact by September or Mourinho needs to take him and his fucking dogs out back and shoot them all.

4C11D6E600000578-0-image-m-12_1525984756124.jpg

lol

If he wins the FA Cup I’d say it’s a good season overal. It wasnt a great season, a particularly a successful season by United standards, or even an exciting season—but winning a trophy and finishing in second is definitely a step in the right direction. Limping across the finish line has dampened things for me.

I think cashing in on Martial is going to be painful, particularly in absence of bringing in another young but experienced talent like a Dybala, but the squad needs significant improvement. The goals against stat doesn’t tell the story of our shaky defense, so hopefully some improvements are made there to allow more freedom to the offense. Lukaku standing alone up top isn’t going to cut it, and his service needs to improve (I do think he has potential to be very successful with the right surrounding). Sanchez needs to start making a consistent impact by September or Mourinho needs to take him and his fucking dogs out back and shoot them all.

"When a world class talent like Sanchez becomes available you have to pounce".......guy has never been world class. Would like to hear someone try to justify that signing 4 months on. It has literally made us worse and has potentially cost us our two most exciting players in Pogba and Martial (who are both half a decade younger).

I'm actually amazed JM is not under pressure to keep his job.

"When a world class talent like Sanchez becomes available you have to pounce".......guy has never been world class. Would like to hear someone try to justify that signing 4 months on. It has literally made us worse and has potentially cost us our two most exciting players in Pogba and Martial (who are both half a decade younger).

I'm actually amazed JM is not under pressure to keep his job.

@blokeybloke

sleeping

night giys

Fackin brutal. Glad you are feeling better homey. Fuck the Bronchs.

Drysdale BB, nice. He must be a ninja.

The move Renzo showed me is a counter to when someone grabs ahold of your neck hard, like a one-armed MT clinch. Which happens a lot in jitz. Most of the time, there are classic counters to that which work, like slapping it into a Russian tie, or (one I like) wrapping over the arm with your same-side arm and threatening a power guillotine, which usually makes them let go. But, I’d been having problems with this one super heavyweight 3 stripes purplebelt, who has monster strength, just a different level. He favors that grab behind the head, and my classic counters just didn’t move his arm at all. So, I’ve been asking around, youtubing around, nothing really working too well. One blackbelt gave me a counter-escape which is decent, but I wanted something more offensive. So when I met Renzo I was like oh shit, this is the guy to ask. He was always the grittiest Gracie, most always the smaller guy, and I knew he would have some nasty street shit. Sure enough, he did. And Renzo was so cool, he demonstrated it on me, then insisted that I then do it on him, which is always the sign of a good teacher.

Basically, with your same-side hand, you reach over & around their arm that has you, all the way, so you can cup their elbow underneath. Then with your other arm, you reach under their arm the other way, and cup the bicep. Then you hug the arm to you, really tight to your chest, and then turn your whole body HARD to the side their arm is on, like you are doing a side crunch. This effectively shoulderlocks them, like that wizard Mirlock on Pete Williams back in the day. I almost never have a move that I never practiced work the first time I try it in a live roll, but this worked SO well it actually turned into a takedown, lol. The look of shock on his face was amazing, because he had been used to using that grab, and I felt like I won the lottery.

TL/DR: thank you master Renzo much hespect
Much hespect, that question is right up Renzo's alley. Get one side dangerously off balance and in danger, then go for a kill.

Yeah, he's a ninja and he finishes leglocks so quick man. He and I have really similar body types and I asked about adjustments to his ashi garami as someone with long legs that is hovering at average height. Much like Danaher's inside leg theory, but doesn't lace the other leg, rather he almost goes belly down and uses the other to hip escape and adjust, so when they try to roll out, he can follow and the more they struggle, the more he can adjust. By the time his ribs hit the mat, its over. I know from experience ahaha, my defense is pretty damn good but he cuts through me like butter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back