Premier League Thread 2017/18 v105: Player of the month

Most beautiful US citizen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
agender bestie got it on her first go

unsurprisingly lol
Can she just make an account here and post about her life so you dont' have to second-hand? Thnkx

Dc3HQKlVMAAfIcK.jpg

@UltimateVictory

Dlw2s8F.jpg

Nice, bro. What did you say it was again? I had a hard time cognating, sorry, was in bed sick for 2 weeks, a lot has been a blur

Moises Lopez (Best leglocker you've never heard of, Pan Ams and Worlds champ) is teaching our wednesday classes now. Showed the base of his system. My God Petey. His shit is almost automatic.
https://www.instagram.com/honeybadger_bjj/

Fackin brutal. Glad you are feeling better homey. Fuck the Bronchs.

Drysdale BB, nice. He must be a ninja.

The move Renzo showed me is a counter to when someone grabs ahold of your neck hard, like a one-armed MT clinch. Which happens a lot in jitz. Most of the time, there are classic counters to that which work, like slapping it into a Russian tie, or (one I like) wrapping over the arm with your same-side arm and threatening a power guillotine, which usually makes them let go. But, I’d been having problems with this one super heavyweight 3 stripes purplebelt, who has monster strength, just a different level. He favors that grab behind the head, and my classic counters just didn’t move his arm at all. So, I’ve been asking around, youtubing around, nothing really working too well. One blackbelt gave me a counter-escape which is decent, but I wanted something more offensive. So when I met Renzo I was like oh shit, this is the guy to ask. He was always the grittiest Gracie, most always the smaller guy, and I knew he would have some nasty street shit. Sure enough, he did. And Renzo was so cool, he demonstrated it on me, then insisted that I then do it on him, which is always the sign of a good teacher.

Basically, with your same-side hand, you reach over & around their arm that has you, all the way, so you can cup their elbow underneath. Then with your other arm, you reach under their arm the other way, and cup the bicep. Then you hug the arm to you, really tight to your chest, and then turn your whole body HARD to the side their arm is on, like you are doing a side crunch. This effectively shoulderlocks them, like that wizard Mirlock on Pete Williams back in the day. I almost never have a move that I never practiced work the first time I try it in a live roll, but this worked SO well it actually turned into a takedown, lol. The look of shock on his face was amazing, because he had been used to using that grab, and I felt like I won the lottery.

TL/DR: thank you master Renzo much hespect

black on black crime via west ham

'F*** off, don't pick me' - Lukaku on playing for ex-Belgium boss Wilmots
resize

Playing for Belgium under Marc Wilmots was not a source of enjoyment for Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku.

Romelu Lukaku has admitted he did not enjoy representing Belgium under former coach Marc Wilmots.

The Manchester United striker played under Wilmots for four years at international level, though the country's golden generation failed to deliver success at two major tournaments during his reign.

A star-studded squad were knocked out at the quarter-final stage of the 2014 World Cup and, after falling at the same hurdle at Euro 2016, Wilmots was sacked.

Lukaku has revealed that while he always expected to be called up for the national team, he believed his old boss did not want to pick him.

"I knew I was going to play. The only problem was I also knew he didn't want to play me," Lukaku told Play Sports.

"In that type of situation, you say, 'F*** off, leave me at home, don't pick me.'

"I enjoy playing for the national team. I never said I didn't want to play, but at that time, I didn't enjoy being a part of it. I didn't like getting selected."

Roberto Martinez took over after Wilmots' departure and successfully steered Belgium to this year's World Cup in Russia.

Lukaku featured regularly during the qualifying campaign, scoring 11 goals as Belgium became the first European nation to secure a place in the tournament.

Rooney's rumoured DC United move backed by Neville
resize

Former Manchester United and England right-back Gary Neville has suggested moving to MLS could be a good decision by Wayne Rooney.

Wayne Rooney's rumoured MLS move could be the right way for the former England captain to prepare for retirement, according to Gary Neville.

A report in the Washington Post this week said there have been serious talks between Rooney and DC United, with a transfer fee of around £12million suggested.

Although Rooney is Everton's top goalscorer this season with 11 strikes in all competitions, the former Manchester United striker has not found the net since December, spending time on the bench and being forced to deny a rift with manager Sam Allardyce.

And Neville, a former team-mate of Rooney for club and country, says moving to MLS might be the right decision for the 32-year-old.

"I thought it was nice that he went back to Everton, but it never quite works when you go back," Neville told Sky Sports of Rooney, who remains United and England's record goalscorer.

"My view is that to experience something completely different would be a great thing for him - to get away and try something different.

"He's got 30-35 years of his life to think about, coming pretty quickly. To experience different things, different cultures, different environments, and to learn about new things is not a bad thing for him. He's got a big decision to make in the next couple of years about what he does in his post-career."

Rooney was linked with a switch to MLS prior to rejoining Everton from United last July, the forward having won five Premier League titles and the 2007-08 Champions League during a 13-year stay at Old Trafford.

Another dog shit performance.

Noble and Carroll should’ve both seen red.

Another dog shit performance.

Noble and Carroll should’ve both seen red.

0-0 Masterclass.

Wonder who JM will go in on? Obviously Sanchez is immune, and obviously Shaw will be crucified, but who else?

0-0 Masterclass.

Wonder who JM will go in on? Obviously Sanchez is immune, and obviously Shaw will be crucified, but who else?
2nd place on lockdown. He turns it on the media for questioning his tactics.

Since Sir Alex Ferguson retired at the end of the 2012-13 season, no Premier League team has drawn more matches nil-nil than Manchester United (19, level with Southampton)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back